AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys.

Hey, OGGY!

Yeah, it's gas, no PMAGs. Just the regular mags are expensive enough, thanks!

I'm a tall guy (6'3") and my arms are long, so I like the vertical grip way out there at the end. And I use it to brace in the Magpul style. It works for me. Someday I'll get a decent picture of myself and show you.

Why don't you just keep them with you?

^ This

I replace all my mags into their pouches, or if pressed for time I use the dump pouch. If you're worried about getting confused as to which mags are fresh and which are spent/used, what I do is putting an empty/used mag back into the pouch I reverse the direction it's facing. That way I can open a pouch and immediately ID if they're usable or not (but generally don't have to as I keep pretty good track of my mags).

If you're dropping them to speed up your reloads have you thort about getting a couple of kydex or plastic mag pouches on your belt? As you bring your hand back up from the dump pouch it will pass them and since there's no velcro or bungies to move it's very quick to remove them.

Believe me, I save my mags whenever possible, but sometimes I just need to drop the mag. Not only that, But I let people barrow mags sometimes, and never see them again. B)

Tell them to pound sand when they ask :)

I carry two Hi-Caps in a pouch on my back and those are for buddy-mags. I hate Hi-Caps and usually stick with my friend who runs a 249, so if his boxmag goes down and it's urgent, he just grabs a hi-cap and lets er' rip. If it's some dude I don't know, I tell them I'm out for exactly the reason you just said.

Do you really find yourself in a situation that demands such a fast reload that you literally have to drop the empty mag to the ground and leave it all that often? I highly doubt it to be honest. Very rarely do I find myself in such a pinch that I have to reload very quickly; usually I can duck behind cover for a moment to reload.

TBH a good dump pouch and some magpul's have never failed me... when its empty it goes in the dump, not on the floor.

I run G&P midcaps in my MP5 and thats it.... i carry 1 hicap and 1 std mag for them "oh Sh!t" moments or if someone i know needs a mag.... i used the same system when i had my M4, G3 etc.... it always worked and i havent lost a mag yet.

I've been in them rare moments when playin CQB that i've needed a quick reload and havent had time to put the mag in the dump pouch so i've let it dangle off my finger on the magpul till i've managed to get out the way....

To me i'd rather take a hit than drop the mag that cost me £20 odd quid.... to me £20 odd quid is a couple of bags of nappies for my daughter.....

It just doesnt make sense to just drop em and carry on :huh:

*AL* aka Lofty

Yes. Playing with pistols against AEG wielding newbies in CQB.

I tend to just keep hold of the pistol mag in that situation.

This thread seems to be going slightly off topic so here's an M4 (apologies for the bad lighting)

SDC10664.jpg

Edited by evansy

A recent aquisition: ICS M4 RIS. Bit confused, as the flashhider is immidiately after the ris, after the ris cap ring thing. If i put a normal 2 piece barrel on, and then continue to use this screw cap and the ics delta ring, will it all work? Or do i need to go for one of those screw on barrel extender things. Anyway, piccies:

pic0059kl.jpg

pic0060f.jpg

My still in progress ver2 WE M4A1 shortened to CQB length.

m4_cqb_01.jpg

Non-WE parts so far:

- G&P RIS set

- G&P vertical grip

- G&P ladder panel covers

- Burris Fastfire RDS

- King Arms quick detach scope mount

- King Arms Troy-style rear folding sight

- Magpul PTS ASAP sling mount

- ACM Magpul CTR stock

Took a few pictures today (by a few I mean like...23...), but I'll only post a couple (by a couple I actually mean like 2 or 3. If I can help myself. :P )

Light setup:

DSCN2644.jpg

Medium setup:

DSCN2654.jpg

DSCN2656.jpg

Medium-suppressed setup:

DSCN2659.jpg

DSCN2660.jpg

Heavy setup:

DSCN2666.jpg

DSCN2665.jpg

Okay I lied. I couldn't resist posting a bunch of pictures. :P

Next weekend I'll try to get some better pictures in more light, and if some new stuff comes I'll get some pics of my CQBR too.

Edited by Kiki-Jiki