New model you want to be made!

Frontiers

Ok so some of the top names coming up are the SMLE No.4, Tavor, RPK, RPD, PKM, Uzi and ww2 springer rifles. All of those sound good, but if they are only going to give us one production model by Christmas then we really need to figure out the best 3. From an ease of design standpoint the SMLE can be either the easiest or hardest to design. There are not any SMLE's to clone so you have to go through and design the whole gun or you can tweak a K98k design and fit it into a SMLE body. For the Tavor, you have to design the gun from the ground up as well so that will lower its chances as the winner by the holidays. The Ruski lmg's sound great but its gonna be a nightmare to make and ship these things out durring the holiday season. Face it ppl its a machine gun with a ###### load of parts and it is gonna take some assembly time. The Uzi seems like the most practical design for JG to mass produce by Christmas because they can clone TM. Now I have another suggestion JG, how about working with your pre-existing Drauganov and making one that actually looks like a damn drauganov? Its not that hard and if it was done it would sell like legal weed! Oh and I saw that someone asked for special edition guns, I like that idea alot. Think of a gold Drauganov or AK, that would be bad *albatross*. Just my well thought out and boredom induced 2 cents.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I promise I'll stop banging on about the Uzi in a minute, but I just wanted to add:

If they can come up with a mechanism like the TM Mac 10 hicaps so we can have 300-400rnd mags for it, that would be good too. Yeah I know, so not milsim but I'd prefer not to have to get some more pouches and fork out for spare mags (though I just know that's exactly what I'd end up doing anyway).

Right, on to something else:

Vector CR-21?

XM-29 OICW?

WA2000?

CheyTac LRRS?

FG42 - Now THAT would be awesome, never been done before, and it could take midcaps to combat the side-loading hi-cap troubles. Would need a new hop-up design however, but at ACM prices - I'd buy it.

Tell me that isnt freakin' sweet http://www.modelguns.co.uk/images/fg42blk4.jpg

http://www.modelguns.co.uk/images/fg42blk6.jpg

I promise I'll stop banging on about the Uzi in a minute, but I just wanted to add:

If they can come up with a mechanism like the TM Mac 10 hicaps so we can have 300-400rnd mags for it, that would be good too. Yeah I know, so not milsim but I'd prefer not to have to get some more pouches and fork out for spare mags (though I just know that's exactly what I'd end up doing anyway).

Isn't the MAC 10 mags bigger? The TM UZI hicaps hold 220, which is decent considering the size of them.

Erm, it was JLS who cloned the Hk33 not JG :P

Half of the suggestions in this thread will never happenas Stealth said, and people, you DON'T want a clone of the STAR FNC, its just not worth it (although it means a cheap source of hopup units for mine!)

Full metal UZI seems the best one, and i'd happily go with one of those for my collection :)

Sorry, I got a bit giddy there for a minute.

Still, I have this idea that is burning a hole in my head from the inside....

The other thing which JG should really consider is the following:-

Airsofters are a fickle bunch who daydream a helluva lot.

Take a look at the number of people who are asking for machine-guns or M82s etc.

They are pretty large lumps of metal, by any stretch of the imagination.

It seems to me that, of all the people who claim they'll buy such a gun, the quality will dictate that the price is too high for some prospective owners or, conversely, if they keep the price low then it's entirely likely the end product won't be high enough quality for others.

Finally, there's another, significant, segment of the community who just pay lip-service to buying new items and then, in fact, never do.

As a result the actual market for an item can end-up vastly smaller than this sort of thread might suggest.

Archived