Elcan Specter DR

Well, after getting sick of waiting for a clone to come out(at a reasonable price). I got to thinking about how I should go about it.

DSC04134.jpg

So, the stuff I have on hand that I am going to build it out of... BSA red dot, PVC 1.5 inch, old G&P peq(using the mount), lots of bondo, epoxy and some wood. I think thats All i will need. Any suggestions are welcomed. Also, I am only doing a red dot would be way to complicated to do the cross hairs and magnification.

I have already started, so pictures in a few.

I'm no expert, but may I humbly suggest masking the lenses and zeroing dials before adding more putty? It would suck to go through so much effort only to have residue of Bondo on the lenses or dials :(

Other than that, looks good, looking forward to the finished project :)

Edit:

Since there looks like there is plenty of room in the back, how about trimming and fitting one of those ACM 3X scopes in the back? That way it will be a 1-4x scope, and you could add a 1x Doctor clone sight on top.

the scope is in the back(closest to your eye) so if I did put a Magnifier It would be in the front. The reason the scope is in the back is I needed the dial to be on the back left part of the scope. The dials are fine, they are still raised a bit from the bondo. I am gong to cover it with a fake red dot on top, aka build the mount around it then just put the cover over it and bam. Most all of this stuff is easily changeable so I can make improvements latter on down the road.

Working on the mount right now, I am not worrying about detail on it as I would rather have a optic thats solid than looks good. But I am going to put in a mock adjustment wheel. I think once I get the tube sanded down right I can start adding the details, then mount it to the base and do some other finishing touches to it...

DSCN0887.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ah! I forgot about this thread... I got the mount mounted and most of the major bondo work completed. I will get some pictures... (if I have any spare time).

School started so I really dont have the time to work on it. But the basic principle of it is there.

Ah! I forgot about this thread... I got the mount mounted and most of the major bondo work completed. I will get some pictures... (if I have any spare time).

School started so I really dont have the time to work on it. But the basic principle of it is there.

Yeah Ive been wondering about this cant wait to see it. Im making my own out of a Elcan site

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived