Modern Ranger Loadout

Fatal

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sgt Kap was my first impression of a ranger. When he came to airborne to pick us up for the rip class He took us on a long run up to battalion. On this run this guy was blazing fast and I was like wtf the whole time. We got to battalion and he continued to make us do flutter kicks endlessly. So the next morning for PT he showed up with his "cheetah" leg. Everyone's face was the same and at that moment I said I will never quit because this guy can do it and it makes him F*in bad *albatross*.

What happen to his leg is, on exfil from and objective in a "location" they came under fire. The striker was moving under an over pass when a grenade came in through the hatch. In order to save a few lives he decided to try and kick the grenade to a far end of the stryker. It detonated and he was severly injured. They tried to save his leg but in the end it had to be removed.

He begin training up and became a Cadre in the RIP program during his time recovering. And on my 3rd jump in battalion he was trying to jump again to show that he could become a team leader again. After a few months passed and it showed consistant performance they let him go back to 3/75 to be a team leader. That was a few months ago.

SSGT KAP IS THE DEFINITION OF A BADASS RANGER SSGT.

Multicam has been issued for a while all in crye. It was issued the same time that the rbav came into play and the scar's. Why havent I said anything? because what they wear in AO and theater isnt somthign that really needs to be discussed on a public forum. Further more they wear no Identifiers for a reason your not suppose to know who you are working with and its a force protection issue.

Multicam is legit with the crye knee pads, Guys are modd'ing them to make "better"knee pads work because the crye pads are inadequate.

Multicam

scar(somewhat)

m4's

sigs

m9's

glocks

rbav

rlcs

ciras

rbss

epc/wc

rrv

tt mav

Dont even ask about boots thats about a page worth in itself of whats allowed.

If you didnt know we got a new rsgm a few months ago and with a new nco at the top you get new rules and new sop's.

This is just a few of the thigns we have avalible to use and use.

Also to add we are not "testing" multicam it was "tested" a while ago and is not the only pat that was picked up.

Yeah its all Flyye gear, and thanks for the compliments! Yes its too clean, but that's because almost all the pouches are brand new. ;) Give me a month and I'll post again. :P

Its a Trigger Happy M240. I wish I had gone with an Inokatsu. :( It shoots great now that its all upgraded but I'm worried about durability since its all aluminum.

I love the picture of the M24A3! First time I have seen an actual M24A3 except for the Remington promo shots. I'm hoping to check one out up close at Shot Show this year since I missed 2009. :(

That is a pretty awesome story D0LCE, I wish my wife would reconsider and let me finally go in to sign my contract (being in the 75th has been a dream of mine since early high school).

KT: That's really all Flyye, I thought it was mostly real at first glance, looks like I need to pick up some of that gear now!

Multicam has been issued for a while all in crye. It was issued the same time that the rbav came into play and the scar's. Why havent I said anything? because what they wear in AO and theater isnt somthign that really needs to be discussed on a public forum. Further more they wear no Identifiers for a reason your not suppose to know who you are working with and its a force protection issue.

Forgive me if I'm stepping outside of your bounds now D0LCE, but a while back you mentioned seeing MICH 2001s in use?

Could you confirm or deny wether or not this would be a suitable lid for a Ranger impression?

Thank you.

DSC02626.jpgDSC02627.jpg

Finally got a chance to put it all on! Excuse the fact I have no blaster in my hands. I have already provided a kitlist but if anyone has any questions or suggestions please say. I have also posted before what I am missing (1 hole norotos, IR cyalumes, Zip cuffs & my green knee pads vice black ones).

Thanks for the tips but like I said on another forum I'm going for functionality as well as decent but not perfect impression.

Only one knee pad because I never get down on both ;) I have a set of Arcteryx knee caps but I'll still only wear one at a time. I don't do much crawling with a M240B...

I picked up the Gloves in the in at JBB around OCT08 so they are in use in theater. Plus they are the best shooting gloves I have ever used, when it gets colder I'll switch back to some heavier nomex/kevlar gloves.

The eye wear was issued to me on my last tour so there's no way you can say for sure Rangers never use it. Also local rules require full goggles so I cannot wear my fancy issue Oakleys.

The admin patches are staying just because. :P I need the name tape because I ref at 2 of the local sites so people need to know who I am in case they have a problem. It looks too naked if its the only one on there.

You're right about the arm but unfortunately My PVS14 won't fit in its pouch with the arm attached, so on the helmet it sits...

Well I can reach my hand mic, PTT and camelbak hose, so yes I can reach the CAT.

The heat shield stays on the M240 because I burned the bejesus out of myself the last time I used a 240 dismounted. Ever since then I left it on, heck I even 550 corded it on once because it kept falling off. I know its just airsoft but with the RAS on it looks weird when I take the shield off.

Its not perfect but neither am I. It works, its comfortable and I'm not a wannabe so I'm pretty happy with how it stands now. If I really wanted to I could choose a picture of a ranger and replicate his gear down to a T, but that would make me feel like a complete loser.

You are a loser, you posted twice.

Anyways cool looking kit, nice to see the 240 out there. I've seen a picture of a Ranger wearing those goggles.

Thats fine and dandy, ive been scuffed up for having those goggles. Its no hard feelings, you posted in a Ranger thread so i told you what was not Ranger about your loadout.

Thanks for the tips but like I said on another forum I'm going for functionality as well as decent but not perfect impression.

Only one knee pad because I never get down on both ;) I have a set of Arcteryx knee caps but I'll still only wear one at a time. I don't do much crawling with a M240B...

I picked up the Gloves in the in at JBB around OCT08 so they are in use in theater. Plus they are the best shooting gloves I have ever used, when it gets colder I'll switch back to some heavier nomex/kevlar gloves.

The eye wear was issued to me on my last tour so there's no way you can say for sure Rangers never use it. Also local rules require full goggles so I cannot wear my fancy issue Oakleys.

The admin patches are staying just because. :P I need the name tape because I ref at 2 of the local sites so people need to know who I am in case they have a problem. It looks too naked if its the only one on there.

You're right about the arm but unfortunately My PVS14 won't fit in its pouch with the arm attached, so on the helmet it sits...

Well I can reach my hand mic, PTT and camelbak hose, so yes I can reach the CAT.

The heat shield stays on the M240 because I burned the bejesus out of myself the last time I used a 240 dismounted. Ever since then I left it on, heck I even 550 corded it on once because it kept falling off. I know its just airsoft but with the RAS on it looks weird when I take the shield off.

Its not perfect but neither am I. It works, its comfortable and I'm not a wannabe so I'm pretty happy with how it stands now. If I really wanted to I could choose a picture of a ranger and replicate his gear down to a T, but that would make me feel like a complete loser.

i think its a freaking phenomenal kit. awesome job!

ive got to get an M240G...

-Joe

Thats fine and dandy, ive been scuffed up for having those goggles. Its no hard feelings, you posted in a Ranger thread so i told you what was not Ranger about your loadout.

It isn't my loadout, I was simply saying I've seen a picture of Rangers with those goggles. If it's allowed or not is another thing which I know nothing about. I'm not claiming you are wrong or right, I'm simply stating that I have seen a, meaning a single picture with those goggles. Here is the picture, take from it whatever you like.

20923ac.jpg

Archived