AR15 Picture Thread

They fit fine in Marui receivers and my Masada. Just not the CA receiver.

I always co-witness my optics when I can. Besides, our issued mounts are L-mounts, and I'm building this to be close to what I do and will carry.

It's an ACM P-Mag, presumably by Waterloo. You can buy them from http://pro--t.com/ and yes, it feeds very well.

thanks! ill be buying a few at some point most likely ;)

-Joe

Edited by masakarijoe
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone own the SOCOM gear DD RIS II in FDE? How's the quality?

Also, can those who own SOPMOD Block II setups post what they got? Thanks!

A guy I talked to with the SOCOM Gear/ACM MK 18 RIS II in FDE who just installed one said quality was very good. Grab one if you can.

Did somebody say Block 2...?

Edited by Hispeed1
DSC_1625.jpg

DSC_1627.jpg

Not based off anything from the show, just named it that as its fully custom

Externals:

King Arms Colt metal body

G&P Jungle Kit RAS

Madbull RAS Fix

Madbull KX3 Flashider

EOTech replica.

Magpul parts:

CTR stock w/Butt pad,DFE

MAID grip, DFE

Magpul Back Up Sights, DFE

Magpul ASAP sling mount

PMAG w/ Ranger plate, DFE

Railcover,DFE

Enhanced trigger guard, DFE

Nice and compact. What is that thing under the EoTech called?

Not sure I like the two-tone finish. Might re-paint it all camo soon.

The tan is a bit light, either repaint the tan areas a darker tan or dust it with brown (don't forget the grip) or repaint everything. Might I also suggest a higher M68 (Aimpoint) mount. The replica Knights, Wilcox, LaRue one's are good. By the way, your birdcage hider is upside down, try to time it right. Nice blaster though.

The tan is a bit light, either repaint the tan areas a darker tan or dust it with brown (don't forget the grip) or repaint everything. Might I also suggest a higher M68 (Aimpoint) mount. The replica Knights, Wilcox, LaRue one's are good. By the way, your birdcage hider is upside down, try to time it right. Nice blaster though.

The tan (krylon btw) looks lighter than it does in person; I see what you are saying though. I’m aware that the birdcage is not on correctly but the grub screw is missing so it’s just screwed on to the point where it stops (which happens to be on sideways). I have a Wilcox mount on the way. Will post update pics soon.

It started out as a CA M15A4 Sportline (full metal)

Any Ideas how to hide the wire?

Sorry about the fuzziness, just a stupid camera.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g77/halo...airsoft/053.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g77/halo...airsoft/054.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g77/halo...airsoft/056.jpg

I would say if you intend to keep the thingy in that location, then drill a hole and run the wire out the back of it (side facing the gun), then drill a hole inbetween the raised parts of the side rail, and run the wire through that- so its all hidden from view behind the thingy. Nice silicon insulated wire will be more flexible, but it shouldnt be too much of a problem- just maybe swap the molex plug for a pair of 4mm bullet plugs, that way they wont get in the way so much- make the hole in thingy and side rail smaller than the bullets but as larger as the wire, to prevent them being pulled though.

Thingy = battery box/ PEQ thingy.

I would say if you intend to keep the thingy in that location, then drill a hole and run the wire out the back of it (side facing the gun), then drill a hole inbetween the raised parts of the side rail, and run the wire through that- so its all hidden from view behind the thingy. Nice silicon insulated wire will be more flexible, but it shouldnt be too much of a problem- just maybe swap the molex plug for a pair of 4mm bullet plugs, that way they wont get in the way so much- make the hole in thingy and side rail smaller than the bullets but as larger as the wire, to prevent them being pulled though.

Thingy = battery box/ PEQ thingy.

too lazy lol

Probably will just wrap it in tape....

nope it started it's life as an WGC custom XM177E1, Colt model 609, I then got an G&P front set to have the correct 11,5 barrel, also with the right thickness, Then got the correct washer for the flashhider, then also installed the tapered delta ring.

I lucked out it already had an open ejection window and the fake bolt, looks great btw when you artificially wear it down, then installed a real deal ejection port cover and heyo presto ! also added real deal "shiny" handguards. they look great

I decide against the CA because the barrel thickness is completely wrong, and the body just looks wrong and ugly, markings also suck, color wise and all. It just looks wrong all over.

The stock is also wrong cause it is the "nineties" type, it has the little reenforcements on each side, two each.

VN era didn't have these. and of course the delta ring on the CA is the wrong type.

I must say that the finish on the G&P is MUCH better then the CA I have seen, you can get it to wear exactly like the real thing

Only thing wrong with mine is that it has an M16A1 body, it is identical to the XM177E2, just that the XM had different markings on the left side, and the "safe", "fire", "auto", markings didn't appear on the XM, It was my best bet because good, correct XM type receivers were made in the past but they are virtual non-findable now, So I decide to leave, I don't mind :P it's like 99,5% now, you can't get any closer