AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an awful shame... Seems to me like CA were overly influenced by Gold EO's and Acog's and whatnot. Thankfully i prefer black to FDE anyway, so when i finally find one i won't have the same problem :D

While i'm on the subject, anyone know if a CA upper receiver will go easily onto a G&P lower?

BUT THE TRAAAAAAAAAAAAADES!

The loss of trades I can probably live with in this situation. You'd loose the trades on the upper receiver and the dot matrix on the right side of the mag well. Other than that, the rest are all stamped/engraved deeply enough to be okay after a painting. I'd use Alumahyde II Coyote on the receiver, and Alumahyde II Earth Brown on the rail. Though, at this point, I'd be more inclined to buy the black version of the M6A2 and just call it good. That particular FDE just isn't my taste.

Edited by uscmCorps

True that... Still, i know personally i'd rather have the black one - I know it's anal and all, but the trademarks make me feel somehow special and warm... I'd hate to paint over them :( I generally prefer black or OD over FDE/Tan, but i guess if CA have tried to imitate the real deal's paintjob it's a good bit of attention to detail.

Edited by hwagan

My WE with the new scope, Magpul FDE bits and Earth Brown paint:

SDC10501.jpg

The Aluma-Hyde turned out nice; I might spray the receivers next. The HALO and T-1 are coming off and I'm either going to use a stubby suppressor or find a new outer barrel.

Nice! Whats the base? And what happened to the M14?!?

Magpul parts came in today. mbuis is nice for a clone, ASAP plate looks like ######, and had to be dremeld to fit, but its nice, and the MS2 sling or whatever is nice, but i cant figure out what the spare loop in the material is for. Any one know?

IMG_2237.jpg

And this is what the body really looks like. Its quite nice.

IMG_2243.jpg

Not a fan of the T1s looks, but its nice to use. I think it ruins the look totally.

IMG_2233.jpg

Edited by BigBabyMoses06