AR15 Picture Thread

I was super excited until I found out that I can't use the pile of AK mags I have now, and that they took the worst part of a v2 and defiled the v3 with it.

But, whatever, the $500 I had marked for the ACR will probably go to the RS m4. Can't wait to see more of it, especially what they're doing with the hop-up.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was super excited until I found out that I can't use the pile of AK mags I have now, and that they took the worst part of a v2 and defiled the v3 with it.

But, whatever, the $500 I had marked for the ACR will probably go to the RS m4. Can't wait to see more of it, especially what they're doing with the hop-up.

I'm interested to see how it stacks up with my Inokatsu. Price wise it will probably be cheaper and quality will probably be at least the same, if not better. If the WE M14 turns out badly or if third party companies don't start supporting it, my $500 will probably be going to RS too. (No joke, I also have $500 that I was saving for the ACR. :P)

-OGGY

There's going to be a Real Sword M4??? Excited to see how the externals turn out.

Still am interested in the PTS ACR, although the quote of $450 for the basic sort of turned me off.... I was hoping more along the lines of $380

Edited by Whan
for those of you with real AR's. have you tried shooting with a clone eotech and if so how did they fair (hold zero, fully adjustable, ect)?

I have done it out of curiosity.

On semi, it stayed zeroed for half a clip and on auto it it was f$cked up. I hope you are not thinking of using one for your RS.

Edited by lambolurker
I have done it out of curiosity.

On semi, it stayed zeroed for half a clip and on auto it it was f$cked up. I hope you are not thinking of using one for your RS.

smileyconfused.gif

As it has been said, though, the clone EOTechs don't hold up to recoil as well as the clone Aimpoints do.

I would check out the Primary Arms line of clone Aimpoints. They're pretty good (and usable on R/S) from what I've read.

-Vic

Bah, Bushmaster.

Not getting into real steel but Bushmaster AR's are a bit... lacking then some Airsoft guns I've handled.

So I've heard, but I have limited RS experience living in the PRNJ, so I cannot compare my VFC to much. And last I checked, Bushy does count as RS, so the statement of VFC having nicer finish than a RS AR does hold true in a sense. The main point is that VFC has the highest external quality I've ever seen from any AEG manufacturer, and I doubt they will ever be surpassed in their lovely finishing quality.

Edited by Vercingetorix
Well TBH, the finish on my VFC is up to par with a friends Bushy AR, if not better in some places.

OK, but I find that hard to believe. Bushy LE rifles are made of 7075 aluminum and type 3 hard anodized. Maybe the VFC is anodized, but most definitely not type 3 and they are most definitely not made of 7000-series aluminum.

Um, the bushy my friends got is one of the lower end ones, considering it was like $800. I certainly wouldn't say it is "LE grade" or anything fancy, just the basic entry level AR

All I can say is that looking at his Bushy, and comparing it to my VFC in person, the VFC looked much more smooth and even and more pretty. Again, I am not a RS book of knowledge, and I have only one experience to go on, and that too, a limited one, but I;d say VFC finish it pretty far up there in terms of airsoft quality.

Edited by Vercingetorix

Right, this started life as nothing more than an idea - It's built from nothing using an awful lot of expensive parts. I decided, as much as i like my vaguely realistic looking AR's, that i'd always been building and buying guns that look like something i'd already seen. So, i decided i'd have one built that i'd designed from the ground up, with all thoughts of realism out the window. The whole point of this build was to look as badass as i could possibly make it - Kind of anti-milsim :P

I call it the HBRA1 - Hwagan's Badass Rifle, A1. Phone camera pics, unfortunately...

Image278.jpg

Image280.jpg

Image279.jpg

It's made from:

G&P 8mm bearing gearbox, gears and the rest.

Madbull M100 spring, shooting at around 330.

Tokyo Marui EG700

Guarder 300mm TBB

G&P 'Navy Seal' MBK with Ambidextrous mag catch

G&P One piece hop

Madbull Blue bucking, guarder nub

G&P Shorty Marine battery stock

G&P 9.6v 3300Mah battery for the above

Magpul MOE grip

TM ergo VFG

Unknown make Medieval flash-hider/face-ruiner/steak-tenderiser

KA 10.5" silver outer barrel

ICS 'Tsunami' RAS - amazing bit of kit for £60

KA Troy style BUIS

Clone Eotech 552

I love it more than anything i've ever loved, frankly. I've never seen any kind of AR using the same combination of parts, and it really does stand out in a pile of realisticish M4's.