Modern Ranger Loadout

Fatal

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess do what works for you, but those mag pouches do not look like they are easy to get stuff out of when they are that high

Completely agreed.

I would move them lower and swap it around. I know it's a copy of a real rangers setup (and also how mine was set up) but you'll find going prone or even shooting reaction side will show how poor of a mag placement that really is, just a fair warning. This came out of going prone with my RBSS a few times and banging the *suitcase* out of my jaw with the mags riding that high.

Those real guys can get away with it since they're trained badasses, but other than posed photos you'll find it's a kloogey mag location, especially since EI pouches suck so much.

A few pages back there was a picture of Rangers in formation with SCARs and some sort of repelling harnesses on their belt, can anyone tell me what the proper name for that piece of equipment is? My entire knowledge of repelling is limited to tying a swiss seat and keeping my legs at a 90 degree angle to the climbing surface...

A few pages back there was a picture of Rangers in formation with SCARs and some sort of repelling harnesses on their belt, can anyone tell me what the proper name for that piece of equipment is? My entire knowledge of repelling is limited to tying a swiss seat and keeping my legs at a 90 degree angle to the climbing surface...

It's not for rappelling, it's a safety retention cord/lanyard for airborne operations. You attach one end to your belt and the other end to the inside of the aircraft. If you're sitting legs out over the side and you fall out, this lanyard will keep you from falling to your death.

In THEORY

I have decided after a lot of thinking to spend a lot of money that I dont really have but since I dont have anything else to spend this money on, why not a brand new loadout?

I have decided to do a modern Ranger loadout/impression without the ACU's or the MC that is rumoured to become issue for the next deployment to Afghanistan mainly as I dont like either pattern. So I think PCU is the way for me I am toying with the idea of ACU trousers and a PCU top combo however.

Suggestions would be greatly recieved.

Here is a list of gear I have selected:

EI RG RRV

EI RG RRV back panel

EI RG MBITR pouch

EI RG ADMIN pouch w/o torch pouch

EI RG Triple 5.56 mag pouch

EI RG 5.56 3 mag pouch

EI RG IFAK pouch

EI RG MAP

I have a MICH 2000 that needs another paintjob to fit the look so I would like suggestions on that.

I understand some sort of soft armour would be required for underneath the RRV, I am thinking a PACA replica in OD would this be acceptable?

I have Blackhawk Warrior wear boots as I dont wish to purchase more footwear & I have either Mechanix or Oakley gloves.

Is there anything I have missed or could improve on?

I was origionally going to base my M4 off FR M4's, but down the line I want to base a loadout around the gun and I think Ranger Green will work better where I play than Coyote Brown. Anyway I am looking for a 'parts list' for a Ranger M4. I will start with a bone standard M4A1 abd RAS.

Things I am looking to find out:

-Stock

-Rear Sling Mount

-BUIS

-Optics

-PEQ's

-Torches

-Other good facts like Rail COvers, VFG's, etc.

Pics would be great, Thanks

-Stock- LMT sopmod or the standard 4 pos

-BUIS- KAC or Matech

-Optics- TA01 nsn, Aimpoint

-PEQ's- PEQ-2 or 15 depending on the time period

-Torches- Surefire 6p, or a super rare type of M961

-Other good facts like Rail COvers, VFG's, etc. - KAC stuffs.

Just listen to titleist.. :P

Sweet, so relitivley speaking I could do a Ranger gun on the cheap (not like thats gonna happen since the base is this guy :P )

What kind of mounts for the AP?

EDIT; Also, who makes a good KAC 300m replica? I am looking for one that has the same type of purple-ly tone in the finish (mostly visible in pics with to much saturation.) I may just buy the real one but I could use the caseh for some better stuff.

Archived