Modern Ranger Loadout

Fatal

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its an RRV/PC with C over a PACA. I have a SAW pouch on the other side of the rig, I keep 2 nutsack mags in there. And there is an IR laser on the SAW its just on the other side where you can't see it.

When I actually run the SAW instead of my PTW I carry two 20oz CO2 bottles in an MBSS backpack...

DSC_3222.jpg

Because that's our main battle rifle. Every service member is required to qual with the M16, regardless.

Small arms training are also done with all other weapons, as required. My particular job requires that I also qualify with the M9, whereas most Airmen only have to qual with the M16.

Really? Because I've qual'ed with an M16A4 and an M4. In the Army, you use whatever weapon you're issued with whatever sights you're issued (or authorized to buy and mount).

Really? Because I've qual'ed with an M16A4 and an M4. In the Army, you use whatever weapon you're issued with whatever sights you're issued (or authorized to buy and mount).

Usually, if an Airman is deploying will go through specific pre-deployment weapons training again, also dependent on what weapon they will be using. If you're going to be using an M4, you'll train on it. If you're going to be using an M9, you'll train on it, etc. Most of the USAF isn't going outside the wire, so they don't go through the extra training past M16s.

And I just found out Air Force officers aren't trained on the M16, unless explicitly necessary for their job.

Its an RRV/PC with C over a PACA. I have a SAW pouch on the other side of the rig, I keep 2 nutsack mags in there. And there is an IR laser on the SAW its just on the other side where you can't see it.

%100 badass to the core, true true. That is soooooooo damn nice dude, good job!

POGs. Lol.

Keep the Army ###### and name calling to yourself no need to do that on a civilian forum because you will set a bad example and have airsofters calling people POG's. We dont need to have that kind of nonsense on this board we are here strickly as advisors no more no less.

Keep the Army ###### and name calling to yourself no need to do that on a civilian forum because you will set a bad example and have airsofters calling people POG's. We dont need to have that kind of nonsense on this board we are here strickly as advisors no more no less.

I'll just tell those who don't know grunt lingo what it means, so that they know it has nothing to do with airsoft. It's usually used by Infantry and combat personel as a sort of insult towards non-combat personel. 'POG' stands for Personel Other-than Grunts.

Like Dolce said; DO NOT use this at all in games or on this site. Some people who have/ are serving will take offence to its useage.

KTcerberus - are you carrying two radios?

Yes. I have the TS MBITR with antenna and handset on the front, and an ICOM F4 hooked up to replica comtacs on the rear. I would get comtacs but have yet to find a way to hook them into an ICOM. :(

My comtacs usually run squad freq and the handset is for platoon or on big games company level freq.

Yes. I have the TS MBITR with antenna and handset on the front, and an ICOM F4 hooked up to replica comtacs on the rear. I would get comtacs but have yet to find a way to hook them into an ICOM. :(

FL5000 series PTT is what you're looking for.

My comtacs usually run squad freq and the handset is for platoon or on big games company level freq.

Man, are you carrying, the real thing? That stuff has got to be ridiculously expensive, considering the fact that they're sensitive items for us...

Oh and about the POG comment, Listen to the song FOB Life, by Fagan & Cotto (HHC 2-506). Then you'll understand why I use the term. We run 36 hour missions with 6 hour breaks, whereas the commo, artillery, and supply guys sit on their asses at the COP. And BTW, FOs and Docs don't count as POGs.

But, if the general consensus is that I discontinue the use of the term on this forum, I will.

Archived