AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, If they beat out VFC, I would be surprised... Seeming as VFC AR's are as nice as a lot of real AR's/

FWIW my VFC SR-16 doesn't feel nicer than my old PTW - its not as tight, and honed and i'm the last person that would want to admit that after the hell i've had with PTWs.

I have every confidence that Real Sword will offer serious competition and its not unlikely that they'll contract the externals to a RS manufacturer anyway.

Tomek, that is amazing! Could we have a parts-list please? :)

Ok, so:

- VFC steel outer barrel and flash hider

- EBB mk18 RIS II, grade A version

- Vltor steel gas block

- G&P Troy front and rear folding battle sight

- KA upper /colt/ and lower /STAG ARMS/ with steel charging handle and mag catch

- G&P pistol grip

- enhanced trigger guard

- VFC stock tube

- Magpul CTR /fde/

- EBB SpecterDR /de/

About specter, fantastic piece of kit. Excellent eye relief, adjustment works fine. I've had TA31 4x with Docter and I thought it was unbeatable. I was wrong. Definitely worth the money!

Edited by Tomek
My MRE finally finished:

I might add a different rear BUIS though and I need to put the Surefire on, but over all it is complete. I can finally focus on the fine details of my early 2000's CAG kit.

Suggestions for early C*G-you may want to go with a Knights Armament forehand grip and rail covers. You might also consider an M951 as mentioned or even a Surefire 6P with a G&G 1" ring mount, a PEQ-2 for a battery box, a Colt LE stock and an Aimpoint M68 with a high mount. But I bet you already know this.

@ Killahaas: I suggest dusting your tan rifle with a little brown Krylon fusion spray paint to tone it down a little, then spraying brown stripes all over it.

Suggestions for early C*G-you may want to go with a Knights Armament forehand grip and rail covers. You might also consider an M951 as mentioned or even a Surefire 6P with a G&G 1" ring mount, a PEQ-2 for a battery box, a Colt LE stock and an Aimpoint M68 with a high mount. But I bet you already know this.

Yeah I am taking some personal prefference liberties with it. Mainly because the crane stock was avaliable and I know it was used, I have the M951 and it is going onto the rifle just in two different spots when the pic was taken. I have a PEQ2 box that was originally sourced for the gun but it is currently sitting on my G36K KSK until I can get a Deans wired LIPO for a PEQ15 box.

I have seen pics of CAG with EOTECHs, Crane stocks, etc. I just prefer the feel of the cranestock for a cheek weld and prefer the EOTECH to an aimpoint I know there is some lee-way for shooter prefference. If I can do it

at my command I know a Tier1 unit can do it. I also wanted to do something a little different than the average CAG MRE out there. most of them are going to have that config and it gets a little cookie cutter after awhile.

Yeah I am taking some personal prefference liberties with it. Mainly because the crane stock was avaliable and I know it was used, I have the M951 and it is going onto the rifle just in two different spots when the pic was taken. I have a PEQ2 box that was originally sourced for the gun but it is currently sitting on my G36K KSK until I can get a Deans wired LIPO for a PEQ15 box.

I have seen pics of CAG with EOTECHs, Crane stocks, etc. I just prefer the feel of the cranestock for a cheek weld and prefer the EOTECH to an aimpoint I know there is some lee-way for shooter prefference. If I can do it at my command I know a Tier1 unit can do it. I also wanted to do something a little different than the average CAG MRE out there. most of them are going to have that config and it gets a little cookie cutter after awhile.

QFT-I too prefer the LMT/Crane SOPMOD stock and EOTech's.

@ Ubar: nice gear there. It is full-of-win.

Ok, so:

- VFC steel outer barrel and flash hider

- EBB mk18 RIS II, grade A version

- Vltor steel gas block

- G&P Troy front and rear folding battle sight

- KA upper /colt/ and lower /STAG ARMS/ with steel charging handle and mag catch

- G&P pistol grip

- enhanced trigger guard

- VFC stock tube

- Magpul CTR /fde/

- EBB SpecterDR /de/

About specter, fantastic piece of kit. Excellent eye relief, adjustment works fine. I've had TA31 4x with Docter and I thought it was unbeatable. I was wrong. Definitely worth the money!

Regarding the Spectre DR, what's the eye relief in inches? $150 USD sounds kinda steep for a Chinese optic....