AR15 Picture Thread

Lovley. :)

EDIT: I realized I sounded sarcastic so I added a smiley :lol:

Lol, thanks man.

I'm loving ALL of your setups Kiki.

You should get a tan rubber M3 cover for your aimpoint.

-Luis

Thanks, I've considered it...but usually I've seen the covers are too tan and won't match the Magpul FDE, and I'm not sure I can live with that lol. I may just buy one anyways to see how it looks though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's the brightness of the Burris Fastfires compared to the ACM knockoffs?

I had a King Arms one die on me after just 1 month of owning it. I figured I might as well invest on a good one since the KA isn't cheap either. Comparing the KA to this one, the Burris is much more solidly built. The on-off switch is good since the KA sometimes does not go on by itself (a lemon?). The dot is also much more... er... like a 'dot' compared to the KA's which looks all blurry and big.

Haven't compared it to the ACM Doctor Sight though...

I had a King Arms one die on me after just 1 month of owning it. I figured I might as well invest on a good one since the KA isn't cheap either. Comparing the KA to this one, the Burris is much more solidly built. The on-off switch is good since the KA sometimes does not go on by itself (a lemon?). The dot is also much more... er... like a 'dot' compared to the KA's which looks all blurry and big.

Haven't compared it to the ACM Doctor Sight though...

One thing I've noticed about the airsoft replica RDS is that they have a tendency to not be as bright, as clear, as reliable/robust and as good when it comes to battery consumption. Over the years replica RDS certainly have improved in terms of clarity, and brightness is getting a little better, but battery consumption and robustness still need a LOT of work. I used to buy replica RDS, but between the crazy battery consumption and the fact that they kept breaking, I stopped buying replica RDS. Investing in real RDS isn't cheap, but I've yet to have one break on me, and I can leave my Aimpoint Micros running for 5 YEARS at a medium brightness and expect it to be on whenever I pick it up during that time. Something to consider.

M16twins.png

The M16 "twins" if you will... The M4 is a 2006 ICS, and the M16A3 is a 2008 (Serial number BA080011, thats #11 :D) I have a new metal barrel coming for the M16A3 so it's a one peice barrel rather than the two or three peice that is on there now.

Both use the same upper gearbox which contains:

Systema M120S

Systema Silent Piston Head set (dont ask... it was purchased a LONG time ago)

Guarder Piston

Guarder Tappet Plate

Guarder V2 Spring Guide

Stock ICS Airnozzle

M16A3 has:

Madbull 6.03 509mm TightBore

Big Out H Nub (White)

Guarder Black Hop Up Rubber

The M4 has:

G&P M120 Motor

Guarder V2 Gearset

Guarder Clear Hop Up Rubber

They have served me well :)

Preview of my rifle updates. Pictures taken by the guy whos doing internal work on my rifle, Im sure you recognize his bar table. The flash of his cam was off, so colors look bit off.

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

The rail is a SOCOM Gear licensed Daniel Defense rail in Earth color.

Things to be added:

KAC-style Suppressor instead of KX3.

Aimpoint with Tan cover

Stubby grip

6.01 tighbore

Wires will be hidden better once its done, I just asked to see it built.

Anyone here with a PTS UBR stock have any idea what type of wiring and battery solution is best? I got one from HK today and I have no clue how I can fit anything in there. I can barely get the stock to accept my current G&P wiring set up let alone a Lipo.

You are going to need some really thin wiring (like the wiring in a Classic Army crane stock), and you are going to need to use an 1100mah lipo battery (usually about 105-120mm long) like the one offered by King Arms. That is really the only way you will fit it in the tube of the UBR.

Good luck!

-The Sizzle

You are going to need some really thin wiring (like the wiring in a Classic Army crane stock), and you are going to need to use an 1100mah lipo battery (usually about 105-120mm long) like the one offered by King Arms. That is really the only way you will fit it in the tube of the UBR.

Good luck!

-The Sizzle

I was in the same kind of predicament as I'm deciding on a stock update for a recon rifle, was looking at either the UBR or ACS but might go with the ACS because I'm not liking the UBR latch to adjust the stocks' length of pull. I may need to rewire to the front as I don't want to use Li-Po's. Somebody make a UBR/ACS stock that can take Ni-mh batteries in them or Crane stock wired ones! Lol.

King Arms makes a pretty sweet 7" LaRue rail. Check it out on RWA or WGC Shop.

True, KA is GTG. Be careful which replica LaRue rail you get, the older generic ones' rails are out of spec, ie. hard to fit picatinny (20mm) mounted accesories on it and they don't stay in place very well. The newer versions are ok.