CYMA RPK, AGM Sten....

Col-Psycho

Is no one else excited about the MG42? Good to hear that they're actually (supposedly) still working on it. Hopefully they can reinforce the front end well enough before it releases.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is no one else excited about the MG42? Good to hear that they're actually (supposedly) still working on it. Hopefully they can reinforce the front end well enough before it releases.

I am excited that we may finally have a reliable MG-42 to skirmish with. The bonus for me is that I can use my RS MG42 ground mounts with the airsoft version. The AA tripod will go in our fields tower, and the ground mount will be deployed in cover. There will be much celebrating.

I have seen only one AEG M1 Carbine, which was a highly custom build from Japan.

Now, that being said, if there was an AEG M1 Carbine produced, i'd buy several in a heartbeat

Warren at shootnscoot is making custom built M1 Carbine AEG's aswell, not sure how far along he is though they were a 'coming soon' last time I looked.

http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/vi...3e5bf19934f5bcb

http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/vi...f=13&t=7732

Well the VIVA has a slightly modded M14 gearbox; S&S sten MKVs use AK47 gearbox, S&S MkIIs use M14 and all other custom Stens I've seen either use one of these or one of the Micro AEG gearboxes, eg Mac10. I've never seen one use a P90 gearbox as it's usually thought to be too big.

Personally I'm not that excited about any of these releases as I've had a full-steel Viva Sten MkII (with working hop) for about 2 months now. ;)

It's nice for other people though! Heh... though note that in the British Army in WWII only one in ten men usually had a Sten MkII. The rest had Enfield rifles, which of course we don't have apart from in custom form yet...

erm, i thought the viva had an mp7 gearbox? Isnt the m14 a damn sight too big? i'm suprised actually!

The viva one my other half has uses a lipo, and if the agm is a copy, which is most likely, it will follow suit.

and yes they take amg mags... agm mp40 midcaps :D

If anybody can translate this page from Chinese to English I'll be very glad: http://kui.com.tw/D6337/

It looks a pre-order AGM MG42.

it dont have any dates when ready but according to them the pre-order price is $210 USD about if its in Taiwan dollars but if its in Yuan then its $1014 USD :P i pretty much think its in Taiwan dollars haha as nobody would not buy a china made gun for 1k :P

it dont have any dates when ready but according to them the pre-order price is $210 USD about if its in Taiwan dollars but if its in Yuan then its $1014 USD :P i pretty much think its in Taiwan dollars haha as nobody would not buy a china made gun for 1k :P

Thanks a lot. It's a pity there is no release date.

Anyway, it must be $210 USD, or maybe it's the most expensive airsoft shop because other items has similar prices.

The AGM Stens are in the UK. Airsoft Scotland are selling the first batch at the W&P show and there are now pics up at the CiA website (seems to be down at the moment).

Quick summary:

£200

Full metal (but pot or ally - not steel)

Uses MP40 mags

MOSFET

Lipo and charger - the charger is apparently 'dodgy' so nothing new there then

Good range and ROF

Question mark over the hop - there may not be one.

All in all, this looks like a much cheaper and slightly improved version of the Mk1 Viva model that came out earlier this year (also lacked a hop).

Should be a review up on CiA by the weekend it seems.

• 1 month later...

Archived