AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunk : That looks good dude. Very realistic looking. How did you get dirt into all the nooks and crannies? Did you spray it and just use it or use another technique?

It was fully kryloned. I stripped the paint off with nail polish remover and most of the nooks and crannies are the spots it just didn't want to budge from. I would of waited but I used too much green on the spray job and hated it.

It was fully kryloned. I stripped the paint off with nail polish remover and most of the nooks and crannies are the spots it just didn't want to budge from. I would of waited but I used too much green on the spray job and hated it.

Dude ... looks good as is. I wouldn't change it one bit. Looks like it's been used in the desert or in a battle field somewhere and you've got some dirt build up. It's the kind of affect most people TRY to get! I may have to try it myself sometime. ;)

CA M4A1, G&P ACOG and a G&P PEQ-4. I wish the PEQ sat lower but its only for the night and MOUT games so I'll deal. ACOG needs a kill-flash.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Jason...ns/DSC03179.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Jason...ns/DSC03178.jpg

Fair enough. The PEQ-4 doesn't look that bad at all really. So long as it dose the job thats the main thing...

I also know the feeling of having a paint job go wrong. I always seem to get one side of the gun perfect then can never replicate the same effect on the next side. End up having to do 3-4 coats sometimes.

Should just learn to keep it simple.

Edited by Evert 72

Here's a few updated pictures of my AR-15 A4 Carbine fitted with Gemtech G5 silencer, ACOG red dot sight and a tactical light. Basically all other things are standard, however this is the 2009 model from Classic Army with factory upgraded parts compared to the previous version.

Originally I wanted a handguard with the built in M500 light to follow through on the SWAT look. But all I could find was the ones from G&P and they wouldn't fit onto CA without a bit of modding. But the G&P Scorpion flashlight is actually very nice... Very bright, rechargeable (recharging plug connects directly into the flashlight), very good build quality and cheap. Next thing to get is an ACOG sight which will fit directly in the carrying handle...

m15a4_1.jpg

m15a4_2.jpg

Edited by Laursen

Laursen, great looking M15! I'm curious though, have you tried putting any aftermarket KAC type RIS system on it yet? I ask because it seems for the new X-Series CA decided to lower the height of the upper receiver a bit to match the real steel upper height more closely. Because of this I'm wondering if the top rail on aftermarket RIS systems would sit higher than the rail on the upper receiver now?

Jayala, G&P uppers will fit CA M15s just fine. I have personally confirmed it ^_^

Laursen, great looking M15! I'm curious though, have you tried putting any aftermarket KAC type RIS system on it yet? I ask because it seems for the new X-Series CA decided to lower the height of the upper receiver a bit to match the real steel upper height more closely. Because of this I'm wondering if the top rail on aftermarket RIS systems would sit higher than the rail on the upper receiver now?

Hi Jin15... First, thanks for the comment, really appreciate it :)

I haven't tried putting any RIS on it. I'm thinking of doing it but I like the look of the standard handguard and with the different rails I've mounted it can accomodate all my needs for attachments.

Here's a few updated pictures of my AR-15 A4 Carbine fitted with Gemtech G5 silencer, ACOG red dot sight and a tactical light. Basically all other things are standard, however this is the 2009 model from Classic Army with factory upgraded parts compared to the previous version.

Originally I wanted a handguard with the built in M500 light to follow through on the SWAT look. But all I could find was the ones from G&P and they wouldn't fit onto CA without a bit of modding. But the G&P Scorpion flashlight is actually very nice... Very bright, rechargeable (recharging plug connects directly into the flashlight), very good build quality and cheap. Next thing to get is an ACOG sight which will fit directly in the carrying handle...

http://www.photosgraphein.net/m15a4_1.jpg

http://www.photosgraphein.net/m15a4_2.jpg

Hi laursen, just in case you didnt know, the ACOG base will unscrew and should fit into the carry handle as it is,you shouldnt need to buy another one.and by using one of the screws through the little hole in the carry handle, youll bring that sight picture right down.

although not sure exactly what acog your running.

Edited by Jimmypie
Hi laursen, just in case you didnt know, the ACOG base will unscrew and should fit into the carry handle as it is,you shouldnt need to buy another one.and by using one of the screws through the little hole in the carry handle, youll bring that sight picture right down.

although not sure exactly what acog your running.

I'm using a Strike System ACOG. I need a G&P ACOG before they can be mounted directly in the carrying handle. It's on top of my wishlist :)

Jayala, G&P uppers will fit CA M15s just fine. I have personally confirmed it ^_^

No it should fit fine. CA lowering their upper receiver height is actually a good thing, because on their older Armalite series, the upper receiver rail would sit slightly higher than the rail system top rail (I know from experience).