AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the most immature and childish argument ever. Noone here has any right to cirticize someone else justg because of what they want to put on THEIR NOT YOUR! AEG/GBBR/GBB.

So what lesson have we learned? If you dont have anything good to say dont say anything at all. If you insult/make fun of/criticize someone for FDE accessories then your just tolling and wasting forum space. Alot of people need to grow up.

I'll leave it at that.

I really don't give a damn about what's popular or cool looking.

And yes, I did want a realistic looking airsoft gun

So realism doesn't make it cool looking? Must not since you don't give a damn about what's cool looking.

I'm not concerned with 'fads'

paintball is more popular than Airsoft

So Airsoft is not the new fad for war games right? Must not be since you aren't concerned with fads.

I won't go on but I will give you a gold star for missing every single point I was trying to make.

Were they handing out free magic cloaks that deflect reasoning at the last Harry Potter movie or something?

Oh, I got your 'points.' I just don't care about what you're saying. This is a thread for AR15 variations, and you're taking my personal tastes in weapon accessories as though it's a threat to your well-being. Grow the *fruitcage* up, and get on with your life. I have my opinions, you have yours. Leave it at that, and get this thread back on track.

Also, *fruitcage* Harry Potter.

Edited by J-Rock_14

I can not believe that this argument is still going on (started on page 19).

I recently bought some a bunch of Magpul parts - in FDE

Why?

Because they are some of the best accessories i have used totally awesome and look cool!

Who cares if people buy them because some guy on a video uses them or that they just like it because of the way it looks?

Last time I checked, this was AIRSOFT where the following terms should come to mind instantly:

"to each its own"

"gucci items"

"90% looks, 10% skill"

Come on guys, sure the idolizing of Costa and Haley is a bit much, but no one should be flamed for using Magpul parts on their guns.

-Shin

...and since this IS a picture thread.

Here is my TM M4A1 CASV circa 2006 - I play in the deserts of Socal and I think the BLK/ Tan contrast looks COOL (not FDE cool tho)!

TMM4CASVpic-01.jpg

--end rant-- :rolleyes:

Edited by luvs2shoot
Oh, I got your 'points.' I just don't care about what you're saying. This is a thread for AR15 variations, and you're taking my personal tastes in weapon accessories as though it's a threat to your well-being. Grow the *fruitcage* up, and get on with your life. I have my opinions, you have yours. Leave it at that, and get this thread back on track.

Also, *fruitcage* Harry Potter.

That's the problem right there. How can you have opinions on Magpul (or any other) accessories that you've never used?

You sound like my 3 year old son who says he'll stick with mac and cheese instead of trying a new food for dinner because he knows he likes mac and cheese so why bother trying something new.

And I tried to keep the thread on track with pictorial examples for you since that's how children tend to learn best... :elmo:

Edited by ViciousV10s
I have used Magpul products and the sort before, I just never cared for them. Hence the reason why I no longer have them.

( Stealthbomber is gonna have field-day with this thread. o.o )

Right, of course you have. You've owned and tried everything out there I'm sure.

I take it all back after looking at your last M4 photo you posted.

You most certainly do not care about what's popular or cool looking. Congratulations on being so unique while the rest of us swarm like drones around the Magpul shrine.

My latest WE config, I hope you all don't think it's less cool looking since I removed a few Magpul products

DSC_0301.JPG

DSC_0302.JPG

DSC_0303.JPG

Edited by ViciousV10s
This is the most immature and childish argument ever. Noone here has any right to cirticize someone else justg because of what they want to put on THEIR NOT YOUR! AEG/GBBR/GBB.

So what lesson have we learned? If you dont have anything good to say dont say anything at all. If you insult/make fun of/criticize someone for FDE accessories then your just tolling and wasting forum space. Alot of people need to grow up.

And breathe! :unsure:

I can not believe that this argument is still going on (started on page 19).

I recently bought some a bunch of Magpul parts - in FDE

Why?

Because they are some of the best accessories i have used totally awesome and look cool!

Don't mean to criticise. Just using your post to reply...

Basically, it usually goes like this:-

- Somebody makes a comment either noting that there ARE lots of Costaclone© guns around these days OR commenting that it's nice to see something that doesn't look like it was used in a Magpul photoshoot for a change.

- A bunch of magpul fanboys will leap to the defence by stating how it's "obvious" that Magpul bits will be common these days because they're so good. Etc.

