Lost/Stolen Classics

frogfish

Well needless to say I have recently lost possession of my favorite little bushmaster, and an Asahi FNC. They were both shipped via UPS from Greenville NC to Cali and were lost somewhere after an arrival scan in Greensboro NC. If you guys could keep a look out I would be greatly appreciative. I got them insured so I'm not out too much, but I'd rather have my rifles as they can never truly be replaced.

here are some pictures to help ID them.

The bushy is pretty unique, top rail runs from the front sight to the cheek rest, and the grip is a modified lower RIS, has a MIAD grip, SPR flash hider and LRB.

DSC_0276.jpg

DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

FNC is well not so unique, has a working 3-rd burst, but is missing the ratchet bar that goes from the barrel to the burst mech. Not so concerned with getting it back, as it can be replaced in my mind.

IMG_0016.jpg

If some of you can please take this to your local forums and keep an eye out, the person who would have these will probably not know what they have, and they won't have any mags for it either (they might). They were shipped in a black pelican 1700 case whose sole label was a white and blue UNSC logo. here's an image of that.

250px-Perfect_White_UNSC_logo.png

Again thank you in advance, I want nothing more than to have my rifle back.

• 2 months later...
In a pelican case, I think they were "lost" because someone took them from the sort facility.

That's most likely what happened. Someone got curious and was like "Ooo guns!" and took them. They don't just disappear right after an arrival scan. I'm pretty sure the case must've been huge too. No way in hell that got "misplaced." Glad to hear you got compensated though, was it enough to cover the cost of both?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well Ebay basically told me to screw off, they didn't pull the auctions. I contacted the police and they said in two weeks they'd get back to me...hrmmm well that's gone by... Anyhow, two of my friends ended up getting the rifles for me and they are going to hang onto them until the police contact me back.

So in the end Ebay sucks, the police are slow, and nothing has really changed, but at least I know where the rifles are.

Just my imagination but apart from standard law procedures, can you not claim insurance and use those bucks to pay back your friends? I suppose insurance won´t be enough, but it would lessen the cost for you. And you´ve got the guns back...

I always thought better from ebay, they usually pull off dodgy items, check throughly and if everything is alright, they just put the auction back for free. I´ve seen that a couple of times.

Acting as a knowing vehicle to sell stolen items is a criminal offence. If you told them "those are mine, here´s the police report with photos and detailed descriptions", someone at ebay risked its *albatross* by telling you to screw without proper checks...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just to let everyone know, the police never got back with me. Seems like they dropped the case. Insurance I have doesn't cover the items, the money I got back from UPS wasn't enough to buy the rifles back, but I managed to get another bushmaster. Thanks for all the help.

Archived