WE vs WA

Stealthbomber

I used mine at the weekend ,mag was fine but the bolt stop eventually broke but did not stop it firing and other than taking the hop unit apart and putting it back together properly i think the bolt stop is all i would need to replace or upgrade at the moment.

I will of be replacing other part's to make it as reliable as possible, but that is why i bought this gbb rather than any of the other's brand as it was so cheap i don't mind tinkering with it to make it the way i want it ,rather than spending more on another brand only to start with a gbb the way the manufacturers wanted it and still having to spend money on it.

Not sure that makes sense but i alway's buy a airsoft rif and change it to the way i want to work are look so does not make sense to me to spend more than i need to on some thing i would change part's out on

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure the WA is a great gun and if I had gone that route I would probably be proud of it's slightly better resemblance to the real thing, but the "OMG the brass looks so fake it hurts my EYEZZZ" comments crack me up every time. Since hot casings are not being ejected to the tune of a 160dB+ muzzle report, no open GBB chamber is particularly realistic. I was in a shop when a WA owner first pointed out the horrifying bolt on my WE and it was all I could do to keep a straight face.

I was on the verge of importing an AGM M4 along with the parts to fix it and some GHK mags, but at the last minute I bought a used WE, chrome TB, some C02 mags and nozzle kit locally--a decision driven by my impatience. The total cost (gun+required upgrades+mags) was similar.

Does anyone actively skirmish with the WE C02 mags? I'm not concerned about cold weather, the FPS is fine for where I play, and the increased range more than makes up for the low capacity. Aside from cost, I'm having trouble seeing the downside. I might even sell my AEGs (for the $50 mags lol) and use gas weapons exclusively; they're more fun and that's why I'm playing in the first place.

Shooting my GBB puts a smile on my face. ;)

QFT

I don't really care what you personally hate or not.

When you have three airsoft sniper rifles like me, you tend to refer to them as 'the snipers'.

Ben.

Could be worse.

"Longs"

How could you say it's spot on if you've never tryed it? :rolleyes:

Ben.

If it's as *suitcase* as spence says, its spot on. It's an AR, get over it. :P

As for the AR, they are teh sechs.

Ben.

That's cuz u've not ever had to actually use a real one in the military. Not that their replacement was any better. Hah. You know a gun's bad when I say I'd rather have the AR than the replacement (SAR-21).

Are you even meant to be posting in this thread? Do you own a WE or an AGM/WA GBB rifle?

No?

Outttttttttt!!!

:lol:

Ben.

I've fired a real steel M-16 as well has had to clean one, maintain one, handle one... If we're talking about the feel of an airsoft GBB AR feeling cheap in the hand, I think I can stay and reassure the people who've bought one that they've not bought a lemon ;)

Actually, we're debating the effectiveness and overall win-ness of the two main GBBR systems in common usage at the moment - the WE and the WA/AGM.

Neither of which you own, or have seen :bleh:

Ben.

EDIT:: Also, RS knowledge counts for very little in a sport that uses toys to fire plastic balls at players. So :bleh:

Actually yes I've seen them. Cooped a feel too. A few DAs tote them around. Shh don't tell them I molested their darlings.

And yes GBB is win because it feels most like the real steel, too bad it's an AR GBB. And the fact that you have bought one means you wish you had a go with the REAL thing *cough*like me*cough*

Ben, trying to play elitist much? ;)

The reason I bought one is because I like GBB's, and gas guns in general ;)

And if you want to talk about the real thing, we have a thread for that, don't we? You can get all geardo with the AR junkies in there.

But it is pretty sexy!

Which reminds me. Can the AGM use green gas stock? I'm pretty sure the WA one can't, right?

Ben.

Actually, the thing is, GBBs will always have their special appeal. No amount of talk about praticality and price will put people off getting one, and having an AGM means people who've been held back on price might just join the club.

As for actually buying one, it would be nice to walk into someplace and compare them side by side, fire them off a bit. Sadly, not many places to do that, in UK at least.

The reason I bought one is because I like GBB's, and gas guns in general ;)

But it is pretty sexy!

Which reminds me. Can the AGM use green gas stock? I'm pretty sure the WA one can't, right?

Ben.

You're telling someone who has 5 GBB pistols, 3 GBB SMGs and a Gas Tanaka revolver? Thats like telling me girls are sexy. Its just too bad its an AR. ARs are NOT sexy. You only have one because its the only GBB assault rifle thats anywhere near fieldable. Or maybe you just likes being speshul forces :P

I'd kill for a GBB G3 or G36. Why doesn't anyone make one :(

Come down to EAG Worthing! I have the WE, and Spence has the AGM!

