AR15 Picture Thread

About the LWRCi rifles, here is a cropped reference pic...and by reference pic, I mean Mods, don't kill me for this one. :P

ref1a.jpg

Pictured: A3 w/Magpul and Ergo FDE. Also LaRue UDE, but that is another story. Picture taken under natural light.

LWRCi doesn't consider their rifles to be FDE, which is why they call them MRE...Multi Region Earth.

It looks to me, like FDE, but with a hint of green. It is not as bright as FDE, which, in my humble opinion, makes it more effective.

And Corps mentioned the different shades of MRE that the LWRC rifles have had...here is another cropped reference picture:

crop2h.jpg

The newer REPR rifles will be a gold-ish color. Those pics are available on the LWRC forum.

-Vic

Edited by Victory
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Whats the base? And what happened to the M14?!?

G&P Gearbox. Everything else is all new/Aftermarket :P

M14 was put on hold for a bit. Maybe use my tax return to build it into a good DMR. Moste likely in a few months though.

If the T-1 works good, then keep it. Id rather use a optic that works than one that looks cooler. :D I think it looks amazing.

MAID, AFG,CTR/ACS/UBR stock would look better, but i dont think you want it to magpully.

On the subject of UBR's, i hear you need to remove the whole damn thing to change a lipo in the stock tube - Is this correct, and is removing said UBR a lot of work? I love the look and the concept, but if it requires dismantling half the gun to replace the battery i think i'll give it a miss.

to Leejinwen: your bolt stop and mag-release buttons are a tad small. They must be tough to finger.

to Aznriptide859: looks very Blackhawk Down. ;) Thumbs up! Old school is refreshing for the eyes in this world of 12" rail systems, billet lowers and 300 lumens LED tac-lights.

I'm pretty sure they are M4 guards... From my understanding quite a lot of the earlier carbines were a bit of a mish-mash of parts, so i dunno if it's incorrect to the original... Still, on a gun that nice, who cares?

Also - MY FRIKKIN' MRP ARRIVES ON SATURDAY. I'm so happy i might cry.

I'm pretty sure they are M4 guards... From my understanding quite a lot of the earlier carbines were a bit of a mish-mash of parts, so i dunno if it's incorrect to the original... Still, on a gun that nice, who cares?

Also - MY FRIKKIN' MRP ARRIVES ON SATURDAY. I'm so happy i might cry.

I care, because the M733 style handguards are just 10 x sexier! That would lift the replica from "awesome" to "god made"!

Also - congratulations on your MRP ;)

That's a fair point, they do make it look a little nicer - Ideally with a strip of gaffa tape around them for added awesomeness.

And cheers! I'll be whoring it all over this thread once it turns up, as well as reviewing it. All after i've finished cuddling it, obviously.

^Can't wait.

Yes, they are M4 handguards. I purchased some JG M733 ones, only to find they're longer. Another member told me that RS M733 handguards are the same length as M4 ones, but thinner - they just take some modding to do. Sadly I don't want to put anymore money in this project :(