AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next step into building my C7A2:

A few parts are still missing (recoil pad, TRIAD rail) but I'm working on it. ;)

I have seen alot of pics of C7A2's without the triad rail and a few wit small rails added to the A3 handguards. But a guy like learch knows alot more than I seeing as how they are canucks and all that :)

I have seen alot of pics of C7A2's without the triad rail and a few wit small rails added to the A3 handguards. But a guy like learch knows alot more than I seeing as how they are canucks and all that :)

The small rails come with the new CADEX folding grips, most units have spare rails so guys can pick them up to attach their PEQ2/PAQ4's ahead of the Elcan/Eotech instead of on the Triad. There's also many folks who have bought aftermarket RIS drop-in kits for their rifles (usually the Knights Armament models) and just leave the Triad off, or turn it around.

Personally, this is my current setup...

IMG00038.jpg

I keep the Elcan in a grab-bag on my dash.

Oui, most combat arms units here are leniant when it comes to field time, and especially overseas. I've got buddies in most regt's that have either gotten extra rails or dropped in KA rails on their C7's or C8's and made use of them to mount their kit.

The only thing is that they have to be drop-in like the M5 is. If you need to remove the d-ring to mount it (like some of the DD rails) then it's no go as it's seen as a permanent modification to your weapon.

thanks, bro. what's a matter with young generation anyway? they like no more the classic look. :D

I think it looks good. Just a few suggestions:

• Maybe replace the rear BUIS with a 300M KAC
  • Try using a barrel mounted side sling swivel
  • Try using a regular military mount - it looks like you have the low mount? It might be more comfortable with the "standard" height.
I wouldn't go so far as saying a SOPMOD set up is a "classic". Regardless, I like it. Edited by BaBaBooey
I think it looks good. Just a few suggestions:

• Maybe replace the rear BUIS with a 300M KAC
  • Try using a barrel mounted side sling swivel
  • Try using a regular military mount - it looks like you have the low mount? It might be more comfortable with the "standard" height.
I wouldn't go so far as saying a SOPMOD set up is a "classic". Regardless, I like it.

BaBaBooey: agree. But for mounting, i use L-shape military high mounting as regularly used by US standard M4.