Also, WE are releasing loads of different models; SCAR, MP5, L85, M249, M14, etc...

No excuse, cheapskate! If you want one, in a few months, I guess you'll have quite a bit more choice.

And the AGM is only on the first version. Maybe they'll fix the problems if they release an updated one? Althought I'm pretty sure they won't change the internals - I guess they're trying to keep it cheap!

Ben.

EDIT:: I have a lot of gas guns ;) Also, G36 lovers must die.

AGMs can use green gas stock.

And PunkyPink, you must be on some funky stuff, LMAO :D

Seriously, are the Singaporean M16S that bad? Friends of mine keeps complaining how it wouldn't fire off a mag before it jams, is that true?

I used the A1s before it was plasticy (not ABS plasticy but just plasticy) but it fires ok. Damn rate of fire was high.

As for the only GBBR that is fieldable, one forgets the Mini UZI. My SBO has never felt heavier with 6 solid-as-bricks UZI mags.

Come down to EAG Worthing! I have the WE, and Spence has the AGM!

Also, WE are releasing loads of different models; SCAR, MP5, L85, M249, M14, etc...

No excuse, cheapskate! If you want one, in a few months, I guess you'll have quite a bit more choice.

And the AGM is only on the first version. Maybe they'll fix the problems if they release an updated one? Althought I'm pretty sure they won't change the internals - I guess they're trying to keep it cheap!

Ben.

EDIT:: I have a lot of gas guns ;) Also, G36 lovers must die.

The KJW one? Yea its nice to have choice. Thing is, I told u, love hate relationship with the AR. The only reason as i said b4, that I'm tempted by one is nostalgia. And maybe because theres not many other GBB assault rifles. When's Worthing next? This weekend's Dorking right?

I know for sure that as more GBB ARs come out, the price will drop. Cheap enough, and I might get one.

Seriously, are the Singaporean M16S that bad? Friends of mine keeps complaining how it wouldn't fire off a mag before it jams, is that true?

I used the A1s before it was plasticy (not ABS plasticy but just plasticy) but it fires ok. Damn rate of fire was high.

Sadly, its true. Then again, I've fired off max 5 live rounds per mag. Have fired off an entire mag on full auto with blanks for anti-air drills without a stoppage, but the carbon fouling also fouls our mood. Overall though, as far as the M-16 S1 is concerned: WE HATE THE DAMN THING! :angry:

However the SAR-21, the M16-S1's replacement is SO dire that its been unofficially recalled and the M-16s pressed back into service. The commandos and guardsmen were the 1st units to revert back to the M-16.

Edit: Had to emphasis how *suitcase* the M-16 S1 was with an extra emoticon.

Worthing is next Sunday.

And can we get back to discussing why the WE rules now that you've had a reminisce about RS AR's, Emily?

:lol:

Ben.

Not this coming sunday right? Good. You're gonna promise to let me have a go on the WE? Lets see how its possible for the recoil to have hurt yr gal's shoulder. I'm kinda doubting that. Did you upgrade its internals?

G36 lovers must die.

I happen to like my G36. :angry:

Anyroad, Punky's hit the nail on the head a couple* posts** back. If you want a GBB rifle, you'll buy one, then fire it, and that will be the best rifle you've ever fired, and no amount of logic, reasoning or beating you with a phonebook will change your mind.

;)

* by the time I'd typed this it was "a few"

** " " " " " " " " " " "pages"

It's one step from an L85, a MK6, and bringing the rest of your cadet squad with you, Caz :bleh:

I guess everyone's allowed an opinion. But I've got a lot of other rifles, and I have to say it is pretty decent. I was fully prepared to slate it if it wasn't up to scratch when I first got it, and to be honest, I never expected it to be as nice as it is.

And as for the shoulder thing, she's a complete wuss, but after a few bursts of full auto, she was complaining. Meh.

You've also managed to remind me I need to buy another can of gas. Again. :(

Ben.

EDIT:: No, it's completely stock.

Tom says he's getting some of that Kickass Gas (Unreal Airsoft, right?) in.

I want to give that a try. I've been using Winter Green Gas, the Cybergun replacement for American Eagle.

Ben.

I'm meant to have a can of that coming in. Apparently it makes even GBBs as tempermental as the KSC M11 (of which I have 3) work flawlessly!

Archived