Modern Ranger Loadout

Fatal

Is there a National Guard armory nearby? If so, dumpster-dive. I got about 10 pouches for my Marine FSBE loadout that way.

i end up guarding the gate at my local armory a lot, and i cant even begin to tell you how illegal it is for a random civilian to walk onto base and start looking through a dumpster.

that said, whenever i look inside the dumpsters, theyre full of smelly old trash bags with various animals trying to steal food.

on a different note, an active army soldier on my local forum said that you can wear any boot you want in the infantry, but if you go airborne or rangers, youre required to wear whats issued.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i end up guarding the gate at my local armory a lot, and i cant even begin to tell you how illegal it is for a random civilian to walk onto base and start looking through a dumpster.

that said, whenever i look inside the dumpsters, theyre full of smelly old trash bags with various animals trying to steal food.

on a different note, an active army soldier on my local forum said that you can wear any boot you want in the infantry, but if you go airborne or rangers, youre required to wear whats issued.

No he is refurring to the relax standards of boots while in the field or during combat operations. The ar670-1 is generally more of a garrison enforced rule. You get issued boots from CIF, and you get issued boots from your unit but if you want somthing else you can buy them just check and make sure you coc wont have an issue with it the biggest thing about unit level SOP is that you can always add to but you cant take away. This means that your unit can add more rules to the army policies but you cant take away from them. ALot of times you get problems from some high rank or brass outside your unit. Like i got pegged from not blousing my boots while i was in an training excersie my unit didnt care but that crusty old CSM deffinatly did, while he reminded me i was airborne. <_<

If you are looking for a good deal on surplus stuff from unit X go near their base and look for smaller surplus stores that say military family owned. I got a HELL of a deal on some SFLCS kit and some BHI gear at Bragg. You can also look for soldiers who are off base dropping stuff off and ask them if they will sell you any of of their old stuff. Some guys were dropping off boxes of stuff at stores (for free) simply because they did not want it anymore.

-Ryan

Dunno what sort of armory you've got where you are, but 'round here they're just buildings. It does help if you have an in, though.

Dunno what sort of armory you've got where you are, but 'round here they're just buildings. It does help if you have an in, though.

that makes a bit more sense then. we have an enormous base complete with rifle range and bivouac sites.

the snake skin pattern is very nice done does anyone have more pictures of a helmet painted with this pattern.

I see allot of guys using motorola sabre radios are these also available in with pmr channels?

Does any one has a good sourche except for ebay for these radios?

Well I stopped working on my ranger load out but I have started at it again heres my list:

Rig:

EI RRV*

EI Back pannel*

EI Canteen*

AI Flashbang

AI mbitr

EI GP/IFAK*

EI Hydro

EI Signal pouch*

EI 2x2 m4 mag

EI Shingle

All RLCS first gen.

Others:

ORC PCU's

Issued ACU's

Altama Boots

Ironclad Wrenchworx gloves

EI PACA*

EI Black riggers belt

Leatherman multitool

Alta Knee pads

Head:

MSA 2000

Goggle retention straps(taped down via 100mph tape)

One hole norotos

ITT PVS 14

Sordins*

Blaster:

PTW

LMT Sopmod stock

KAC RAS

Eotech 552

G&P AN/PEQ-2

MATECH BUIS*

Surefire M961*

EI 3pt sling*

*=Still need

Could I use comtacs? I dont have a lot of cash atm especially since I bought me a new pvs14. But I want to be spot on, so would rangers wear comtacs? Or should I roll with no head set? Also if I didnt run a light would that ruin the impression? Is it just vital? I guess I can get one as there going cheap on ebay.

I think thats it...

You can use comtacs, they're not incredibly kosher as compared to Sordins comms, but pics have been spotted with them. Often times Sordin just can't fill orders fast enough, so things get supplemented.

I'd roll with a light, these guys don't 'FISH' without a visible light.

Archived