New model you want to be made!

Frontiers

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have pretty negative attitude, like Japanese for instance they started same like Chinese cloning everything that was made in Germany back in the days, if you look back last 2 years in China airsoft comparing those times, i would say Chinese airsofts have gone leaps and bounds up bigtime, and there will be a time when they start eventually making their own designs, some of the bigger factories could try it out now, keep the spirit up it wont happen if you dont wish and try ;)

Jake

Yes, they have come on in leaps and bounds. They have made far better copies of existing products than ever before.

As for original products that had a development phase, let me think... JLS SCAR L required some cosmetic design work and the JLS F2000 required them to modify a V2 gearbox (god knows why they didn't build the F2000 gearbox with a V3 upper but, meh!) and develop the external shell as well. Well done JLS. You deserve a medal for producing something original while all those around you simply make money by creating copies.

Incidentally, on that note, I assume JLS is not part of the usual chinese circle-jerk of clone makers since nobody else has brought out an F2000 or SCAR? :unsure:

Anyway, I can only comment based on what I've already seen and, as I say, given that the current line-up of JG guns are 100% copies of existing products, it seems a bit pointless asking them to build something original.

I bet the JG factory doesn't even have CNC equipment or a prototyping department.

As I said, from what I've seen I think you'd be better off pleading your case(s) to a company like ICS (or JLS) who do seem to have a policy of just playing around with stuff and coming up with fresh ideas of their own.

*EDIT*

Incidentally, I've got nothing against daydreaming about what guns we want. :)

In fact, I'm all for having some kind of official vote on the matter.

We could make nominations for a week, then make a poll of the top 10 nominations and vote for them.

After we were done we could send the results off to a whole bunch of manufacturers so they know exactly how we feel.

I just think it's a bit silly assuming JG will build us an M82 until somebody else makes one first.

Well, I'm sure that if JG do actually make a gun that we choose and it's a completely original gun and not a clone, Stealthbomber will be only too happy to take his hat off to them.

I'm still going to suggest the full metal Uzi though, because - now be honest people - we're all thinking the same thing:

If it comes down to a choice between two guns and one of them already exists from another manufacturer, which one are they going to choose to make?

1. The brand new fresh piece of paper AEG based on an existing realsteel design, which they'll have to engineer from scratch?

2. The one they can clone quickly (to meet that end-of-year deadline), and has already got a proven sales record to show there's a market out there for it?

I've gotta be totally honest, I'll pick number 2 please, Cilla. Now, that being the case, what gun would I want to see when the screen rolls back*? A nice heavy metal Uzi please.

Still, it does no harm to dream - you never know, they might be up for a challenge, eh?

*For those of you not getting this, I'm doing an incredibly witty take on Blind Date, but with airsoft guns. Work with me people.

Yes, they have come on in leaps and bounds. They have made far better copies of existing products than ever before.

As for original products that had a development phase, let me think... JLS SCAR L required some cosmetic design work and the JLS F2000 required them to modify a V2 gearbox (god knows why they didn't build the F2000 gearbox with a V3 upper but, meh!) and develop the external shell as well. Well done JLS. You deserve a medal for producing something original while all those around you simply make money by creating copies.

Incidentally, on that note, I assume JLS is not part of the usual chinese circle-jerk of clone makers since nobody else has brought out an F2000 or SCAR? :unsure:

Anyway, I can only comment based on what I've already seen and, as I say, given that the current line-up of JG guns are 100% copies of existing products, it seems a bit pointless asking them to build something original.

I bet the JG factory doesn't even have CNC equipment or a prototyping department.

