AR15 Picture Thread

@Squab27: I intend to do the fruniture in Krylon OD. I'll prabaly do some kind of camo scheme later on, most likely one of those 'snake skin' styled ones.

@-MOOSE- eh, I'll live with it. I was going to purchase, or make a sunshade for it. A kid down the road has some spare parts from his UTG L96's various scopes. I'll just snage a pice for a sunshade from him.

Thanks, guys.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a new AEG, and I've chosen an M4. ( Yeah, real creative, I know. XD )

I've always liked the look of the carry-handle mounted optics, and the overall profile of the M4. I hate LE stocks. I don't like the fact that they have a good deal of wobble after a while, and I also like being able to use large batteries. I also want a rifle that I can use with any of my gear. ( Which is everything, except for my Flecktarn. )

So here's my question: Does this setup look good, both in the practical and looks forms?

That Blackside silencer says ".45" and is irl a handgun silencer. Sure, you could attach it to your M4 but such things look silly to me.

I need a new AEG, and I've chosen an M4. ( Yeah, real creative, I know. XD )

I've always liked the look of the carry-handle mounted optics, and the overall profile of the M4. I hate LE stocks. I don't like the fact that they have a good deal of wobble after a while, and I also like being able to use large batteries. I also want a rifle that I can use with any of my gear. ( Which is everything, except for my Flecktarn. )

So here's my question: Does this setup look good, both in the practical and looks forms?

I don't think you should use that mock silencer. I would recommend a Noveske KX3 Fire pig sound amplifier. It looks cooler and it actually does something.

Guys...

I'm planing to make/buy a SPR. On a SR15/25 base. And I figured that, instead of buying a whole complete gun for 600$ or more (gun+upgrades+fluffy things), I could build one just b changing the upper parts of my already existing KA M4.

I saw that VFC was selling the upper part of its SR15 http://www.wgcshop.com/WGC_Shop/images/vfc...15e3_01_l.jpg... so... Will VFC fit the KA lower body? Or do I have to sit on it and think about something else?

Edited by Ivan le Fou
Guys...

I'm planing to make/buy a SPR. On a SR15/25 base. And I figured that, instead of buying a whole complete gun for 600$ or more (gun+upgrades+fluffy things), I could build one just b changing the upper parts of my already existing KA M4.

I saw that VFC was selling the upper part of its SR15 http://www.wgcshop.com/WGC_Shop/images/vfc...15e3_01_l.jpg... so... Will VFC fit the KA lower body? Or do I have to sit on it and think about something else?

An SR25 is a Mk11, not an SPR (Mk12). An SR15 upper will not get you the look of an SPR either, it's a shorter barrel and different rail system. You can change out the RAS to M4 Match RAS and 18" outer barrel on your KA M4. There is an SPR front set made by many. But you could also just go ahead and buy a complete SPR and still have your M4 for when you need a short rifle.

BTW isn't this a pic thread? Alas I have nothing new to post so I shall just post a pic of the King Arms SPR front set (with apologies to UNCompany that I downloaded their pic and hosted on my Photobucket): http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=6763

ka-ras-05_big.jpg

@j3t: I actually hadn't noticed that on there. Granted, if I painted it with the rest of the gun, I wouldn't make much of a difference. Thanks for pointing that out, good sir.

@Choobert: Eh, I like the whole sound amplifier deal, but I like the look of a 'regular' sized silencer. Do they make any larger ones that amplify the sound? Thanks

the upper for my VFC 416. im working on the GB right now, getting it ready for a CQB game, and installing new wiring. the G&P ACOG just came in today, so i thought id snap a few pics, even though the lower is in pieces.

P1010001.jpg

Edited by sigmaboy
the upper for my VFC 416. im working on the GB right now, getting it ready for a CQB game, and installing new wiring. the G&P ACOG just came in today, so i thought id snap a few pics, even though the lower is in pieces.

P1010001.jpg

Why the ACOG for CQB?

Just got my new Wei-Tech M16A3 this Thursday, so after a few modifications it's time to display it:

I've installed a SureFire M511A and an ACOG on the gun.

28815764.jpg

28815766.jpg

28815765.jpg

28815767.jpg

28815763.jpg

I have thus far only two major complaints:

1) The engravings on the gun are faulty. Instead of "M16A3" they've tapped in "M4A1 Carbine", so it seems there's either been a mix up at the factory, or the just don't prioritize correct engravings on the M16's.

2) Furthermore a part of the gun broke after only three days use. It's part No. 44, the Nozzle. So I plan to stack up an inventory of spare parts for it in case this happens again. Although, to be completely honest, the nozzle might have broken due to the fact that some friends and I rammed a few magazines into the gun without racking it first, which I will do from now on.

Apart from this it's a darn nice gun. Real Steel compatible with, amongst other things, SureFire handguards, it's got a nice kick to it and produces a nice, big bang out of the muzzle. Had it chronoe'd at a local airsmith and it produced approx. 120 m/s.

I'll buy an M4 as soon as the stockmarket allows me to.

Why I use Gas Guns:

28794465.jpg

that M16A4 looks awesome... i never knew that surefire made a full length lighted forearm. i might have to get one at some point, probably with a real A2.

and the TM sopmod has been calling my name for some time now. metal body, right?

-Joe

Edited by masakarijoe

Image request, if I may:

Knights type tactical handguard slip ring installed on anything, but preferably an M16A2/A3.

Like this:

FF-M16-STK-RG-AG.jpg

Cheers,

KW.

EDIT: should point out that I would like to see pic with normal handguards, not RAS, sorry.

Edited by Kenworth W900
that M16A4 looks awesome... i never knew that surefire made a full length lighted forearm. i might have to get one at some point, probably with a real A2.

and the TM sopmod has been calling my name for some time now. metal body, right?

-Joe

Yeah all metal :)

And no you can't use any other batteries :(

Fiddle - It is a real M951 with FM63, just scored it for $170 NIP shipped on Ebay.

Kraut - Yes, that's obvious, but, when you get into the acm market, no such thing exist, the stock and tube on my sbr is Dboy and they dont even match up out of the package and there's hella wobble. just inquiring if any one had any quick fixes for such problem.

Fiddle - It is a real M951 with FM63, just scored it for $170 NIP shipped on Ebay.

Kraut - Yes, that's obvious, but, when you get into the acm market, no such thing exist, the stock and tube on my sbr is Dboy and they dont even match up out of the package and there's hella wobble. just inquiring if any one had any quick fixes for such problem.

Aside from tape, the only advise I can give you is don't buy ACM and expect wonders.

Pretty rifle, btw.

Edited by Kraut