CYMA RPK, AGM Sten....

Col-Psycho

Sadly Frontiers, this is rip off Britain. I would not be at all surprised if some joker tries to charge £250 quid for an AGM Sten. After all, there is a UK retailer who charges £200 ($330) for the AGM M4 gas blowback that retails for $115 (£70) in Hong Kong!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well that 250 pound price mark indicates its a viva, if it comes from AGM it cannot be so expensive, i try to find some info tomorrow about this and later let you know.

I have been told that it should cost around a third of the price of a Viva Sten.

@Harborne Blue - I didnt get any of this info from airsoftscotland, and I am not sure if they have the exclusive or not for the UK. besides that, they have huge markup on their prices, so I dont have any intention of purchasing an AEG from them.

just watched the video, am i right in thinking that the magwell had to be twisted into position ?? If so could you possibly mod it to take mags from the right instead ? just being lazy and not wanting to shoot right handed ;p

Spoke to a retailer from the UK who told me some interesting info on some chinese stuff coming through. They also had a chinese delegation come through over the last week to take photos of WW2 era weapons up in Manchester, so they can start producing some more WW2 AEGs.
Are you saying they may chuck out a SMLE springer or a PPSh of some sort? If there is a Bren in the making, I hope they won't do such a screw-job on it as KTW did with their Type 99 LMG (which is pretty much a Japanese version of a German copy of a Czech predecessor of Bren, the ZB26).

China sent the prototype to us and airsoft world to decide on a few weeks ago but we had to keep it under wraps as there are still some issues to sort out with it.

I.e. they have not cured the cocking handle and it has no hop on it, the battery does however fit in the rear of the gun as it uses a small lipo.

If I can get chance tomorrow I will get some pics taken and post them up on here for you.

Looking at the costing of the gun and based on sea freight it should be about 1/3 of the viva, if we have to ship by air if customers want it quicker it may be a little more, for example the GBB M4 I shipped in, I had a few customers that wanted them urgent so I shipped them by express air (2 days) but the next batch due in 3 weeks will reduce the price on them.

Unfortunately shipping by air is not the cheapest and now customs are adding 5% duty on our imports on top of the vat and clearance charges.

It is a fine line between making a living, running a business that is also your sport; I hope this does go to explaining why some prices seem high in the UK some times, but as some of you are aware we do try and do deals and discount where we can.

Regards

Paul

Please if the people who make these guns, read this thread, please can you look into producing rifles for the infantry. There is a massive hole in the market that could be filled by a reliable spring rifle that was issued to the infantry. Whether it be K98 Enfield No4 Moisin Nagant or a Garand. Nobody is filling this gap that so many of us need filling!

Please if the people who make these guns, read this thread, please can you look into producing rifles for the infantry. There is a massive hole in the market that could be filled by a reliable spring rifle that was issued to the infantry. Whether it be K98 Enfield No4 Moisin Nagant or a Garand. Nobody is filling this gap that so many of us need filling!

A spring Garand would defeat the purpose of having a Garand, would it not? ;)

I still cant figure out why none of the companies that make M14s have gone a bit further and brought out a Garand. THAT is something even the chinese should look into. I bet any M14 AEG could be modified into a Garand in under 2 weeks of R&D.

Don’t hold your breath for a good one if they do seeing as they couldn’t get it right with even the MOST basic WWII Rifle the Kar98!

What an epic “fail” that was/is. Sure externally great but shell ejecting?!? WTF?

They might end up making a clone of the GBB (Mosin is it?) version with its overly complex clip ejection system…then we’ll all be upset. Lol

So, yeah, an AEG M1 based on the M14 (just a short internal mag, similar to a sniper rifle and a front end redesign, restrict to semi only) but if they can’t even get the idea to dump bolt action sniper rifle internals into a Kar98 shell, I don’t hold much hope.

Like both the idea of the Sten and the RPK but much more likely to get the RPK seeing as the misses wants one desperately and I’ve been putting her of with the cost thus far!

With a $70 conversion kit an M14 can morph into an M1 in five minutes, the internals from an MP7 will fit into an M1 carbine stock, VSR's can be modded to fit k98 and LE no. 4's so why oh why doesn't an ACM co. start making these guns?

It's a question all the WW2 airsofters have been asking for years. I guess it's just easier to clone an M4 / AK and churn out dozens of slightly different versions.

With a $70 conversion kit an M14 can morph into an M1 in five minutes, the internals from an MP7 will fit into an M1 carbine stock, VSR's can be modded to fit k98 and LE no. 4's so why oh why doesn't an ACM co. start making these guns?

It's a question all the WW2 airsofters have been asking for years. I guess it's just easier to clone an M4 / AK and churn out dozens of slightly different versions.

because of poor sales, some reasons are by bad clone they made or other reasons but generally the total overall sales for WWII item sales with few exceptions off course, they don't sell that much to justify to spend big bucks to make the moulds.

because of poor sales, some reasons are by bad clone they made or other reasons but generally the total overall sales for WWII item sales with few exceptions off course, they don't sell that much to justify to spend big bucks to make the moulds.

You're right. Although the chance of success is bigger if a) they copy something that is no longer made (JG SG550 or K-Square "old" USP), B) create something from scratch before others even think of it (F2000 - but I think K-Square, the P90 guys, would do it better using the P90 parts) or c) make something that is already made, but fix its most common problems in the process (Well MB01 - the "most common problem" was price and power, making upgrade over $400 cheaper).

Looking at those examples, a good example for the first category is the planned AGM MG42, PPSh and SMLE fill the second category and both AGM Sten and Boyi K98 (no matter how bad it is!) fall into the third one.

Ahh thanks. :)

I think it looks interesting, but rather fiddly. I wonder what kind of hop-up unit it uses?

The magazines are AGM MP40 compatible, right? They look identical.

Seems to me a lot like the AGM MP40 - strange, fiddly design, but with good potential for decent upgrades/improvements.

i talked with AGM sales rep and they denied everything about making a STEN, but i try to catch the Boss when he comes back from Hong Kong on monday to get ultimate confirm if possible.

Archived