• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some new training pics from the SOF thread on mp.net...

091021f3431h131.jpg

U.S. Special Forces Soldiers dismount from a Humvee during a training exercise at the Nevada and Test Training Range, north of Las Vegas, Oct. 21, 2009. Special forces units from all service branches and allied nations use the facilities at the range for various training exercises. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Michael R. Holzworth/Released)

091021f3431h138.jpg

U.S. Special Forces Soldiers rescue the daughter of a village elder from a simulated hostage situation during a training scenario at the Nevada and Test Training Range, north of Las Vegas, Oct. 21, 2009. Special forces units from all service branches and allied nations use the facilities at the range for various training exercises. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Michael R. Holzworth/Released)

091021f3431h153z.jpg

U.S. Special Forces Soldiers search for the daughter of a village elder during a simulated hostage situation at the Urban Operations Center at the Nevada and Test Training Range, north of Las Vegas, Oct. 21, 2009. Special forces units from all service branches and allied nations use the facilities at the range for various training exercises. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Michael R. Holzworth/Released)

091021f3431h174.jpg

NEVADA TEST and TRAINING RANGE, Nev. -- U.S. Special Forces soldiers search for the daughter of a village elder from a simulated hostage situation during a training scenario at the Urban Operations Center on the Nevada Test and Training Range, Oct. 21, 2009. Special Forces Units from all branches of service and allied nations use the facilities on the NTTR for a multitude of different training. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Michael R. Holzworth)(released)

091021f5985c001.jpg

NEVADA TEST and TRAINING RANGE, Nev. -- U.S. Air Force Joint Terminal Attack Controller Airman assists a U.S. Army Special Forces Soldier with treating a simulated civilian victim from a simulated roadside bomb at the Urban Operations Center on the Nevada Test and Training Range, Oct. 21, 2009. Special Forces Units from all branches of service and allied nations use the facilities on the NTTR for a multitude of different training. (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Brett Clashman/Released)

091021f5985c017.jpg

NEVADA TEST and TRAINING RANGE, Nev. -- A U.S. Air Force Joint Terminal Attack Controller Airman treats a simulated civilian victim from a simulated roadside bomb while the victim's wife grieves over her husband during a training exercise at the Urban Operations Center on the Nevada Test and Training Range, Oct. 21, 2009. Special Forces Units from all branches of service and allied nations use the facilities on the NTTR for a multitude of different training. (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Brett Clashman/Released)

091021f5985c066.jpg

U.S. Special Forces Soldiers prepare to evacuate a man with mock wounds from a simulated roadside bomb at the Nevada Test and Training Range, north of Las Vegas, Oct. 21, 2009. Special forces units from all service branches and allied nations use the facilities at the range for various training exercises. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Michael R. Holzworth/Released)

091021f5985c075.jpg

NEVADA TEST and TRAINING RANGE, Nev. -- A U.S. Army Special Forces Soldier guards the perimeter to ensure security at the Urban Operations Center on the Nevada Test and Training Range, Oct. 21, 2009. Special Forces Units from all branches of service and allied nations use the facilities on the NTTR for a multitude of different training. (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Brett Clashman/Released)

Hi again guys!

Only a little update on my WIP. Hope you like it!

delta23k.jpg

delta24c.jpg

delta25.jpg

delta28.jpg

KITLIST:

UNIFORM

- DCU RAID

- PANTAC RESCUE BELT BLK

- MAGNUM AMAZON TAN

- MECHANIX M-PACT

- HATCH KNEE PAD

- MTM BLACKHAWK WATCH

1st LINE

- PANTAC DUTY BELT BLK

- SAFARILAND 3004 FOR 1911 WITH SUREFIRE 610R

- EI SAS .223 DOUBLE FB TIGHT POUCH OD

- GEMTECH PISTOL RETENTION LANYARD BLK

2nd LINE

- PARACLETE HPC w/o CUMMERBUND SG

- AWS STRIKE VEST BLK

HEADGEAR

- MICH 2002 OD (REPRO)

- PELTOR COMTAC I (REPRO) WITH NEXUS TP-120 PIN & U-94 TYPE PTT

THINGS TO BE REPLACED

- PANTAC RESCUE BELT --> EI RESCUE BELT

- PELTOR COMTAC I (REPRO) --> PELTOR COMTAC I (ORIGINAL)

- MICH CHIN STRAPS (REPRO) --> MICH CHIN STRAPS (ORIGINAL)

- MECHANIX M-PACT --> MECHANIX 4.0

- HATCH KNEE PAD --> ALTA KNEE PAD

- MAGNUM AMAZON --> OACKLEY ASSAULT GI

- SAFARILAND 3004 --> EI G-CODE HOLSTER FOR G19

- M4 MRE --> HK416

- AIMPOINT COMP M2 --> EO-TECH 551

- AN/PEQ-2A --> AN/PEQ-15

THINGS TO REMOVE

- AWS STRIKE VEST

- GEMTECH RETENTION LANYARD

THINGS TO ADD

- 2 x PARACLETE M4 DOUBLE MAGAZINE POUCH SG (buy pending)

- 1 x PARACLETE PRC-148 POUCH SG (buy pending)

- 1 x PARACLETE "SMALL" GP POUCH SG (on the way)

- 1 x CAMELBACK MULE BLK (buy pending)

- ANVIS NVG MOUNT (buy pending)

- ANVIS NVG WIRE (on the way)

- ANVIS LPBP (buy pending)

- MS-2000 STROBE LIGHT (buy pending)

- BOLLE T800 (on the way)

- G19 (buy pending)

- EI PRL OD (buy pending)

Regards!

