AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just posted this in the Magpul thread ... but they're AR's too. :P

Got a second hood for my LaRue Tactical Low Profile Pride Fowler IronDot and painted it FDE (Alumahyde II Coyote) to match the rest of the furniture:

magpulfdesmall.jpg

Finally got a UBR for my new Magpul AR build:

magpulblack01small.jpg

magpulblack02small.jpg

I won't go into the parts list of the FDE build, 'cause you've seen it before (if not, here's the details), but here's the details of the new black Magpul build:

• Magpul PTS Receiver + G&P VLTOR MUR

• Magpul PTS UBR

• Magpul PTS MIAD

• Magpul PTS PMAG

• King Arms 11.5" Barrel

• Madbull FSC556 flash suppressor

• DYTac PWS Piston System

• RS Magpul PMAG Ranger Plate

• RS Rainier Arms EMG

• RS Daniel Defense 9.5" FSP Lite Rail

• RS Magpul Rail Ladders

• RS Magpul Rear MBUS

• RS EOTech 552

• RS Badger Ordnance Gen 1 Tactical Latch

I have a front RS Magpul MBUS for it ... but you're not supposed to put the MBUS on the gas block as it isn't supposed to take the heat ... and I'm not crazy about the look of it with the MBUS either on the gas block or sitting behind it. I may just put my RS KAC RAS Front Folding Low Profile Sight on the Gas Block instead ... or leave it as is and say f*ck it, I don't care! :D

I've actually changed my mind about the UBR. All the UBR's I've handled so far were RS, and my initial impression of them were that they were huge and chunky. But I've now gotten pretty used to them and actually quite like them. Plus AEX had a killer deal for them over the weekend so I figured why the heck not. I do find getting the stock off to access the lipo is a bit of a pain, and I do have a touch of wobble between the stock and buffer tube. Otherwise, I quite like it.

B8tchin! So is the black rifle supposed to be a replica of a PWS Piston conversion kit on a rifle?

Also: KAC Front sight FTW! Would look perfect to complete the blocky but low profile look of th egun.

Edited by Whan
deja vu anyone?

Not everyone checks out the Magpul thread. Thought it'd be worth sharing.

So is the black rifle supposed to be a replica of a PWS Piston conversion kit on a rifle?

Yup!

Here's the pics of the LMT MRP with the FDE Magpul PTS UBR:

lmtmrpubr01small.jpg

There's a few more pics in the Magpul thread ... don't wanna OD you on MRP goodness. ;)

Corps: Looking good man, very nice magpul build you got going there. I should keep my eye open to that thread now as well. Also loving the LMT MRP. Always wanted one for a specific build, but hoping they'll come out with one for the WA soon.

Also loving the LMT MRP. Always wanted one for a specific build, but hoping they'll come out with one for the WA soon.

That'd be very interesting. I don't know if it'll happen though. There's a reason why other than BestGun, no one else has bothered to make them even for AEGs. Unlike the VLTOR VIS which is two parts (rail and upper receiver) welded together, the MRP is supposed to be one continuous piece of cast metal = one big mold.

USCM:

Whats the balance like, the UBR looks pretty beefy, but does it negate the weight of the RIS and gasblock?

You know ... it's surprisingly well balanced. I wasn't sure what to expect at first. I just liked the look of it. But it turned out very solid and thanks to the UBR, well balanced.

The black Magpul all started several months back when I first saw a picture PWS posted on AR15.com of a specific upper assembly configuration with their Piston System:

http://primaryweapons.com/ar15/piston/DD_9.5FSP_11.5.jpg

Seen half way down this page:

http://www.ar15.com/lite/topic.html?b=3&am...787&page=10

After that, it just kind of evolved from there.

One thing that does bum me out about the UBR was that it won't accept a Magpul ASAP ... I've really gotten to love those things.

DSC02468.jpg

DSC02469.jpg

DSC02471.jpg

Consisting of :

AGM M4

RAtech Vltor BCG with NPAS

RAtech Metal Bolt Catch

RAtech Hop & Barrel Assembly

G&P Aluminium Recoil Buffer

Magpul CTR Stock

CASV-M Handguard

Dytac 10.5" Barrel Assemvbly with Vltor Gas Block

Dytac Surefire 556 Flashhider

Troy Industries Rear Battle Site

ACM FDE Acog with Bomber Larue Rail Mount

Vanaras PEQ-15

ACM Larue FUG in FDE

DD offset ligth mount with a Surefire M4.

Currently awaiting :

KA Vltor Metal Body ( Still awaiting for proper reveiews )

G&P Anti-rotation links

RAtech Magic Front Pin

Magpul ASAP Sling Plate

Magpul MIAD in FDE

Edited by Pedlar

My KWA I got in a trade about 2 weeks ago, I got in the parts I ordered for it so I snapped some photos.

Add-on's: Magpul MOE handguards, replica 552 eotech, 417 style stock, G16 pistol grip.

003-7.jpg

004-6.jpg*

*the spray paint came on the gun when I got it in the trade.