Modern Ranger Loadout

Fatal

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welshy, with all due respect... I'm pretty sure that's the same as asking why he has his ANVIS mount mounted on his RRV.

It's just sitting there for the picture.

I could be wrong (but hopefully I am not)- because that'd be bat-shat-retarded if you actually mounted an MS2000 like that.

--Nick

For 09' you're mostly just looking at the KAC or the KAC with a YHM tri rail-up front (unless of course you're a grenadier, in which case you'd have a 203A1 instead of the YHM).

The RIS II technically existed and was available, but it wouldn't be something I'd recommend for anything before 09'.

--Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where I could find some MSAP shoulder pads in Ranger Green for my kit? I've been watching ebay for a while now and all I've seen so far is khaki sets. I also need to get the new radio pouch and some Multicam mag pouches, but so far this is my vest setup. Probably going to replace the PTT with the same style minus the coiled cable. Also interested in getting some 6x6 MSAP side plates down the line, as standard side SAPIs won't fit in my side pouches. TACOs and the BFG radio pouch are just place holders for now.

IMG_0141_zps5ffcdf4d.jpg

IMG_0142_zpsc2af55c1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Any reason?

-Khaki MAPs were never, and will never be used.

-Smoke Grenade pouches are not part of the RLCS kit... they're part of the SWCCLCS kit, and thus were not available to Rangers.

-Honestly, I'd be SHOCKED if you could even get at that CAT TQ quickly, considering you're mounting it with shock cord... idk if you're planning on sliding it out, or pulling it out, or just breaking it to get it out, but rubber bands would do you better IMO.

Comms + PTT. You just need a few more bits to give it that realistic feel.

How about a strobe and sharpie?

A sharpie to give it a more realistic look? Really? Random ubiquitous sharpies only work to make someone's kit even MORE easily identifiable as an airsofter's kit. I can see maybe for writing the time a CAT was applied on someone...but seriously, on a regular operation when is having a sharpie SOO critical, that it needs to be exposed in a MOLLE loop ready for quick extraction. IMO it's absolutely asinine and sharpies should either go in pockets or a pouch if you REALLY think you need it- or don't bring it at all. I can't think of a situation where I'd have to use it in BB wars or otherwise.

--Nick

Thanks for the feed back.  I figured that the map was out of place(wasn't completely sure) but it's what I got. Would a foliage green Camelbak HAWG work better?

-That is news to me about the smoke pouch, I'll remove that it's just just on there.

-The CAT is pretty easy to get off, but yes I know rubber bands would be better I know. I assume that you are referring to using parachute rubber bands?

IMG_0196_zps7cfc4781.jpg

IMG_0197_zps8aba4763.jpg

So I got my MSAP Pads and Yote in Last night. I moved the SAW and Flash Bang pouches to the sides. All I'm missing is mag pouches, a radio pouch, and an admin pouch. Once I get all of those, I should be done with the majority of the vest.

Sorry for the double post. Also, on a side note, does anyone know if Eagle Ind. will do special orders?

A sharpie to give it a more realistic look? Really? Random ubiquitous sharpies only work to make someone's kit even MORE easily identifiable as an airsofter's kit. I can see maybe for writing the time a CAT was applied on someone...but seriously, on a regular operation when is having a sharpie SOO critical, that it needs to be exposed in a MOLLE loop ready for quick extraction. IMO it's absolutely asinine and sharpies should either go in pockets or a pouch if you REALLY think you need it- or don't bring it at all. I can't think of a situation where I'd have to use it in BB wars or otherwise.

--Nick

Yarly

Rubber and plastic training knives have plenty of use in airsoft. As do multi-tools and folding knives presuming the site in question allows them- as exactly that, a tool for the latter and another method of taking an enemy out if play for the former. Anyhow...

I'm far from an expert on US Rangers. The suggestion to add some form of blade to the load out was mearly made as we are all used to SF types being shown with knives on their kit. (Although I get Rangers aren't Special Forces).

Now, here's my question, since your clearly in the know, What knives if any DO they actually carry? Since most of us presume a blade of some kind is a standard puece of kit/weapon to carry on oneself on OP. I know British troops do is all.

Archived