AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought me a used WE M4 from this here forum, together with some accessories. And the package arrived today at my local post office:

29890234.jpg

After having installed some Cavalry Arms' pink furniture I bought some time ago in order to complete the "My Little Carbine" impression:

29890395.jpg

This was the end result:

29890319.jpg

(Nisseman sold separately)

A few more details will follow (such as a Magpul B.A.D.), and some serious modifications to the racking mechanism, but other than that I'm pretty content at current.

Some real-steel guns I've gotten my inspiration from:

AR15-L2.jpg

29687413.jpg

Comments.

Suggestions.

Accusations regarding blasphemy...

They're all welcome.

On a side note I'm looking for an A2 upper for my "MLC" gun, so if anybody has a PTW A2 upper, or knows where I might find one made for WE Armalites (I haven't found one yet, despite my efforts), feel free to contact me.

As seen in Knights and DMRs, because I love 'em :D

My M16 DMR and Frankenstein Knights M4 (made up of 90% spare parts)

The M16 is a WIP at the moment, all it needs is a rear BUIS, a fuse, a connector, and a battery with enough mAh to pull the silly spring I slapped in there.

The DMR externals are CA, optics are ACM, and all internals are Guarder save the hop, barrel, and spring (CA, CA, and Prometheus, respectively), G&P m160 motor

The M4ish thing is:

DBoys Metal Knights Reciever

SRC forend

CA Gearbox (laylax piston head and PDI air nozzle)

KA hop chamber

Madbull rubber

Vanaras barrel

ACM Rear BUIS

Magpul MOE motorgrip

TM 900 motor

IMG_6720.jpg

You know, it never ceases to amaze me what an excellent photo stage can be created by a duvet

IMG_6725.jpg

Edited by Aidan

Thanks, xtestifyx!

The paracord is admittedly not my idea, I was inspired by TheBauer's VSR, which was fashioned similarly. ;) It can be useful if I need a place to stow a glove or summat momentarily, and can be used for local cam. :)

Edited by Aidan
^ That's......intersting.

Anyway, I played a some CQB last night. Below is my TM M4 and my friends G&P M933 (with my optics setup). The G&P is a steaming pile, the hop-up broke last night infact. It looks neat though:

I'm really doubtful regarding G&P M4 internals, same with G&G and VFC's. This is just MHO. TM and new CA's are solid from what I've seen so far. There are a lot that'll testify for those manufacturer's I mentioned at the beginning, but I shy away from them. They do make great accesories though.

A WIP LaRue "MBR" (Midlength Battle Rifle) build.

IMG_4099.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

Big Dragon Larue 11.0" RIS

STAR M4 MBK

Stock TM V2 GB

5KU Buffer Tube for WA M4

Magpul PTS CTR

The STAR MBK is such a PITA to mod, but if done right, it's so worth it. Plus, the entire gun (so far) only weighs a measly 4.5lbs :D. Sorry for such yellowish pics - my room sucks :(

Two questions:

1. To go FDE 2-tone, or stay black?

2. Is it just me or is that buffer tube/stock bent upwards?

Going to up the GB tonight.

Because I gutted the STAR MBK from a previous build lol, and didn't want to spend another $100-150 or so for another MBK.

Even though Star ones can take GBB/RS buffer tubes, the V2 GB isn't designed for it. You have to dremel out a lot of metal for the GB to fit into the MBK, then dremel out slots in the buffer tube to accept the GB's placement.

It's a steal since the MBK was around $70, and the buffer tube $15 - a total of $85 for a very good quality/light MBK, compared to the more expensive ones out there. Plus my buffer tube is completely empty for a buffer tube lipo :D

Received my WA M4 Magpul ASAP plate today, modded it to fit my STAR MBK. Sorry GBBR guys, I killed WA M4 parts XD.

IMG_0371.jpg

So far. The CTR stock is for sale - PM me if you are interested in it.

IMG_0372.jpg

Here's what I mean by hard:

1. You need to dremel out the lower rear end of the receiver to allow the V2 GB to fit. LOT of metal needs to go - I did this earlier in the year, so wasn't a hassle for me now.

2. MBK widths are tighter, need to dremel random items inside the receiver.

3. Had to cut 2 notches into my buffer tube to allow it to screw in enough even with the V2 GB installed.

4. (Said above) Cut off some sections of the ASAP plate to make it fit the MBK.

IMG_0373.jpg

Yay it fits :D

IMG_0374.jpg