Completely CNC'ed Ares AW338

L85FREAK

If you had a m700 and wasn't satisfied with the performance then this will more than likely not satisfy you either given the comparison between existing Ares gas rifles vs existing Tanakas.

Hes right. Either they still need to release upgrades for their guns, or their guns are compatable with other branches. Either way, I dunno what to think about ARES. What i DO know is that they sell STAR products for a lower price.

But no, even thought its tempting, im not getting a ARES AW .338

No scope? Probabaly because they designed one then realised that it was *suitcase*.

Edit: Oh wait, that can't be. Since when have Star witheld any product from the market because it was *suitcase*.

Did you even own(ed) a STAR/ARES?

Parts break on other brands too you know.

What's with all this negativism lately.. :huh:

I agree that there is a lot of negativity towards Ares especially.

Maybe it's not Ares maybe it is the retailers you have distributing Ares products, mine is excellent, he can get me virtually any Ares product.

And according to what I have heard Tanaka's guns are not the greatest guns in the world.

To close they must be doing something right, they are still in business.

Did you even own(ed) a STAR/ARES?

Parts break on other brands too you know.

What's with all this negativism lately.. :huh:

I just need to see the video of their MAR's uselessness to never ever want one.

Yes parts break on other brands, but not before you've even touched it. If they weren't so expensive, then they wouldn't be facing this much derision too. The derision comes from them selling something that badly designed and made for the prices they do. At that sort of price, expectations go up, and when expectations aren't met, what else happens except derision?

So will the scope be as *suitcase*-y as the MAR on their TAR21? And will bits of the gun start falling off by itself before you even touch it? Maybe you could snipe with this gun when it decides to spit some bit of its insides out at high speeds towards yr target along with the BB?

Please note, "Scope EXCLUDED!!!" I wonder why they are so happy they aren't including the scope.

Please note, "Scope EXCLUDED!!!" I wonder why they are so happy they aren't including the scope.

I know it isn't included. They're happy cuz thats less cost to them? :D Or maybe because thats one less lousy stock item to appear on their guns, which they hope will get them less hated.

from My personal experience, i've found that ARES stuff are really well QCed before they are released.

Though i cant say the same about STAR.

Yes i do know they are the same company...

big difference is that ARES has a proper QC team, dedicated to makign high end stuff, whereas STAR is well... STAR...

Also, I don't know why all you people suddenly respect the magical 'ARES' for slapping a huge price tag on what are essentially *suitcase* STAR guns, with the no customer support, no aftermarket parts support, bits falling off, poorly casted parts, etc.

Ben.

Um, it's kinda the other way round. ARES are the OEM, STAR have been slapping huge prices on ARES stuff. Apparently ARES realised what a bad job STAR were doing with their stuff so decided to sell it themselves. ARESUSA is a user on this very board the he (I assume he) said they offer full spare part support for most of their guns. They have also withdrawn a gun (M60?) until they've fixed all the issues with it.

It's not the QC that's the problem with the MARS. It's the actual design...... which i suppose is a bit of a bigger problem

So what does QC do? Make sure all the sights are equally bad? Man... to sell something that badly designed... for that sort of price...

I just need to see the video of their MAR's uselessness to never ever want one.

Yes parts break on other brands, but not before you've even touched it. If they weren't so expensive, then they wouldn't be facing this much derision too. The derision comes from them selling something that badly designed and made for the prices they do. At that sort of price, expectations go up, and when expectations aren't met, what else happens except derision?

Coming from someone who never owned a single piece of STAR/ARES products. What valuable info. :rolleyes:

Coming from someone who never owned a single piece of STAR/ARES products. What valuable info. :rolleyes:

Well, you get people who talk about how nice STAR/ARES products are right?

Somebody's signature says "Challenge Everything". ^_^

Ok, since I don't qualify to talk about STAR/ARES products because I choose not to waste my money, let me go get Guzzihero ;)

STAR are pants.

I am Chris GuzziHero and I approve this message.

---

In more depth. STAR SLR. Cocking handle broke off, wiring sheathing jumps off the wiring, poor design and no manual = a broken nozzle (luckily I got a replacement), and the selector plate broke before I even fired it, resulting in having no safety catch.

And I've only used it once...

Their material quality is absolutely dire.

Um, it's kinda the other way round. ARES are the OEM, STAR have been slapping huge prices on ARES stuff. Apparently ARES realised what a bad job STAR were doing with their stuff so decided to sell it themselves. ARESUSA is a user on this very board the he (I assume he) said they offer full spare part support for most of their guns. They have also withdrawn a gun (M60?) until they've fixed all the issues with it.

Errr have you seen the price of that CheyTac, and the AMP DSR-1 thing?

Ben.

Well, you get people who talk about how nice STAR/ARES products are right?

Somebody's signature says "Challenge Everything". ^_^

Ok, since I don't qualify to talk about STAR/ARES products because I choose not to waste my money, let me go get Guzzihero ;)

Well their G36 series never let me down. period.

And I am by far, not the only one. Ok the MARS of TAVOR is a let down, but the rest of the rifle is very good, especially the finish of the body and the gearbox.

My H-unit was not the best, but just dissassembled it, reassembled it and poof 40meters down range.

And yes I Challenge Everything, I don't see the purpose of hiding behind someone else. ;)

Guzzi, couple of my mates had the same with a CA, a G&G and a KA and even.... (utter silence) a Systema. (no way!)

So yes in your POV STAR is terrible. But you tend to break things easily.. . :) just kiddin'

Regarding the prices Ben, Imagine if they were released by star. :mellow:

And yes I Challenge Everything, I don't see the purpose of hiding behind someone else. ;)

Well I stood out to challenge it myself but some snob shot a snide remark at me and insinuated that im not qualified to challenge. Now he claims I hide behind others. No pleasing some people is here? ;)

Well I stood out to challenge it myself but some snob shot a snide remark at me and insinuated that im not qualified to challenge. Now he claims I hide behind others. No pleasing some people is here? ;)

You should become a politician, really. go pull someone elses leg for all I care I am done here.

Ben, I could not track it any further, since at 40 meters there is a tree line in my garden

Archived