AR15 Picture Thread

That type of stock goes really well with the rest of the setup raito - very '5th generation'.

I have to say that what with all the Magpul discussion recently I agree that most items look odd - especially in tan. But your stock seems to fit nicely with the non-magpul stuff.

3 Q's if I may:

-Raitos stock is a 'CTR', right? If so whats the difference between it and a 'UBR' in practical terms?

-Does UBR and CTR stand for anything?

-Are there any advantages to Magpul furniture? - talking in the realest terms possible, not just the looks.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Q's if I may:

-Raitos stock is a 'CTR', right? If so whats the difference between it and a 'UBR' in practical terms?

Yes, a Magpul CTR. I dig the UBR sometimes because it helps balance front heavy rifles.

-Does UBR and CTR stand for anything?

Magpul Utility/Battle Rifle and Compact/Type Restricted stock.

-Are there any advantages to Magpul furniture? - talking in the realest terms possible, not just the looks.

It may be more comfortable in your hands and may serve you better over time. Other may have more input than me.

For the advantages of magpul furniture

Magpul stuff is overall designed a little better and designed from the standpoint of the user. Theoretically will hold up longer

MOE/CTR is considered a basic replacement for the standard CAR stock, low profile, stays out of the way. The CTR has an extra friction lock on it to remove any wiggle that may be left

UBR/ACR are the beefier cousins.

UBR has a different adjustment mechanism than normal stocks designed with stability in mind as your cheek weld never moves but the stock can still collapse/extend

ACR is probably the largest and has alot of cheek weld area with decent bit of storage space on board

For airsoft use Im looking forward to the ACR in the hope it will take nunchuck nimh batteries like the CRANE/LMT SOPMOD stocks did/do. Choice of the other ones is up to you, they are all good you just have to decide u want one.

As for the pistol grip the MOE/MIAD is not a bad call, i have always hated the A2 grips as that nub give me a blister over a multiday event. The MIAD is nifty you basically pick the backstrap and front bit you want and bin the rest of the parts, MOE is on par with other grip types(Hogue, tangodown, etc). Would be nice if the rubberized one came out

MBUS are cute but for airsoft their real world usefulness is diminished(they are many times cheaper than their KAC and Troy counterparts in the real world)

Trigger guard is cute as well, never had a problem that made me want to replace the normal one.

Edited by Azulsky

Marui M4A1 + 4 years of impusle tweaking = Irene :D

Simple but effective, been waiting a year to get a silencer for it, slapping a 203 on for shizzles and giggles

Horrific picture quality but best camera i own is a disposable....

post-16090-1252450663_thumb.jpg

post-16090-1252450678_thumb.jpg

Counter-sniper thingy :P

post-16090-1252450693_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

L

For airsoft use Im looking forward to the ACR in the hope it will take nunchuck nimh batteries like the CRANE/LMT SOPMOD stocks did/do.

You mean the ACS i think ;)

To answer your question: WGC currently has the ACS in stock and the product description says each tube will hold 2x AA or 3x CR123 batteries as standard. Nothing about batterypacks, so i quess they cant hold those and i doubt if they could be modified, looking at the tube's endcaps and the actual tube length.

You mean the ACS i think ;)

To answer your question: WGC currently has the ACS in stock and the product description says each tube will hold 2x AA or 3x CR123 batteries as standard. Nothing about batterypacks, so i quess they cant hold those and i doubt if they could be modified, looking at the tube's endcaps and the actual tube length.

You can probably modify it. I imagine it's probably not much different than the VLTOR MOD/EMOD Stock modification.

Actually in response to the Magpul ACS stock< I spoke with titelist , as he has one in RS. He said the construction of the ACS out of separate pieces that are meant to be permanently affixed together, that it would be nigh impossible to modify as its construction is completely different from that of the Vltor emod stocks etc.

Actually in response to the Magpul ACS stock< I spoke with titelist , as he has one in RS. He said the construction of the ACS out of separate pieces that are meant to be permanently affixed together, that it would be nigh impossible to modify as its construction is completely different from that of the Vltor emod stocks etc.

This is true, but it actually makes the stock easier to mod the way I look at it. The little caps are the only parts that are removable, and they are at the back of the stock, so If one were to make cutouts in the stock here(to be able to slide one side of the battery to the other side of the stock) and into the caps to fit the wiring. The only catch is the batteries would have to be smaller than the ones used for vltor stocks because you cannot cut out the slots for the wires all along the tubes, so thus the bulge from the wires and cells would have to completely fit in the tubes without mods and the wires for the two individual stick batteries holding it together would have to be quite long.

This is true, but it actually makes the stock easier to mod the way I look at it. The little caps are the only parts that are removable, and they are at the back of the stock, so If one were to make cutouts in the stock here(to be able to slide one side of the battery to the other side of the stock) and into the caps to fit the wiring. The only catch is the batteries would have to be smaller than the ones used for vltor stocks because you cannot cut out the slots for the wires all along the tubes, so thus the bulge from the wires and cells would have to completely fit in the tubes without mods and the wires for the two individual stick batteries holding it together would have to be quite long.

Well in that case, i think spacing wont be an issue, as titelist also reported to me that the batteries rattle around easily inside the stock, so the batts that go in an emod should be able to fit.

Does anybody have one of the VLTOR bolt carriers for WA GBBRs? I'm thinking about buying an RA-Tech VLTOR NPAS BCG for my WOC, but I'd like to see how it looks first. I thought I saw a pic somewhere on here, but can't find it now. :( So if anybody's got one, feel free to ###### out a few pictures. :P

EDIT: Nevermind, found the pic I was looking for in the Magpul thread. Though if anybody else has the VLTOR bolt carrier, feel free to post a pic or two. Love the look of 'em.

Edited by Kiki-Jiki

Added a Madbull RIS fixer, my Noveske front is just slightly off clocking when fully torqued despite whatever amount of shims I am using on the barrel nut...this kinda fixes that and act as a riser....trying out with the Irondot...

original.jpg

original.jpg

...and Aimpoint Comp M3...

original.jpg

original.jpg

Aimpoint will probably be used most of the time....looks kinda bulky with the riser, but this makes for 1/4 cowitness rather than the 2/3 cowitness without it....mainly because I am using a Larue LT152, originally bought for CASV's raised rail...

Well in that case, i think spacing wont be an issue, as titelist also reported to me that the batteries rattle around easily inside the stock, so the batts that go in an emod should be able to fit.

I should be getting my ACS tomorrow for my AR. I'll see if small batteries will fit.