Modern Ranger Loadout

Fatal

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Largely Rangers do not use side arms...so no secondary weapon mags to be had (yes there are exceptions like AR, SL's, or anyone else who wants to carry one...but mainly Rangers don't use them).
...And don't put snacks in a first aid kit..that's retarded. If you want to carry stuff like that, put it in a utility pouch.

By "and only what you need to carry," I'm speaking in terms of stuff Rangers would practically carry on a mission.

-6+1 mags.

-IFAK

-Sustainment gear (water, food, etc. METTTC and depending on what you want to carry. As he said, go light..)

-Coms (but not everyone gets coms, so it's not the biggest deal if you don't have it. Most guys DO have coms though, so it should be a thing you might consider looking into)

-Mission specific gear (breaching shotguns, Halligan tools, Roping gloves, PRL's, white lights for SSE, flashbangs/munitions)

For me, BB's in loose bags ruin the immersion factor for any airsoft game (apart from the fact that we're shooting at each other with quiet inaccurate pea shooters). If you're on some sort of a hike into your objective, and you glance over to get accountability of your guys and you just see/hear bags of BB's rattling...that's stupid.

Some of my kits I run a mk46/48...and to hide my BB's (because lets be honest, don't compromise your capabilities just to look cute) inside real M249/MK48 nutsacks...that way the bags are compressed (don't shake)... and when you look at a guy carrying more ammo, he's actually carrying "sacks of 5.56 or 7.62" rather than just loose bags.

Just some thoughts

--Nick

Largely Rangers do not use side arms...so no secondary weapon mags to be had (yes there are exceptions like AR, SL's, or anyone else who wants to carry one...but mainly Rangers don't use them).

Really now? From my understanding about half of them do in Afghanistan at least. (From what I had heard from my buddy in 3rd/75th.)

• 1 month later...

Can anyone give me a rough time-table for when certain gear was being used.

For example, I understand that

Khaki MBAVs and multicam uniforms are standard for 2011(?)-2014

RG MBAVs and multicam uniforms were standard 2009(?)-2011(?)

RG MBAVs, RG RRVs and ACU prior to this?

No idea where the RBAV, CIRAS type stuff falls other than neither are currently used and don't seem to have been used for quite some time.

I've been browsing through this thread as well as some similar threads on DevtSix and GearWhore, but since photographs are rarely annotated and tend to crop up time and time again it's difficult to get a grasp on what equipment was being used in what time periods.

...And don't put snacks in a first aid kit..that's retarded. If you want to carry stuff like that, put it in a utility pouch.

By "and only what you need to carry," I'm speaking in terms of stuff Rangers would practically carry on a mission.

-6+1 mags.

-IFAK

-Sustainment gear (water, food, etc. METTTC and depending on what you want to carry. As he said, go light..)

-Coms (but not everyone gets coms, so it's not the biggest deal if you don't have it. Most guys DO have coms though, so it should be a thing you might consider looking into)

-Mission specific gear (breaching shotguns, Halligan tools, Roping gloves, PRL's, white lights for SSE, flashbangs/munitions)

For me, BB's in loose bags ruin the immersion factor for any airsoft game (apart from the fact that we're shooting at each other with quiet inaccurate pea shooters). If you're on some sort of a hike into your objective, and you glance over to get accountability of your guys and you just see/hear bags of BB's rattling...that's stupid.

Some of my kits I run a mk46/48...and to hide my BB's (because lets be honest, don't compromise your capabilities just to look cute) inside real M249/MK48 nutsacks...that way the bags are compressed (don't shake)... and when you look at a guy carrying more ammo, he's actually carrying "sacks of 5.56 or 7.62" rather than just loose bags.

Just some thoughts

--Nick

lmfao I hope tha *fruitcage* your not serious dude.

If you have an IFAK pouch you should definitely keep some form of First Aid kit in there, because even while airsofting, serious injuries could occur and in that case it is a good idea to keep your medical gear free from other items that are not that essential. I would recommend every airsofter to keep a First Aid kit with them just in case someone were to be injured, and I hope that does not happen.

If you are in need of getting into your medical kit, you do not want to take the time to seperate the other clutter you have in the pouch. That alone is a good enough reason to keep a pouch specifically for medical gear. Any other kit can easily be placed in another general purpose pouch.

However, it would be good of some members to explain their position on what such a topic rather than just saying that it's retarded, even if they think that it's common sense. I'm not trying to moderate this thread, as it is not my place to do so, but there should be more constructive comments and criticism here. After all, I do not think that anyone wants this forum to turn into MP.net or Lightfighter. Apologies to any Mods/Admins that may read this message and feel like it was inappropriate of me to post this.

• 1 month later...

Depending on where you are airsoting, carrying a first-aid kit is pointless. I know in Ireland most sites won't be too far away from a hospital, so you're better off not touching the person until help arrives. If you are remote, I hope to god you have some sort of first aid certification (remote emergency care here), otherwise you might just make things worse. So what's more retarded than having snacks in a first aid kit? Having a first-aid kit and attempting to use it when help is nearby and on the way and when you have no clue what you are at. The staff on site should have a first aid kit anyway, and should have some sort of training.

/rant.

Archived