• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MC, MJK and RG gear-very interesting. Thanks for sharing those pics Pynk-but please don't forget to name where you got them from to give credit to the photographers or original pic owners. I believe those were originally from MP.net

@ Seraphein: your teams' DCU really works well in your AO.

Edited by Hispeed1
Is the reason for seeking out the pre MSA paraclete items because they are better built or because they have figurative black buckles?

Because it is generally better built. When MSA took over they started producing on a larger scale in larger factories, and as a result the quality of the pre-MSA items are often much better and are made of 1000D cordura instead of 500D. Besides, the pre-MSA often feature variations in color not found on the newer, standardized MSA items.

Is the reason for seeking out the pre MSA paraclete items because they are better built or because they have figurative black buckles?

I havent really noticed much difference in the quality, both MSA and pre-MSA Paraclete items are pretty much the same quality. But there is certainly a difference in color. For an authentic older kit (say, a couple years old) pre-MSA paraclete gear is preferable because MSA items are visibly different. Personally, I prefer pre-MSA items for that authentic finishing touch.

Ok-

I know I am not around here much but I found this one on my computer.

Unfortunately I no longer have this kit, after it was so close to being complete.

2DAV1926.jpg

Going for an earlier SF look.

G&P BALCS

SDS Double Pouches

SDS Woodland Canteen pouch

Maxpedition dump pouch

Gerber

VHF Radio

6 mags

Mk12 Mod 0 SPR

Quoted the picture so you can see. In the far right there is a guy with a RAV and a back panel and bottom left with woody cam and some sort of compact PC. Also in the dead center of teh pic there is a [maybe more than one?] guy with a tan [elberstock?] pack.

-Ryan

Edited by Misfit
Don't quote images, just leave a link.
Does Paraclete make a two piece RACK or chest rig?

-Ryan

Paracleteabdominalchestracksystem.jpg

That is a Paraclete abdominal chest RACK system, as pictured in their summer 2002 catalog.

Here is the following description:

"Two 14” x 7” panels with 3 rows of strapping are joined in the front by a # 10 zipper. Shoulder straps crossing in the back and waist band are 1 1/2””wide webbing secured by side release buckles. The top of each panel opens for the storage of maps and other flat items. This system is compatible with MOLLE/SPEAR pockets."

It pretty much looks like an RAV zippered cummerbund without the RAV attachments at the ends, and shoulder straps and a lower back strap.