AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit overkill, don'tcha' think?

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I have considered buying a Specter DR. For a real AR, though.

This is airsoft lol, no such thing as overkill. Our whole sport is based on the premise of things you don't actually need.. but does that stop people from spending thousands on night vision or high speed setups? Not in the least. With that said, I'll agree the Elcan isn't the most practical for airsoft - rather I got it for a 5.56 mm project I'm working towards ;)

This is airsoft lol, no such thing as overkill. Our whole sport is based on the premise of things you don't actually need.. but does that stop people from spending thousands on night vision or high speed setups? Not in the least. With that said, I'll agree the Elcan isn't the most practical for airsoft - rather I got it for a 5.56 mm project I'm working towards ;)

Good point.

And, good to hear that your Canadian friend will be used on a real rifle, as well. ^_^

-Vic

My G&P cqbr,

Internals:

guarder cylinder kit with sp90, prometheus 363mm barrel, sytema hop rubber, running on a hotpower 3000mah 7.4 li-po (would actually fit into g&p stock perfectly but wires prevent stock from being anything other than fully extended).

Externals:

d-boys crane stock, new version dragon red eotech (no ghosting, everything works & very bright), KAC vert fore-grip, EA KAC qd silencer.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

@ Elchinator: the flat part on the attachment for your replica Knight's QD suppressor should be at the 12 o'clock position, your QD flash hider might not be indexed correctly. The notch on the flash hider should be at the 6 o'clock position so the suppressor can be alligned correctly. All this isn't a big deal for AEG's, but it makes them look more realistic.
@ Elchinator: the flat part on the attachment for your replica Knight's QD suppressor should be at the 12 o'clock position, your QD flash hider might not be indexed correctly. The notch on the flash hider should be at the 6 o'clock position so the suppressor can be alligned correctly. All this isn't a big deal for AEG's, but it makes them look more realistic.

Yeah i think you meant me..... i'm actually waiting for a + to - thread adapter from HK as the silencer isn't a very tight fit on the g&p flash hider, however it fits nicely onto the flash hider which came with the silencer!

If i'm not lucky enough to get the flashhider in the correct position i'll have to put a shim behind it so it is! :)

Edited by hugh_b

IMG_2195.jpg

started life as an ASGI G4-SP, then I had to put the full stock on to fit my mosfet. Suprisingly comfortable though.

Internally it has a G&P m120 motor, 8mm bearings, prommy soft bucking, h-nub, mosfet, and a custom TPE cylinder head pad.

Shooting fine at about 340 FPS and 25 RPS, getting rid of it ASAP.

Edited by DFM56