AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RM have you figured out a way to adjust the hop on your one with the Noveske rail? I'm getting an AGM later in the week and I was hoping to get a Noveske rail for it.

Am I right in thinking it's just not the rail that blocks it but the barrel nut as well as iirc dont they have quite a long nut?

nope...right now I have a hop+inner barrel set that has an "unadjustable hop"(missing spring), for short range anyway(210mm inner) hop doesn't matter that much.....this probably will keep the Noveske with the short barrel setup...if it is a problem later on I might get one of those Prime Hop chamber that allows for rear adjustment...

Edited by RacingManiac
Thats a proper gun, not all this magpul bullsh!t

Yes because things that enhance the function and egronomics of you gun are just bullsh!t? Maybe not so influential on AEG's, morso on GBB's, but the RS influence is definitely noteable.

for example, CTR stock with its friction lock, adjust ability of the MIAD, and versatility of the ASAP, or heck even the increased speed with a bad lever.

for example, CTR stock with its friction lock, adjust ability of the MIAD, and versatility of the ASAP, or heck even the increased speed with a bad lever.

Only one part of that made any sense to me, you're gonna have a hard time convincing me that its not bs! :D

Edited by Skarclaw
Do you not play cqb games often - 203 shells are most definately useful there.

+1

Last game I went to, I got blasted in the maze with a 203.

Every since then, I've decided that I must have one for my next build (going old school) :D

-Shin

ps: those new developments from Tornado look promising

Man ARs in the 21st century would definitely have some magpul on it. The reason lots of people buy it cause it's good.

But nothing is practical in airsoft anyway. What's the point of a M203?

nah people just buy it cause all of a sudden 2 guys that work for magpul are the new pinups for ar15.com.

blablabla's gun is where its at B)

Edited by Skarclaw
nah people just buy it cause all of a sudden 2 guys that work for magpul are the new pinups for ar15.com.

Magpul was popular before Travis Haley and Chris Costa joined the company. Frankly I'm all for instructors becoming "pinups" because if it motivates people to get out and LEARN how to use their weapons effectively, then a great service is being done.

99% of people on AR15 shoot their rifles off a bench. Observe horrible muzzle control. And generally don't know their butt from the ejection port.

It's the same issues I observe most airsofters having (muzzle control, etc) just with more dangerous toys.

Even Chris and Travis think the idol thing is way overkill, but if it gets people interested in learning those weapon handling skills then I can completely get behind it.

What always makes me laugh with all the Magpul idolising is the main thing that comes across from the DVDs is the message "use what works for you" then you see people making 100% clones of Chris and Travis' guns with little or no apparent consideration of it will work for them..