- Internet flame-war ensues.

Fact is that, as you say, regardless of the quality of magpul parts, most people are buying them simply cos they're fashionable and look cool.

As has been said, it's up to each individual what they do with their toy guns.

The arguments start when people try to claim that they built their Costaclone© simply because it was the optimal configuration for their intended purpose which is a little silly and pretentious IMO.

They bult it cos it looks cool.

They do look cool. My G&P m4 will be getting a Magpul makeover at some point for that very reason. :)

No, not especially. You have to take the CTR off to access it (Which is a pain in the butt compared to other stocks)

Wiring is just like a rearwired gun with shorter wiring inside the tube (though mine was originally front wired)

Probably a good example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tunhew-jfk

Oh, also, I like the WE V10. What aimpoint is that? Doesn't exactly look like an m2

Edited by Whan

U don't realy need to take off the CTR, u can take out only the plate from the back of the CTR.

Magpul-CTR.jpg

In case u use the rubber pad, just take out the plate and put only the rubber pad on the back. That's how I use it. ;)

Edit: About the battery, I use a G&P 7.4 1200mAh, just because the 11.1 gives me an insane ROF, no mosfet in buffer tube, only the fuse from VFC Sr16 E3, and it has a lot of space.

Edited by hayabusa46
So, anyone using a Magpul product is a fanboy. Got it. :rolleyes:

Whan, I've been wanting to buffertube my battery, but I can't find details on the mod. How is your wiring set up?

Ha, its pretty evident that there is definatly an element of this. This whole thing thats gone on for a few pages now just happened cause some guy got upset that I praised a guy's gun and said that I preferred it to "magpul bs"

Most people would of seen that as the not fully serious comment that it was, but apparently not.

If they've made a costa clone then they will need that PEQ for the battery. If they've made a Navy Seals M4 then having spent all the money building the gun to the tiniest detail why leave off a major part of the gun? Plus some of the clones have a laser in it and in CQB they can be handy.

Problem is, the best costa clone ive seen had NO battery in the PEQ box (batter was in buffer tube) and no laser unit. In fact one of the second best costa clones ive seen was a GBB with a dytac replica peq. Wrap your head around that....... :huh:

What the heck happened to this thread? :blink:

For the record all of my "Costaclone" guns I made initially because I liked the look of them, but they wouldn't have stayed that way if they didn't work for me the way they were. Ergonomics and function are pretty important to me, perhaps just as important as looks. When I'm using a gun for two to three days straight, 8+ hours a day ... I'll know pretty quickly if I hate it or love it. The PEQ-15 replica on my SR16 is the only thing that probably serves absolutely no purpose (currently), but it's there because to me it looks odd without it (and it'll later be replaced with something that does do something ;) ).

If I see a real operator or even an instructor on a DVD using some gear that I had never considered before or in such a way I had never thought of before and I liked the look of, I may try it out. My thinking is simply that, hey this guy's got a lot more practical real world experience than I do ... may be I should give it a try and see if it works for me too. Sometimes it does and improves my efficiency, sometimes it doesn't suit my body type but heck, that's how I learn. ^_^ I'm just the kind of guy that likes to try everything out for myself to see if I like it. The result is that I end up sitting on a lot of kit that gets put to the side, but I also am able to discover that small minority of gear that I do like. I like a lot of Magpul products because a lot of it is built with ergonomics in mind, but I don't like all of it.

If anyone chooses to call me out for having several "Costaclone" guns, it really doesn't bother me. I like the guns and to me that's really all that matters. I can't really understand why anyone else would care what kind of guns I have when it has absolutely no bearing on them and their guns. Seriously, who cares? Why are people making a big deal out of it? :huh:

Nice looking gun Vicious!

lol, I played airsoft because its fun and it is some cool looking toy. So for me there is nothing wrong to make sure stuff in my collection looks good. I don't need to depend on my toy to survive, but I do want to make sure the stuff I buy are quality products so I am not entirely wasting my money(arguable, since really airsoft does nothing practical, lol). Black ifle + FDE just happen to meet my "artistic" sense, and since I don't paint, accessorizing the rifle as such gives me a creative release of sorts.....

to each's own and his own wallet I guess.....but to question another's point and motivation in doing something like that in an airsoft forum(especially in a show-off thread such as this), the guy has got to be pretty bored.....

Edited by RacingManiac