lightsabre pictors!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you're a million or more years old! Even Yoda would be amazed.

Anyway, so, just roughly, how much force (no pun intended) could you put behind a swing without the blade, well, smashing?

And yeh, I was wondering about the endcaps too, heh.

EDIT: My ''when I win the lottery'' plan:

- 2 x Luke ROTJ style green saber

- 1 x Anakin AOTC style blue lightsaber

- 1 x Mace AOTC style purple blade

- 1 x Obi-Wan TPM style blue sword

- 1 x Dooku AOTC style red one.

Haha, never gonna happen unless I sell my kidneys and my grandma, but that'd be my wish list.

EDIT 2: How much would the ones that the second link went to be if the bloke were to sell them?

Edited by ColDaz

Hey ColDaz, 'not to rub it in your face, but I actually have all of those on your list :)

All are ELs, except the Dooku and Mace, which are just the hilt (MR and a custom job, respectively).

And regarding the "force" you could put behind these, go out and get some 480 PSI, 3/4" OD 1/2" ID PVC pipe and swing that around. That's about what they feel like (weight, impact feedback, wobble, etc). The polycarb blades will take a bit more impact than this grade of PVC -plenty to get your fighting rocks off.

Oh and magsz, Jeff didn't make plasma sabers. He's always been an EL guy. You may be thinking of Matt, an early pioneer in the plasma saber side of the industry.

-Z

EDIT: Coldaz, Randy (the sabersmith in the second link) can give you an exact quote for his sabers. The price depends on availability (since they're all limited runs) and intricacy. Keep in mind these guys I'm referring y'all to are the leaders in the industry and not the run of the mill weekend saber builder, so expect to pay for the level of quality they alone can offer (i.e., multi-coat anodizing, CNC detail, Deuce tech drivers, etc).

Edited by KyberAuZ

As for those of us who have better things to spend money on than plastic replica light sabres (like plastic replica firearms... :D ), does anyone know where you can get those cheap kid's light sabres from? I think I might as well get a half decent sabre to thwap Ghost with. I'd hate to damage his ego too much...^_^

Just about any toy store or retail outlet should have the plastic "kiddie" lightsabers. Especially right now with Ep. 3 just a couple of days away!!!! I can't even walk down some aisles at the store without tripping on Star Wars ######.

Hannibal

hey vicks... now... i got a kinda childish question to ask.

Are those things just forlooks or can they take a bash or two?

I'd hate to pay £200 or however much they cost for a pair and break them the minute I get them out the box.  :P

as said before, I really should stick to bamboo sticks :rolleyes:

heh well, i think they can take a bit of fighting, nothing to vigerous though mind, what was call is you can turn the light on and off and it makes *sound like a light saber igniting* at the touch of a button, it also made the clashing sound when two lightsabers hit, was pretty fun playing with in the shop :P cost about $170, was very tempted to buy one :P:rolleyes:

If anyone's planning on spending that sort of money on a sabre, I really reccommend taking up a hobby that will enable you to use it without looking like a twit. There's a range of martial arts that involve using the sword, and any re-enactment societies (eg the professional outfits, rather than those laughable organisations that proliferate America), will enable you to at least learn the basic parries and ripostes etc. I still occasionally catch myself practicing them for no reason, even now...^_^

If anyone's planning on spending that sort of money on a sabre, I really reccommend taking up a hobby that will enable you to use it without looking like a twit. There's a range of martial arts that involve using the sword, and any re-enactment societies (eg the professional outfits, rather than those laughable organisations that proliferate America), will enable you to at least learn the basic parries and ripostes etc. I still occasionally catch myself practicing them for no reason, even now...^_^

Indeed, I agree, and then again I do not. It depends on the individual and the artform, I guess. Having practiced Kenjutsu (Classical Japanese swordsmanship) for 12 years, I can say that often times a new member whose intention for studying the Art is solely to learn "how to fight like a ninja", or, in this case, "a jedi", are harshly frowned upon by any serious practitioner. However, that is not to say that one should not undertake such study; that is, in fact, how I began those many years ago.

There are many legitimate institutions which teach sword techniques, and I emphasize, techniques, which do not require rigorous study or sacrifice as does a total, comprehensive martial art. These can advocate a range of swordplay techniques, from Western to Eastern (in all their various respective subforms), and even some, more obscure schools (like those found in Tahiti). To those planning on buying a saber for display, have at it. To those buying to fight, have at it too, but do be careful. If anything, the desire to fight/play SAFELY should move one to seek out a teacher. Even basic moves and stances can assure not only a safer duel, but actually a more exciting one. Who doesn't get bored watching two guys hitting and blocking in the same place and at the same interval every single time? And moreover, who doesn't want to avoid having an eye poked out or a bone broken by reckless play? There is no honor in that (But it does hurt like a #####, trust me).

Be safe,

AuZ

Oh, and I think I've responded to all of your PMs and emails, guys. Just two of you need pictures, and that should be it. If I missed anyone, let me know. Thanks.

these are of my Force FX lightsaber, which I used to duel with at the RotS premiere. I bought it for that specific purpose since I didn't have a blade for my custom one yet. Speaking of which, this summer, I'm putting a lighttech yellow blade in my custom.

post-2777-1116628688_thumb.jpg

post-2777-1116628703_thumb.jpg

post-2777-1116628715_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a couple from my collection:

MuseumStuff2.jpg

Close up:

OB1s.jpg

These two use a British WW1 rifle grenade body as part of the handle. If any of you UK airsofters know where some deactivated ones are, please advise. They are hard to find in the US.

Edited by eltee
is that a fett blaster I see?

and is that two .22 LR rounds in front of that whacky zippo?

That blaster is from an old movie, Forbidden Planet (w. Robbie the Robot). The Zippo is a spy gun that holds the .22's but it is a movie prop so we are not talking about real guns and ammo on this site.