AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just looks so...real. Battery cap looks different from replicas I've spotted + im sure I spot pressure switch.

Yeah its real, no preasure switch though.

Being in the Army has its percs but that comes with knowing the right people.

Never join the Army kids. Really.

Everything on my realsteel work M4 fist on my airsoft M4 (GuayGuay) except for the obvious upper and lower reciever.

VLTOR stock

Foliage HandGrip

KA (Knights Arm. not King Arms) Rail covers

KA fore grip

Trijicon ACOG (Real Deal)

PEQ-15 (Real Deal)

can all be moved to my AEG with an easy 20 min conversion.

I guess its safe to say I use Real Steel products on my AEG, saves me money.

Now I just need to figure out how to sell my 3 BAMF Plate Carriers now that the ARMY has its head up its *albartroth* and seems to only authorize ACU pattern and OITV/IBA's now no matter how hardcore your unit is. Can't wait to get out.

Everything on my realsteel work M4 fist on my airsoft M4 (GuayGuay) except for the obvious upper and lower reciever.

VLTOR stock

Foliage HandGrip

KA (Knights Arm. not King Arms) Rail covers

KA fore grip

Trijicon ACOG (Real Deal)

PEQ-15 (Real Deal)

can all be moved to my AEG with an easy 20 min conversion.

I guess its safe to say I use Real Steel products on my AEG, saves me money.

Now I just need to figure out how to sell my 3 BAMF Plate Carriers now that the ARMY has its head up its *albartroth* and seems to only authorize ACU pattern and OITV/IBA's now no matter how hardcore your unit is. Can't wait to get out.

What happened to that being at the discretion of your individual unit commanders?

And just curious, but doesn't re-zeoring bother you at all?

I juts got a VFC HK416. I'm digging it so far:

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu122/m...ns/IMG_1892.jpg

Nice. You know ... if you wanted to, you could get a LaRue Tactical Medium Height (LT660HK) mount for that clone Micro. It's specifically designed to "Provides lower 1/3 cowitness when used with HK416 weapons systems, or similar AR-15 piston upper assemblies." That'd be pretty hot. Though ... perhaps overkill given you're mounting a clone on it. But HOT nonetheless! :D

DSC_1625.jpg

DSC_1627.jpg

Not based off anything from the show, just named it that as its fully custom

Externals:

King Arms Colt metal body

G&P Jungle Kit RAS

Madbull RAS Fix

Madbull KX3 Flashider

EOTech replica.

Magpul parts:

CTR stock w/Butt pad,DFE

MAID grip, DFE

Magpul Back Up Sights, DFE

Magpul ASAP sling mount

PMAG w/ Ranger plate, DFE

Railcover,DFE

Enhanced trigger guard, DFE

How does that work for you? Regards to the micro on a high mount and a hk416. No co-witness at all?

Yea, it kind of sucks. I can't see the irons. Oh well.

Nice. You know ... if you wanted to, you could get a LaRue Tactical Medium Height (LT660HK) mount for that clone Micro. It's specifically designed to "Provides lower 1/3 cowitness when used with HK416 weapons systems, or similar AR-15 piston upper assemblies." That'd be pretty hot. Though ... perhaps overkill given you're mounting a clone on it. But HOT nonetheless! :D

I was just thinking that today. You are right though, it's overkill seeing as I have a garbage optic. I'm surprised it still works after having the front lens cracked. The vertical adjustment decided to stop working, but that's not really a surprise.

Fox, do the EOtech and the MBUS sights co witness on that gun?

Unfotunatly, no. The RAS fix makes the EOTech sit to high. The dot is a bit above the front sight, So I usually just keep the front sight up when operating(x3). My view is that its in case my/The operator useing this guns EOtech breaks I have some extras sights. I like where the EOtech is, or else Id get the smaller RAS fix. :P I think thats what you ment by co witness. :unsure: Haha.

Edited by Mr Foxhound

I'm curious on the whole receiver-specific co-witness thing; please, anyone feel free to answer this one.

If you have flip-up irons on the same plane, does it really matter what height you use, so long as you get the one-third co-witness? I figured if you had flip-up iron sights on the same rail plane, you'd then just use the mount that worked best with them, so I don't follow why there are receiver-specific mounts.

Thanks for the help! ^_^

It's more to do with the HK specific sights. The HK sights on the 416 sit lower than those used on regular AR platforms. Thus LaRue created a mount specifically to cater to those with a 416. If you have a regular AR with sights that are in the same plane as regular AR sights, the high mount should suffice.

Unfotunatly, no. The RAS fix makes the EOTech sit to high. The dot is a bit above the front sight, So I usually just keep the front sight up when operating(x3). My view is that its in case my/The operator useing this guns EOtech breaks I have some extras sights. I like where the EOtech is, or else Id get the smaller RAS fix. :P I think thats what you ment by co witness. :unsure: Haha.

You sir are a trooper. And to the other guy, you could always try swapping out the H&K sights......just a suggestion

What happened to that being at the discretion of your individual unit commanders?

And just curious, but doesn't re-zeoring bother you at all?

It is at the commanders discretion. :(

I only plop her on my AEG when im done using my M4 for a while such as leave. We re zero our M4's every 3 to 5 months.

Edited by BoE.Solidius