AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corps- Where's the gas block for the MRP?

Its under the rail. I remember corps talking about how he had UNcompany customize that particular barrel for him. At least i think it was corps.

@ USCM: great AR's as usual. Must've cost a fortune!

Hah ... yeah ... I try not to think about it.

Corps- Where's the gas block for the MRP?

Pretty much what Magsz said. It's a 16" barrel that came with the MRP kit. I asked UNCompany to alter it to a 14" barrel and have the gas block inside the rail. They did move the gas block into the rail, but they failed to shorten the barrel. That was years ago, and was probably the last purchase that I ever placed with UNCompany. I have since sworn them off for repeatedly screwing me over.

I'm still tempted to cut the barrel down to 14.5" length. I have a CCW die to do the job.

Picked a bag of broken TM M16a2 as a swap for my old Ak spares box (gearbox snapped and previous owner got screwdriver happy!). Couldn't have come at a better time as I'm Nam softing in october and need a rifle. One Dboys V2 shell and some 7mm bearings later I had a working rifle.

Now just to let you know I'm cheap. Really cheap! So far this rifle had cost me some spares and £15 and by god it wasn't gonna cost much more :D Problem was that I wanted an A1 or as close as poss.

Now for more scrounging, my 2IC had picked up some spare TM a1 grips with a front G+P set a few months ago along with a VN stock. Now I do a lot of work for him for free so he swapped both of them for my A2 stock as a token of good will. (thanks Rob)

So far it looked good, but not great. The body and grip were wrong. Part of me thought leave it but the other bit that was holding the dremmel said otherwise!

An hour or 3 of grindig and filling produced this...

13072009243.jpg

Now for a whole week this kept me happy, It was just that bloody dial on the side that bugged me!

45 mins later using a drill clamed in a vice as a lathe (don't ask lol) and a file

13072009244.jpg

Now before anyone says, I KNOW that the holes are wrong 4 instead of 5 and the little holes should be numbers. BUT this is a look a like on a budget and I did do it from memory.

It looked good on the rifle but again the dremmel tempted from it's drawer. This is the result

14072009245.jpg

(black paint is only to pick out the flaws)

And up against robs A1/A2 hybrid just to show whats missing

14072009246.jpg

Next is a putter style FA

Needs some more filling and sanding then it's off to the spraying bench.

Sorry for the epic post but this didnt need a new topic.

What do you thnk of it then?

K_K

Edited by Kalashnikov_kid
First time I've seen them...where can they be bought? Source please! :)

I must also know this! I haven't seen these yet at the shops here, just the KAC PDW double mags and the regular STANAG ones.

Staying on-topic, a couple of M4s, one a SBR inspired by the FERFRANS SOAR, the other a plain old CQBR:

3723325580_d642eaec95.jpg3722513533_38da6c711b.jpg

Edited by gerrysnaps
I must also know this! I haven't seen these yet at the shops here, just the KAC PDW double mags and the regular STANAG ones.

dont really wanna go off topic but try to ask Pradal-Serey.

or for Philippines try to contact LowDog Hobby Shop and nkdhobby.

good luck finding it elsewhere...

Thanks Whan. Kinda looking for a 9inch particularly for a John Laplume build that I wanna work on (if no one knows who this is check out my posts from the previous AR thread, I posted a pic). The gun consists of a Larue 9.0 rail, Noveske 10.5 inch barrel, but I was going to use a Dytac barrel, regular Colt body I assume, LMT sopmod stock, aimpoint in larue mount, unsure which one, Surefire M900, peq-2 in Larue mount, and a few other trinkets. He eventually paints it so I just might do that, get the 12inch and cut it down.

nice case, did it come with it?

Sorry to answer-no it don't come with the case. That's either a Pelican or Hardigg Storm case, could even be the copy from STAR. The foam was cutout also by the op. Nice. I need to get a tan case for my stuff.

Edited by Hispeed1
It looks like a Pelican, so I don't think so.

Anyone know where I can get a nice foam case for under $50 by the way?

EDIT: Hispeed got to it first, darn.

Read the nametag grandma. J/k! J/k! Replica TSD case with foam on eBay, about $75, looks good. Couldn't find one lower.

http://itemlistings.ebay.com/sdcsrp?fl=370...xm&siteid=0

Edited by Hispeed1

Ugly?

Wear marks are a thing of beauty, my friend. They give the rifle its own unique character.

Do you have any other pics? It's always a good idea to take them outside, in natural sunlight.

-Vic

Edited by Victory