Modern Ranger Loadout

Fatal

Yarly

Rubber and plastic training knives have plenty of use in airsoft. As do multi-tools and folding knives presuming the site in question allows them- as exactly that, a tool for the latter and another method of taking an enemy out if play for the former. Anyhow...

I'm far from an expert on US Rangers. The suggestion to add some form of blade to the load out was mearly made as we are all used to SF types being shown with knives on their kit. (Although I get Rangers aren't Special Forces).

Now, here's my question, since your clearly in the know, What knives if any DO they actually carry? Since most of us presume a blade of some kind is a standard puece of kit/weapon to carry on oneself on OP. I know British troops do is a

Tomahawk. 

Some things to add if your struggling to figure out what to add to "gucci " your kit. 

-survival kit,

-compass

-engineer tape

-Loops of half chem lights

-shooter gloves

-lanyard

-water proof match

-fast rope gloves

-map markers

-protractor

-Batteries

-job related items

-leader boards

long whip antenna 

Mbitr pouch 

water source pouch with insert for NVG

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A sharpie to give it a more realistic look? Really? Random ubiquitous sharpies only work to make someone's kit even MORE easily identifiable as an airsofter's kit. I can see maybe for writing the time a CAT was applied on someone...but seriously, on a regular operation when is having a sharpie SOO critical, that it needs to be exposed in a MOLLE loop ready for quick extraction. IMO it's absolutely asinine and sharpies should either go in pockets or a pouch if you REALLY think you need it- or don't bring it at all. I can't think of a situation where I'd have to use it in BB wars or otherwise.

--Nick

There are plenty of pictures of troops of various units wearing Sharpies and/or other pens on their kit, ranging from grunts to units considered "top tier." I'm quite sure that you will be able to find a few pictures of Rangers having Sharpies visible. It is not exclusive to the airsoft community. 

Also, I do not know if it was intended, but a few of your posts in this thread have been somewhat condescending and elitist. That could simply be that I read it as such... 

Yarly

Rubber and plastic training knives have plenty of use in airsoft. As do multi-tools and folding knives presuming the site in question allows them- as exactly that, a tool for the latter and another method of taking an enemy out if play for the former. Anyhow...

I'm far from an expert on US Rangers. The suggestion to add some form of blade to the load out was mearly made as we are all used to SF types being shown with knives on their kit. (Although I get Rangers aren't Special Forces).

Now, here's my question, since your clearly in the know, What knives if any DO they actually carry? Since most of us presume a blade of some kind is a standard puece of kit/weapon to carry on oneself on OP. I know British troops do is all.

He, like me, probably thought by 'sharpie' you meant the marker pen brand, not a blade.

Some 3rd Bat Rangers are getting the CPC and AVS, as well as the Eagle SOFBAV, for testing. The Crye stuff is being received markedly better, so we might see Eagle carriers getting phased out in favor of Crye carriers pretty soon.

g

Crye is the Apple inc of the tactical world. I don't remember them getting cpc's before I left march ish

I don't hide the fact that I'm condescending and elitist. I'm an a-hole. Frankly, I try and work to make the best end product that I can, and any instance where dumb stuff is passed off as doctrine or an "easy fix," I cringe.

No duh sharpies are seen on kits...the point is that people shouldn't get so anal retentive about there being blank MOLLE space on their kits so much that they feel that adding a sharpie "makes their kit more interesting."
At the end of the day, nobody gives (...well *should* give) a second thought about your kit being interesting. I have kits that range from RBSS's with full armor packages and all the rare RLCS stuff on it, to standard EPC's with nothing really special added onto them and they're all the same to me. Nothing about them is "more flashy" or "interesting" about them.

My point was it's easy to pick out airsofter's kits most of the time, because most get sucked into the obsession with making them neat or interesting, rather than not giving an eff.

TL;DR: Make your kits functional, and not about making them interesting... the latter is dumb as it gets.

--Nick

Some 3rd Bat Rangers are getting the CPC and AVS, as well as the Eagle SOFBAV, for testing. The Crye stuff is being received markedly better, so we might see Eagle carriers getting phased out in favor of Crye carriers pretty soon.

would be interesting to see Rangers using the AVS. Any pic appear yet ?

What were they using before?
>See either of the two 100+ page threads here on Arnies.

They are not testing APC's. As Nasty said, they are testing CPC's, AVS's, and SOFBAV's as possible replacements to the current MBAV.

And look harder.

It's hard to get an RG EPC also.  Plus I wanted to do a current up to date kit since I already have the proper weapons and an Opscore lid.

They are extremly hard to find and people want them.

Sold mine one ebay recently, $280 sold for a S/M.

Someone else sold theres for $300 of ebay.

So they are getting rarer (?) and are gaining more value.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this is considered "Modern" anymore though, but here goes :P

IMG_07061_zpsdf762fcc.jpg

IMG_07081_zpscf3de636.jpg

PACA Body Armor, RG
RLCS RRS-V, 1st gen RG
EI Rear Plate Carrier, RG
RLCS RPC adapters, RG
RLCS MSAP Cummerbund, 1st gen RG
L -> R
RLCS Slung weapon catch, RG
EI Flashbang pouch, RG
2x RLCS Frag grenade pouch, RG
RLCS Triple shingle, RG
RLCS 9mm pouch, RG
2x RLCS M4 mag pouch, 1st gen RG
RLCS IFAK pouch, 1st gen RG
RLCS MAP, 1st gen RG
RLCS MBITR pouch, 1st gen RG
AI Admin pouch /w light, 1st gen RG

Peltor Comtac II
Replica U/94 Nexus PTT

• 1 month later...

Both.

Back in 2010, RIS IIs started to get issued, first to 11A/B's, but then to all guys. (there was a priority to get the 11A/B guys the new uppers first... with the 11C's, 13F's, etc getting their new uppers later on... which means the KAC RIS was still in service for a while. Hell, 13F guys were still seen using the KAC rail this year.)

The KAC rail is a pretty surefire way to go, unless you're going 2011-present. Just throw block II attachments on it and you really won't have an issue.

TL;DR: User preference, based on time period.

--Nick

• 2 months later...

Archived