AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/His...%20SF/SF-MC.jpg

Also, i forgot to ask, what front set is that? I want to build one exactly like it!

Cheers, Jim.

-Daniel Defense MK18 RISII in FDE

-Peq15 in FDE

-Insight M6X light in FDE

-Magpul textured pannels in FDE

-10.5 inch outer barrel w/ generic M4 flashider

-Generic M4 metal body

-CAR15 stock

-Magpul PMAG BLK w/ ranger plate (?)

-Magpul Black MIAD (? - looks like there's a back strap)

-Optics: Trijicon ACOG w/ doctor sight and kill flash (?)

Hope that helps

-Shin

Nice molleh, like it. Any plans to do anything with the iron sights so they're out of the way of your red dot?

It might just be me, and i've only got a similar set up on one of my AR's, but i love having a red dot precisely on the tip of a standard AR front sight... it just looks cool.

He may be desiring to run a lower 1/3 cowitness with the Aimpoint and the FSB.

Well yeah, of course, I'm not telling the guy what to do, just wondering. For airsoft purposes I personally prefer to keep any iron sights out of the view through my optic, but obviously that's just personal preference, some people will obviously want a more realistic looking setup.

Thanks Kinnerley!

I like the cowitness setup as it sits, but in the future I'll probably put some flip up sights on it so I can get a clear(er) sight through the Aimpoint if I want.

Unfortunately as you can see in the pics the one side of the Aimpoint had a really poor paint finish. :( It's not too bad in person but in bright light (like a photo flash) it's pretty unsightly. Hopefully some Krylon will make it look a little nicer.

Next up is some rail guards and a light... that'll probably be it for this gun!

-Daniel Defense MK18 RISII in FDE

-Peq15 in FDE

-Insight M6X light in FDE

-Magpul textured pannels in FDE

-10.5 inch outer barrel w/ generic M4 flashider

-Generic M4 metal body

-CAR15 stock

-Magpul PMAG BLK w/ ranger plate (?)

-Magpul Black MIAD (? - looks like there's a back strap)

-Optics: Trijicon ACOG w/ doctor sight and kill flash (?)

Hope that helps

-Shin

Pretty sure thats a specter DR with a doctor sight mate. Although, since the specter is 1x/4x, I'm not to sure why a doctor sight is necessary, barring massive optic failure and lack of BUIS. 

Pretty sure thats a specter DR with a doctor sight mate. Although, since the specter is 1x/4x, I'm not to sure why a doctor sight is necessary, barring massive optic failure and lack of BUIS. 

That's what I thought too.

Since the Spectre DR's can switch from RDS to 4x (I think) - why do you need a doctor sight?

-Shin

I've always justified that by thinking that the operators would leave it on the 4x setting and that its faster to transition to the docter than flipping the switch.

Well yeah, of course, I'm not telling the guy what to do, just wondering. For airsoft purposes I personally prefer to keep any iron sights out of the view through my optic, but obviously that's just personal preference, some people will obviously want a more realistic looking setup.

Yeah I understand that. I was just putting it out there for those who didn't realize that was a reason for the sights being in the way.

Same here with iron sights in my optic's field of view for it's only airsoft for me.

Definitely a Elcan SpecterDR with a doctor sight attached. The reason behind the attached doctor sight may be to keep the finger on the trigger and the rifle on targets and not have to pause to throw that lever to switch between 1x and 4x magnification in the heat of battle. That reason makes sense to me at least.

And you risk loosing/altering the zero by switching back and forth and back and forth.

This too.

Edit: I'm always beating to it.

Edited by Reincarnation...
KJW M4A1 w/ FDE MAGPUL Furniture.

-Piano

Is that a real RIS II? Did you have problems with barrel nut and locking plate spacing? I had to turn down the barrel nut about 2mm and shim the back with an oring, is it a drop in fit on the KJW?

It's the SOCOM Gear model which is supposed to have real steel threading. The barrel nut fits perfectly onto the KJW upper receiver and I used a Park Tool SPA-4 to tighten it down as I didn't want to shell out for a proprietary tool from DD. Initially the bolt up system plate is loose (mainly front and back, the "ears" on it keep it from going side to side too much despite not having the gas tube installed). When you bolt it to the upper rail assembly, it snugs down and is good to go. The upper rail and the bolt up system plate sandwich the barrel nut, and I found that if you tighten the screws at the 3 and 9 o'clock position first before snugging up the 2, 7, 5, and 10 o'clock screws in an X-pattern, the rail is pretty sturdy.

No rethreading of the upper receiver was required.

-Piano

maby but its still the wrong colour :P

Also i'm guessing thats a Pro-Arms L119A1 outer barrel, which is aluminium, he would have to buy the dragonredairsoft steel barrel, and why would he want them both like me :blush:

Edited by stirrat