Modern Ranger Loadout

Fatal

esuwkw.jpg

Spc. Michael Engelsgjerd, an infantryman from C Co., 3rd Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment, conducts rifle marksmanship qualification June 8 as part of the USASOC Soldier and NCO of the Year Competition. Engelsgjerd finished first in the Soldier category and will represent USASOC at the Army-level competition at Fort Lee, Va., later this year.

(Photo by Spc. Tony Hawkins, USASOC PAO)

another one, I suck at hosting

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attac...mp;d=1245605814

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because that's our main battle rifle. Every service member is required to qual with the M16, regardless.

Small arms training are also done with all other weapons, as required. My particular job requires that I also qualify with the M9, whereas most Airmen only have to qual with the M16.

As a pointer for those interested, the true RLCS rear hydro carriers are distinguished because the metal side brackets (i.e those long O brackets) are black on the issued stuff, and tan on the civilian non-issue kit. Odd I know.

I know its almost impossible to tell. I don't think its an RRV, they're a bit thicket at the shoulders and it looks as if it was a cummerbund, you can see the side plate. I thought it was an RBSS with the cummerbund, of course, but I don't know.

It seems as if the rig is even thinner than the RBSS, I have an MBSS and it is thicker, but I would think its a RBSS anyway. Am I correct?

a TO&E question:

Does a ranger battalion and a ranger company compose of a Sniper unit with ex M24? and with Semisnipers? how widespread are they in TO&E ?

Snipers are going to be a battalion S-3 asset. For an Infantry battalion, a total of 9 snipers, broken into teams of 3, the main shooter (generally the guy with the mid-amount of experience) will have the M24, and his spotter will have the M110. The junior man is supposed to have an M203 attachment, but that's rarely carried nowadays. They're also supposed to have an M107A1, but again, too few targets (in Iraq anyways... Afghanistan is a different matter) rate that kind of firepower, and it's a cast-iron beast to hump around.

Archived