AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B4 she gos under the gun.

What do you guys use to shimmy up a collapsible stock [between the tube and the stock], I've tried black duck tape, electrical tape even both but nothing that last long??? Much Kudos to any one that can help.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/new...05/DSCN0537.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/new...05/DSCN0540.jpg

Thanks

- Cody

What's wrong with electrical tape? I used a couple little layers of e-tape on my old gun between the buffer tube and my CTR and it worked just fine. If you make it long enough (like almost the entire lenght of the buffer tube) the stock never comes off of it, so you don't run the risk of pulling the stock off of the tape then pushing it back on which can cause the tape to rip if the stock hits it right. If you get what I'm saying...maybe that wasn't very clear lol.

By the way, awesome gun. Not a huge fan of the paint on the stock and suppressor, but otherwise absolutely gorgeous.

Fiddle - It is a real M951 with FM63, just scored it for $170 NIP shipped on Ebay.

Kraut - Yes, that's obvious, but, when you get into the acm market, no such thing exist, the stock and tube on my sbr is Dboy and they dont even match up out of the package and there's hella wobble. just inquiring if any one had any quick fixes for such problem.

Tape doesn't last? I cant imagine good 100mph duct tape wouldn't work well. That's what I'm using on my 416. Also, why the velcro pad on the stock?

Why the ACOG for CQB?

its not for CQB, i just prefer a shorter weapon. the gearbox is shooting upwards up 420-430fps, and im getting around 220ft range, so it definitely does its job in the woods. so the ACOG is nice for checking the path up ahead and getting a closer look at the "dark spot" in the bush, and a boost in accuracy.

Tape doesn't last? I cant imagine good 100mph duct tape wouldn't work well. That's what I'm using on my 416. Also, why the velcro pad on the stock?

1 piece of electric tape solves the wobble on my CA416 stock.

And unless you collapse and extend the stock very constantly I don't see how it wouldn't last long.

DSC03075.jpg

Edited by Agent Hunk
its not for CQB, i just prefer a shorter weapon. the gearbox is shooting upwards up 420-430fps, and im getting around 220ft range, so it definitely does its job in the woods. so the ACOG is nice for checking the path up ahead and getting a closer look at the "dark spot" in the bush, and a boost in accuracy.

Oh, you said you were getting it ready for a CQB game. I agree with your use of the ACOG though, that's what I usually do with mine.

My weird, bastardised M4/LR300/XM177 hybrid...

Photo049-1.jpg

Photo050-1.jpg

Photo051-1.jpg

And lastly a truly rubbish picture of it fitted with firepig.

Photo057-1.jpg

Still to add is a dessie paintjob and a reflex holosight. Currently referring to it as my 'Car-150' as not sure what else to call it :P

Dave

Edited by spetsnazdave87
How do you like your CA 416? Do you know if PTS PMAGs will fit?

I like it, the blow back is sorta tacky but nice.

No idea on PMAGs.

I like how the center of the bolt actually looks recessed in the picture. Is it the lighting?

Was not 100% on what you were asking so hopefully these pictures explain it.

DSC03083.jpg

DSC03085.jpg

Locked back:

DSC03086.jpg

Real AR bcg's have that 'dimple'....

http://dynamicarmament.com/images/AR15MILS.../BOLT%20CMT.jpg

The lighting your first picture looked like it was 1:1 with the real AR's(or atleast close). Airsoft AR fake bolts have the small depression, but its limited due to the gearbox inside.

Hows the CA416? any wobble between the receiver?

Real AR bcg's have that 'dimple'....

http://dynamicarmament.com/images/AR15MILS.../BOLT%20CMT.jpg

The lighting your first picture looked like it was 1:1 with the real AR's(or atleast close). Airsoft AR fake bolts have the small depression, but its limited due to the gearbox inside.

That's why I asked. I'm so used to seeing that dimple being shallow on AEGs, but the CA416's seemed much more pronounced.