AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you say that? Could be WAM4s, the one with the POF upper may have had that upper modified for airsoft use. King Arms makes a SW M&P lower.

The SW on the bottom does look pretty convincing because of the M&P stamp on the Samson rail. I think you'd only find that on prebuilt SW ARs. Who knows.

Edited by slu
Why would you say that? Could be WAM4s, the one with the POF upper may have had that upper modified for airsoft use. King Arms makes a SW M&P lower.

The SW on the bottom does look pretty convincing because of the M&P stamp on the Samson rail. I think you'd only find that on prebuilt SW ARs. Who knows.

The King Arms lowers have white trades. http://www.kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=1665

The rails were also another point.

Fine, the middle one could be airsoft, since every GBBR can use anti-rotation links, but the bottom one, I'm almost sure is RS.

I think the bottom 2 guns are both RS, completely.

Correct. Its a 12" POF rail on a GG&G upper receiver. The middle one, however, varies. The only difference between the parts on the AR15 and AEG are the KNS pins. Between the builds, there is no other way to differentiate them (short of seeing whats in the mags).

This is the AEG with parts transferred over:

Img0011.jpg

Ive since replaced the knockoff 553 with a real 551. Acessories aside, the only real tell is the KNS pins and the third safety position. And even still Ive seen people glue them on the AEG :(

I presume that's a RS rail system of some kind QDR? Whereabouts can they be had?

Its a Patriot Ordinance Factory Predator System. The large inner diameter is used for piston conversions on AR15s and is great for housing batteries. The upper AEG has a P9X and the middle has a P12X. They're super nice but are a little pricey. I made a whole writeup about installing the barrel nut and rail onto an AEG if you decide to try it our or see what it involves. Ill try to track it down.

P9X

Img0062.jpg

P12X

DSCN2892.jpg

Side by side

DSCN2494mod.jpg

Cheers!

Its a Patriot Ordinance Factory Predator System. The large inner diameter is used for piston conversions on AR15s and is great for housing batteries. The upper AEG has a P9X and the middle has a P12X. They're super nice but are a little pricey. I made a whole writeup about installing the barrel nut and rail onto an AEG if you decide to try it our or see what it involves. Ill try to track it down.

Someone somewhere definitely needs to get on to replicating these for AEGs...

Definitely would be interested in that guide if you can dig it up mate.

Hot!

Guide or tips?

Spray paint your gun with a desert color paint. No need to cover the gun completely as most of the paint will be removed afterwards.

When the paint is dry take a cloth, put on some acetone and start to rub of the paint. Don't press too hard as it will create some naked spots which will look weird. You want a look as the gun is very dusty and you just wiped off most of the dust with a cloth.

That's basically it... I removed the red dot, PEQ, light, vertical foregrip and stock and did them individually. You will need a good amount of acetone, 200-400 ml. So do it in a good ventilated place, outside is preferred.

Nice gun RacingManiac. Similar to what I would like to build. I also want an opinion on the build I would like to do. I have a standard G&P M4.

I want to get:

Madbull Noveske 10"

Vltor gasblock/ironsight

Magpul CTR stock (FDE)

Magpul MIAD (FDE)

Vltor "flower" Flashhider or Noveske Comp.

Magpul MBUS rear IS or Troy rear IS

What is your 2 cents.