lightsabre pictors!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my baby. Always on me, whereever I go. It's got a yellow blade that's about 3 1/2 feet long. The hilt is a few inches longer than an average saber hilt (12") and the activation button is on the bottom of the hilt instead of on the side.

post-2777-1115781700_thumb.jpg

post-2777-1115781737_thumb.jpg

post-2777-1115781754_thumb.jpg

mine isnt photoshopped, it's one of these lightsabers that have a long plastic tube on the hilt which you can turn the light on and off, we we're playing with it in one of those big toy shops when we went to the new york.

They use electroluminescent technology to power the blades.

Back in the day they actually had plasma filled glass tubes that simulated the ignition process of a lightsaber.

It was pretty cool.

They use electroluminescent technology to power the blades.

Back in the day they actually had plasma filled glass tubes that simulated the ignition process of a lightsaber.

It was pretty cool.

Indeed. Nowadays, the new front of lightsaber "technology" is Luxeon LED blades. They're bright as hell --at least three times the brightness of any EL saber I've handled. Here's a pic of a friend with two made by another friend named Shannon. Both are Luxeon LED sabers, with digital pitch sensor sound, force feedback, built in charging ports for the battteries, and *extremely* durable polycarbonate blades for excessive dueling.

This pic and the other one with three sabers (which are EL wire sabers, not LED) are NOT photoshopped in anyway.

post-6184-1115928558_thumb.jpg

post-6184-1115928643_thumb.jpg

Edited by KyberAuZ

Its really amazing how far this technology has come along.

I remember about seven years ago how cool i thought those plasma blades were.

I even bought an original graflex 3 cell flash in order to build luke skywalkers lightsaber from a new hope. I think i still have it sitting around here somewhere.

Edited by Magsz
wow! i want one!

You and phish can PM me and I'd be glad to set you up with my sabersmith contacts ASAP. That way we won't clog up the forums. Price for the LED sabers varies depending on the complexity of the hilt's design, and of course how many/which upgrade options you choose. 6 days 'till the premiere...

-Z

Darth Armalite Vs Obi-wan RPK

"It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of airsoft... but by our skills with a lightsaber."

Had a bit of Kendo training, plus used to fence and I LARP regualrly. This should be interesting....

Gotta get Wibb to film it.....

Edited by Ghost_Rider

Your Larping skills are no match for the power of the dark re-enactor, old man...^_^

Oh...hang on. I'm the old man! :unsure:

Erk...*spins around mid-combat for no reason and then evaporates into a pile of clothing*

Edit: do you have two proper light sabres Ghost? I only have a cheapo £1 knock-off of Darth Maul's that I was bought as a joke years ago... ^_^

Edited by Marlowe