@ SgtKinnaird: where'd your M1911 go? I only see its retention lanyard. I know you're kind of doing a set-up like the pic shown. But may I suggest replacing your gear with either all MJK (tan/khaki), RG or spraying the black gear tan and spraying your MICH helmet too. I know back in the days a lot of "their" gear was black. But tan would help your gear blend in with your BDU's and your AO (environment). MJK colored gear is also pretty versatile because you can also use it with Multiscam, digital desert/woodland BDU's.

Nice looking kit CoolHeart_ASN, even the things that need changing to bring it to completion are in hand. The only thing I would change, echoing Sgt. Kinnaird's earlier comment, is to the ditch the OD drop leg in favour of a black one - there's an LBT black drop leg on ebay at present which might be GTG for this impression; the OD one just looks out of place. In the reference pic swiftsilentdeadly posted, the guy on the right seems to be wearing a black drop leg, so something similar in black would fit the impression better than OD.

Is the guy of the left of the pic wearing a woodland groin protecter with what looks like a Paraclete pouch attached?

Nice looking kit CoolHeart_ASN, even the things that need changing to bring it to completion are in hand. The only thing I would change, echoing Sgt. Kinnaird's earlier comment, is to the ditch the OD drop leg in favour of a black one - there's an LBT black drop leg on ebay at present which might be GTG for this impression; the OD one just looks out of place. In the reference pic swiftsilentdeadly posted, the guy on the right seems to be wearing a black drop leg, so something similar in black would fit the impression better than OD.

Is the guy of the left of the pic wearing a woodland groin protecter with what looks like a Paraclete pouch attached?

Thanks for your comment atomic. Well I have to ditch the leg panel and replace it for a similar but in black.

And yes, he´s using a groing protection (maybe balcs or otv?) with some kind of paraclete pouch

New kit i am putting together kinda a WIP, i have a large head so helmets are hard to come by.

Big head = big brains? Lol. May I suggest dusting your golden EOTech 552 tan like M4? Some replica ear pro/coms, ie: Comtac 2 (you might already have some) would go great with that cap. And how about dusting your black holster tan? Finally, you may want to lose the skull mask and Jolly Roger/pirate patch if you're going for a US SF theme. Those are more common with US Navy SEAL set-ups.

Thanks for the advice Hispeed, what kinda face pro do you reccomend? like this?

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=29516 or the same in tan? and i am thinks of dropping the holster altoghter for a serpa mounted on the chest or hip.

No prob man. I meant replica "ear protection/comms" like the EBB Comtac 2:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/element-comtac-he...lug-p-2604.html

We have a lot of real SF pics where the ops with tan baseball caps have some sort of ear pro comms. As for the holster, EBB has a tan replica Safariland 6004 if you have an M9 Beretta:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/tactical-holster-...tta-p-2413.html

They also have a replica Blackhawk leg mounted CQC holster for an M9:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/holster-plateform...tta-p-1942.html

And if you want to mount the CQC holster on some MOLLE gear, adapter:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/nylon-made-holste...orm-p-2334.html

How the hell did you guys paint your EoTechs? Painters tape on the lens?

That's what I used, that blue 3M painter's tape stuff. Mask the areas you don't want paint on. I used Tamiya aircraft spray in dark earth and tan. Lay a light tan base coat then dust with dark earth to get the shade you want. You can spray certain areas more if you want that desert camo look. I like how Tamiya paints stick good and its texture. Some people use Krylon or Rustoleums camo line. I painted a black replica 553 that I have.

No prob man. I meant replica "ear protection/comms" like the EBB Comtac 2:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/element-comtac-he...lug-p-2604.html

We have a lot of real SF pics where the ops with tan baseball caps have some sort of ear pro comms. As for the holster, EBB has a tan replica Safariland 6004 if you have an M9 Beretta:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/tactical-holster-...tta-p-2413.html

They also have a replica Blackhawk leg mounted CQC holster for an M9:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/holster-plateform...tta-p-1942.html

And if you want to mount the CQC holster on some MOLLE gear, adapter:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/nylon-made-holste...orm-p-2334.html

Avoid ACM SERPA's. There absolutly terrible.

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny

I agree (with getting a real one) but I had a replica one which was fine, it was a P226 model and fitted my P226 with Prime MBK really nicely. Bit tight at first but just needed to be worn in, think I drew and holstered about 15 times and it was good to go.

Got a real one in a trade later on so I sold the replica.

Edited by tangman