CYMA RPK, AGM Sten....

Col-Psycho

Spoke to a retailer from the UK who told me some interesting info on some chinese stuff coming through. They also had a chinese delegation come through over the last week to take photos of WW2 era weapons up in Manchester, so they can start producing some more WW2 AEGs.

I am still trying to obtain the larger images, but basically, here is the AGM Sten, which apparently uses a modified M14 gearbox:

agmsten.jpg

Here is a picture of the CYMA RPK, which comes with a drum mag apparently:

cymarpk.jpg

I will try and sort out some larger pictures ASAP, but for now, they are better than nothing. Apparently the RPK and Sten are practically finished and should be released within the next 1 - 2 months. As for the MG42: Apparently the company making them has had a problem with the moulds and the front end keeps cracking rather easily, so they are still sorting that out. From what I could gather, an MG42 will be coming out sometime soon.

The details are all a bit sketchy because the phone connection was bad, but I'll give the man a shout again and try clear up some of the finer details. Good news all around for the WW2 crowd. :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on the sten front could it be this one that was reported a while back on Airsoft-News.eu?

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/comment.php?comment.news.2952

since it has a lipo battery included according to the video

No it's not that one.That one has been released shortly followed by rumours of an AGM STEN & a GBB STEN to follow.

Well i would imagine anyone who bought an SA80 type gun;that will be me then! :D

RT B)

NOOOOOO, i didnt mean who is going to buy one (i might do).

The OP sounded like there was a RETAILER in the UK(he said manchester) that would be getting them in, i wanted confirmation.

According to what Steve? has been posting on the WW2 forum, it's Airsoft Scotland who are getting the first batch of AGM Stens. They've done some deal with AGM and the Sten is first, followed hopefully by the PPSH.

It seems that the Sten is an improvement on the Viva version: working hop, metal but not steel and an improved trigger but no one will know for definite until they arrive. They should also be cheaper than Viva but we've been warned to expect a 'cash in on WW2 / rare new gun' price around the £250 mark.

I'd be surprised if this used a modded M14 gearbox as the custom ones usually use the p90 internals, though and why lipo when it's easy to mod the T-stock to fit a stick inside?

The AGM guns are good IMHO - I've got an M14 of theirs that's very reliable and the MP44 is a superb piece of kit. Hopefully the sten will take real steel stocks etc. for that Arnhem look!

Here's waiting for the pre-order!

Well the VIVA has a slightly modded M14 gearbox; S&S sten MKVs use AK47 gearbox, S&S MkIIs use M14 and all other custom Stens I've seen either use one of these or one of the Micro AEG gearboxes, eg Mac10. I've never seen one use a P90 gearbox as it's usually thought to be too big.

Personally I'm not that excited about any of these releases as I've had a full-steel Viva Sten MkII (with working hop) for about 2 months now. ;)

It's nice for other people though! Heh... though note that in the British Army in WWII only one in ten men usually had a Sten MkII. The rest had Enfield rifles, which of course we don't have apart from in custom form yet...

Well the VIVA has a slightly modded M14 gearbox; S&S sten MKVs use AK47 gearbox, S&S MkIIs use M14 and all other custom Stens I've seen either use one of these or one of the Micro AEG gearboxes, eg Mac10. I've never seen one use a P90 gearbox as it's usually thought to be too big.

Personally I'm not that excited about any of these releases as I've had a full-steel Viva Sten MkII (with working hop) for about 2 months now. ;)

It's nice for other people though! Heh... though note that in the British Army in WWII only one in ten men usually had a Sten MkII. The rest had Enfield rifles, which of course we don't have apart from in custom form yet...

well that 250 pound price mark indicates its a viva, if it comes from AGM it cannot be so expensive, i try to find some info tomorrow about this and later let you know.

Archived