Latin translation.

scorch

OK so I'm on a local job agency's site and thier terms and conditions are ALL in latin, not just the occasional legal term that you'd expect. So being an internet type, I stuck it in a translator to see what it said. It appeared to be completely irrelevant to purpose.

Anyone speak latin and can have a look for me? Anyone know a reliable free translator?

Anyway, here it is.

Etiam volutpat. Nunc turpis enim, aliquam a; consectetur vitae, interdum ac, lacus. Donec tempus mauris a magna. Nulla facilisi. Pellentesque ornare sagittis mi. Maecenas ante. Aenean tortor? Phasellus nisi nunc, ultricies commodo, lacinia congue, ullamcorper eget, dui. Cras in sapien. Curabitur felis sapien, fermentum vel, consectetur eget, consequat vitae, felis? Vivamus id dolor. Cras erat nisi, elementum nec, fringilla nec, luctus nec, nisl! Donec dapibus justo ut ipsum! Nulla neque mi, auctor sed, rhoncus id, fringilla quis, ligula. In mauris velit, accumsan aliquet, euismod at, aliquet eu, velit. Pellentesque sed magna! In facilisis neque ac quam.Morbi consequat, metus sit amet condimentum egestas, lorem leo hendrerit purus, eleifend mattis tellus dui eu tortor? Ut tristique neque vitae elit. Suspendisse dapibus, nunc eget varius aliquet, libero eros sollicitudin ligula, id tristique odio ante et diam. Maecenas lobortis; urna sed luctus pellentesque, nisl ligula gravida nunc, et iaculis metus velit ut nibh. In fringilla porta augue. Maecenas aliquam luctus ligula. Etiam lacinia interdum justo! Praesent ut massa ut elit tristique fermentum. Nulla facilisi. Curabitur adipiscing metus a odio. Cras elementum nunc ut sapien vestibulum tempus. In ultricies ipsum eu lacus.

Cras bibendum. Praesent auctor. Mauris hendrerit fermentum augue. In non felis vitae enim fermentum dapibus. Vivamus rhoncus, eros non molestie pellentesque, nisl sapien dictum erat, vel tempus nibh turpis at eros. Nam vitae lorem. In ultricies commodo sem. Suspendisse porta. Etiam convallis. Cras ut diam elementum dolor volutpat feugiat. Mauris pellentesque, arcu ac fermentum consequat, felis turpis dictum arcu, id pulvinar diam ante in urna. Mauris feugiat mattis augue! Suspendisse ac sem. Proin quis diam. Quisque cursus tincidunt lorem. Donec nec nibh in ipsum condimentum ornare. Donec venenatis malesuada quam. Cras rhoncus leo vel purus.

That looks more like someone put a random text in to fill out the rough space that the actual T&Cs would take up but they've not uploaded them yet.

Might be worth contacting the Agency and letting them know, either way, it doesn't seem overly professional so you might be best off avoiding them.

You're thinking of lorem ipsum there.

This may be part of lorem ipsum (It's actualy quite big), but I doubt it. In any case, I'd ask the job site for a full T&C, in english, before doing anything with them.

A company, especially one like this, that obfuscates it's T&C's so much is NOT one I would want anything to do with. Thing is, it takes a whole five seconds to copy the T&C's in. Surely someone would have found the necessary time to do this?

Maybe they're trying to keep the riff-raff out and want all their employees to be fluent in Latin.

Anyway, I studied just a small portion of Latin (not much, barely passing as I did) and I can sort of understand parts of it.

:unsure:

But not enough to make heads or tails of it.

You're thinking of lorem ipsum there.

This may be part of lorem ipsum (It's actualy quite big), but I doubt it. In any case, I'd ask the job site for a full T&C, in english, before doing anything with them.

What he said.

Phone em up tomorrow and say "Hi, I was planning on signing up with your agency but the terms & conditions on your internet website are in Latin and make no sense to me. Please can you email me the T&C in english so I can had a read of them?".

TBH, I suspect that, as an agency employee, your specific T&C will depend on the T&C of any company who you end up working for and there'll be specific T&C for each contract you sign.

Archived