Modern Ranger Loadout

Fatal

While I was in the Marine Corps, I was issued the SI M Frame Strike, but I have also seen the SI Ballistic M Frame 2.0 Strike Array. My roommate also wore the SI Gascan.

The Oakley rep came to our unit and offered us deals on Oakley products for very cheap, I would assume Rangers had the same opportunity.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like they have the Strike 2.0's, see the little ribs on the frame, and the lens lock in the middle of the frame.

Duncan.jpg

2emj409.jpg

Here I cannot be for sure if they are the strike 2.0's because I cannot see the ribs, mine don't have ribs but do have the lens lock in the middle of the frame though.

531gd1.jpg

Looks like they have the Strike 2.0's, see the little ribs on the frame, and the lens lock in the middle of the frame.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2emj409.jpg

Here I cannot be for sure if they are the strike 2.0's because I cannot see the ribs, mine don't have ribs but do have the lens lock in the middle of the frame though.

http://i41.tinypic.com/531gd1.jpg

whats he wearing on his right wrist??

@ Oggy: check out the replica Surefire Scout light on EBB if you want something lighter than the SF M952 and the Insight M3X military model (rear push-button) if you want a newer set-up. The Insight M3 should be ok for you if the M3X is out of you budget.

Furniture: FDE Tangodown rail covers and forehand grip (I like the newer QD version of the grip, its very easy to take on and off-the regular version can be a pain to take on and off)

Optics: EOTech 553/replica-you can see that Ranger M4 set-up in the pic above with a 553, Insight M3X and Insight PEQ-15 for a modern set-up.

Kitlist arrived or awaiting delivery or reserved when in stock

ACU trousers (arrived)

Eagle Industries RLCS RRV Rear Plate Carrier Kit Ranger (awaiting delivery)

Eagle Industries 5.56mm DOUBLE Mag Pouch MOLLE Ranger (awaiting delivery)

Eagle Industries RLCS 5.56mm Mag Pouch MOLLE Ranger (awaiting delivery)

Eagle Allied Industries RLCS Admin Pouch w/Light Ranger (awaiting delivery)

Eagle Industries Modular Assault Pack MAP MOLLE Ranger (awaiting delivery)

Eagle Industries SOF RLCS Medic Pouch MOLLE Ranger SWCC (awaiting delivery)

Eagle Industries RRV REAR Plate Carrier MOLLE Ranger PC (awaiting delivery)

MBITR Radio Pouch w/Flap MOLLE Ranger (awaiting delivery)

Eagle Industries 1 Qt Canteen Pouch MOLLE Ranger RLCS (awaiting delivery)

Eagle Industries Low Vis Armor Carrier Ranger PACA L (awaiting delivery)

Eagle Industries RRV Ranger RLCS (reserved)

Replica PCU level 5 set (awaiting delivery)

Petzl TacTikka plus (awaiting delivery)

Is there anything missing off the above list you could recommend I purchase?

My MICH 2000 has had another paint job, its now krylon'd Tan, has a replica Norotos mount with Foliage Green bunny ears and harness (chinstrap), awaiting delivery of black vecro.

Pics will be posted as soon as this gear arrives.

Kitlist arrived or awaiting delivery or reserved when in stock

Is there anything missing off the above list you could recommend I purchase?

Wow! All we have to do is ship you out to the sandbox to link up with the 75th and you'll be GTG. lol-please post pics when you get everything.

@ BP: the Insight M3X is lighter than the Surefire M952-that's what I meant in that post to Oggy. And the M3X may be a little lighter than a standard SF Scout light-they're both pretty lightweight.

Is this: http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=71&parents=153,174 the one? Are there any other options other than that mount or is it always GG&G? I've decided I want to do a Block 1 gun, but with a PEQ-15 since I can't stand the PEQ-4

Anyway here is what I have planned, please suggest any better options you can think of:

Stock: LMT SOPMOD or Colt CAR stock (the regular one before the LE)

Sling Mount: -

BUIS: KAC 300m

Optic: Trijicon TA01 (anyone know of a good fully trademarked replica? Also could a LaRue mount work?) or Aimpoint Comp M4 (if I can't find a nice TA01 replica)

Rail: KAC RAS

Rail Furniture: KAC

Light: -

Laser: PEQ-15 (or PEQ-4 if I want to be 100% accurate)

I realize the PEQ-15 would throw off the rest of the stuff, but this is airsoft, and I don't paticularlly like the PEQ-2 (Thank you Titleist, that is what I ment). I would, however, like to make as realistic a Ranger rifle as possible, with a little 'artistic license' in reguard to the PEQ.

EDIT: If someone knows of a sweet PEQ-2 replica that isn't huge and doesn't look awful (and has some functionality, I would be much more interested.) It DOES NOT need to hold a battery.

Archived