Army Armament Detonics (R45)

I'll keep this as simple as possible...

Ordered it from RSOV, with sub-1kg shipping it cost £34 and arrived exactly 7 days after I paid.

I'll just do a list of pros and cons, I'll chuck in some pictures at the end:

Good

Heavy, especially for its size.

Great kick, cycles fast with good action.

Power appears very good, although I have no way of measuring it, at roughly 20°C with green gas. I'll get it chronoed when I can.

Grips don't look like plastic.

Gas efficiency is good, off one fill I fired about 30rds before the power noticeably dropped, then 32rds and it ran out completely.

Magazine is great (compared with my terrible AA Glock 17 mags, which were awful). Fills silently in a couple of seconds.

Finish of slide and frame is fairly good.

The rounds go where the gun points (unlike R17).

Range is probably a touch further than my awful AA Glock 17. Also much more accurate than R17.

The slide locks back...

Bad

...after the penultimate round, rather than the last round. Irritating, but at least it locks back (unlike R17).

Magazine is a little tight in the magwell.

Grips feel like plastic.

The hammer and trigger have a horrible bumpy finish to them.

Poor finish on safety.

Safety is VERY stiff.

Accuracy is...poor 5" groupings at 5m. Not great; although better than R17.

Personal annoyances:

Hard to reach slide release with thumb, have to change grip/use alternate hand (didn't have that problem with R17, but then it didn't lock back hardly ever either).

Whilst the irons aren't terribly, no dots or anything on them so hard to pick up (again, not a problem on R17), although I can always put them on myself...

I'll add more info after I have skirmished/chronoed it, feel free to ask any questions.

DSCN5182.JPG

DSCN5186.JPG

DSCN5188.JPG

DSCN5192.JPG

Edited by kruck
Clean the inner barrel and hop-up rubber, they sometimes come with a nice dollop of silicone grease to mess with your accuracy.

First thing I did :)

I have noticed that the rubber part on top of the magazine, where the gas is released, is chewed up a bit at the front, I'm thinking that perhaps this is letting a little gas escape. More worrying is how it is getting chewed up - it was fine when I got it. I'll look into that, and I'll see how the power is when the additional magazines arrive, see if that is the cause.

Picture of the damage to the mag I am talking about.

I have no idea what has caused this, there are no rough edges/burrs/seam lines anywhere that could have ripped it up, I can only thing it is some kind of defect (although it was absolutely fine when I got it..strangely enough).

Is this tear likely to cause any significant (or insignificant) power loss? Either way, I'll get it chronoed again on sunday with this damaged mags and (hopefully) with the 3x spare mags I ordered see if it has made any difference.

IMG_1576.JPG

wonder if anyone will do a detonics scoremaster then my john rourke loadout will be complete

damn now everyone knows im old :(

Funnily you're not alone in that, there are many closet Survivalist fans out there - it's why I already have 2 Combat Masters :D

Funnily you're not alone in that, there are many closet Survivalist fans out there - it's why I already have 2 Combat Masters :D

hehe awesome! have you been able to source a double Alessi shoulder rig? thinking off getting a mate of mine to do one in nylon if i cant get one soon

hehe awesome! have you been able to source a double Alessi shoulder rig? thinking off getting a mate of mine to do one in nylon if i cant get one soon

I looked, couldn't find any until this evening no doubles mind you - but now I've siad this I bet someone posts a link to them :)

I've been looking and maybe the Bianchi agent x16 might work with a rhs and lhs 1911/detonics holsters :)

Edited by DarkMM
I looked, couldn't find any until this evening no doubles mind you - but now I've siad this I bet someone posts a link to them :)

I've been looking and maybe the Bianchi agent x16 might work with a rhs and lhs 1911/detonics holsters :)

hmmm thats not a bad option there. dont think alessi makes em any more and hes been ill for awhile. might go the nylon. im more stunned at how hard it is to find old school jungle boots in a size 8 1/2 uk.