AR15 Picture Thread

Nice gun RacingManiac. Similar to what I would like to build. I also want an opinion on the build I would like to do. I have a standard G&P M4.

I want to get:

Madbull Noveske 10"

Vltor gasblock/ironsight

Magpul CTR stock (FDE)

Magpul MIAD (FDE)

Vltor "flower" Flashhider or Noveske Comp.

Magpul MBUS rear IS or Troy rear IS

What is your 2 cents.

Sounds fine, are you planning to build one with a 14" or 16" barrel? You need to use a mock gas tube of a mid-length gas system though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My "woodland" setup

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1806/dsc03433h.th.jpg[/i

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2827/dsc03431.th.jpg[/im

I am looking for a new receiver so that I can have this one and a CQB one. So that I can switch from woodland to CQB just by switching receivers....

Is that a UBR stock with compartment cover removed?

Noveske: Have you built anything with a KAC URX rail yet? Because I think you should.

I have in the past. But that was way back when they were a bit more popular... I'll try to dig up some pictures. Now you can just get a VFC/GP/KA SR15/SR16 that has the URX rail series on them that look fab out of the box. I'm now more into building "frankensteins" from scratch rather than just taking an "out-of-the-box" product and adding some rail covers, stocks and grips on them. I guess this makes my builds ever-so-much more fun and enticing. The URX honestly isn't one of my favourite rail systems (too boring perhaps?) and you'll probably notice that rarely do any of my builds exceed carbine length barrels (I like to skirmish without having my barrel smack the ground when I kneel down).

Moriquende, is that the KA? How is it?

Indeedy.

It's absolutely awesome, exept for the stock, which is wobbly as hell. The selector feels kinda weird, but that can probably be fixed and isn't much of a problem.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet(no battery :(), but atleast the trigger seems to be nice and smooth.

Overall I'd say that the externals are waaaay better than G&P, the same probably applies to the mechbox.

Well worth the money. Especially for the price WGC are selling for. :)

Edit:

It's supposed to have a charging handle in the pic, but I kinda broke it. :unsure:

Edited by Moriquende
Overall I'd say that the externals are waaaay better than G&P, the same probably applies to the mechbox.

Seriously? My KA VIS was nothing on a G&P... wobbliest stock i've ever used, worst possible battery wiring configuration, wobbly lower half of the rail, and the paint wasn't anything special either... Can't say i found the mechbox that great, and the motor was slower than a hillbilly in a mathematics exam...

Did i get a lemon, or did King Arms just fail miserably on the VIS? I think they did...

I can only compare to my G&P M16A3, but the fit and finish is better on the KA.

The G&Ps mechbox also broke 10 min into it's first skirmish with a total round count of less than 400.

Edited by Moriquende
I can only compare to my G&P M16A3, but the fit and finish is better on the KA.

The G&Ps mechbox also broke 10 min into it's first skirmish with a total round count of less than 400.

well im sure if you had some newer G&P`s now days i think you would disagree also. hwagens and noveke`s G&P LMT MRP`s are awsome the one piece upper is finished alot better than the VIS. (well thats my opinion)