As I said, from what I've seen I think you'd be better off pleading your case(s) to a company like ICS (or JLS) who do seem to have a policy of just playing around with stuff and coming up with fresh ideas of their own.

at this point only factories really that could push up something really new would be either Jing Gong or Double Eagle (i dunno but i have a feeling they will release something very different soon) But JG at the current growth rate is biggest factory in output for Chinese made guns to outside, so they surely have the Money and means to do them, they are pushing more new designs or going metal than many other factories. So lets cross the fingers and hope they really try to do what say and push new models out. But there is a way to help it aswell, after we have chosen the candidates make good and ready information with pictures ready to them, the more we can provide information to them the more likely they can consider it to be done , so some research falls on us but this big community i could figure out is no biggie :)

I'm still going to suggest the full metal Uzi though, because - now be honest people - we're all thinking the same thing:

Indeed, the TM is a pretty good gun stock and really if they just cloned it and added a metal gearbox shell most people would be happy, add that and metal body and they'll be onto a winner but at the same time annoy the hell out of people with Zeke kits....

Theres also the old Marushin UZI AEG they could clone but its a rather odd system inside it.

PSG-1 would be nice and although i'm a big fan of G3 based guns the TM PSG-1 isn't that usefull in airsoft (afterall, how many do you see being used?), a PSG-1 with a V2 box inside and a few modifications would be the better option imho.

SMLE No4 (not a springer or a shell ejecting)

SLR that would make me buy 2 lol a proper SLR not one of these argentine full auto ones, semi auto FTW (coming from a support gunner thats a weird thing to hear lol )

GPMG come on you know you should lol

or a L86 LSW that would be nice as you dont see many

i'd like to see some WWII "support" weapons

MG42 for the Jerries,

BAR for the Yanks

and obviously the BREN for us Brits haha :)

But if were talking less ambitious projects, I think a PSG1, based on a standard V2 box instead of that crazy thing the TM one has... Even if it had automatic (Not one for the realists) but it would make it a little more practical to build.

A proper RPK with an ak drum mag that isn't full on gash!

and deffinately a Bizon :)

but i'd love the top three haha :D

I dunno why everybody is crying out for things that already exist.... Ah well.

Personaly, I'd like to see a Tavor, Lee-Enfield No. 4 (not shell ejecting, as said above) or an Uzi.

Hell, probably the uzi... =D If JG do make it, then I'd be pleased if they took out the silly "real-shock" thingy that marui put in.

Metal would be good, and even if there was the full stock version that'd be even better! =D

I'm trying to think logically here... I think a full metal Uzi would be easy for JG to make. I don't seem to be alone in thinking so, either :) Make it hit over 300 with solid internals and I'd definitely buy one.

Aside from that, I don't think it'd be impossible for JG to make a Barrett M82... they'd just have to get the molds for the old M82A1 M733 conversion, slap a base Armalite in there, and bam, you've got an affordable .50 cal that nubs would go crazy for. It'd be kinda like what they're doing with that Poseidon IkaZuchi kit, but with a Hurricane M82 kit instead. Makes perfect sense - I think it's entirely possible.

Other existing models I'd like to see cloned: VFC BAR, an Shoei/Asahi MG42 (impossible, I know) MAYBE a TM PSG1 with non-retarded gearbox.

And if they were making something original? I'd like to see a Tavor.

A Sterling

A LSW with metal SUSAT red dot

Tavor

SLR with wood furniture

Any full metal Russian support gun.

I'd like to say,it's good being able to leave feedback & possibly influance what a manufacturer makes.

RT B)

Oh,& a full metal Colt 1911 that works & is cheap & a Galil & Lee Enfield{unusual but definately doable}

At a realistic standpoint, I think they should make a good SA80. Perhaps copy the STAR one but with better internals?

I also suggest them to get the rest of the SIG series: The SIG 550 and 551. Make a few changes on their existing 552 mold and they are set. If they truly want to get a hold of the SIG market, make the SIG 556 too.

For something original, I vote a shotgun too. I dunno what model but if its reliable and without the hassle, I am in.

Also someone suggested a Markarov. I would love one but not from JG to be honest, but I really want one. Yes, I am looking at you TM and WA.

Archived