• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it ^^

I liek it too. I *fruitcaging* swear-somebody in Asia needs to make a friggin' replica ANVIS-6, mount and battery case! And sell it online.

Can't you just put that in your sig? seems you suggest it every time someone posts a loadout.

@ Fr00b: it's on my profile if you check, lol. I just comment it because the color black sticks out a lot on gear, etc.

Edited by Hispeed1
Updated Pics with Suggestions taken into effect, I am still waiting on an OD Face Wrap which in an XMAS gift and I am also receiving a single M4 mag pouch, and possibly an MICH 2001 repo.

A MICH 2000 would be a better choice for an SF impression, much more widely used and seen in plenty of reference pics. IMO the 2001 is more characteristic of a SEAL/PJ impression.

Hey mates, been looking through the old threads here.

Been thinking of doing a Green Beret (U.S. Army special forces) get up .

Looking at :

TRU in Multicam

Multicam BDU trousers (I'm a college student Crye is too expensive and im not buying chinese ######)

Regular old BDU belt

Gear

All Pantac in SG or Khaki

The issue style triple shingle

M4 double

Pistol double

Med pouch

Canteen Pouch

Generic Throat Mic (seen pics of this before)

Mechanix Gloves I love them and swear by them

Generic desert boots till I get merrels, Oakleys, or Converse

The generic little ad on chem light sticks etc.

Some sort of Knife on the rig...probably a GI tanto or some such.

Molle belt with

Fast mag

Multitool

Serpa + Glock 17

1 mag in bladetech or similar mag pouch.

Dump Pouch

Now my only questions

Molle Belt should be fine right?

and Should I get RG or Khaki gear?

This isnt meant to be full on, as I wont be buying an MBTIR replica, If it isnt real I dont see a point in having it, I may have nice radio get up, but it wont be accurate. Im not looking for an absolutely correct look, simply one I can build with just pantac pouches etc. I'll leave the real stuff to the real guys.

Helmet, I'll research later. Anything I'm missing chime in and let me know. It will be a while before I ave an M4 to match the setup. I really like RG gear, as Most of the year Its green when I play, and I really like the look of RG on multicam.

Edited by reaper16

reaper16 - SF have been known to use multicam, but are more commonly seen in ACU/UCP, 3-colour desert or even M81 woodland depending on the environment. SFLCS is khaki, which works well with all four of the mentioned camo schemes. IIRC 5th Group did use Paraclete RAVs in smoke green for a while, however nowadays it's pretty much all khaki; maybe with the odd smoke green pouch thrown on top. If you want to use multicam and ranger green pouches then I'd say that a Ranger-inspired loadout would probably be a better choice given the recent pics coming out of Afghanistan.

What rig are you thinking of running? You mention that it's green all year round, what sort of terrain/environment is it - woodland, grassland etc.?

5th Group has also used SOTech BLOCS rigs. I saw pictures when they were testing LWRC's in Afghanistan. There have been pics of various guys in Paraclete RAV/RMV/RBAV as well as a bunch of other stuff. There are thousands of guys, and dozens of companies with gear contracts to outfit them. You don't have to be that strict when going for an impression that is not that strict.

Edited by ThaFlash
reaper16 - SF have been known to use multicam, but are more commonly seen in ACU/UCP, 3-colour desert or even M81 woodland depending on the environment. SFLCS is khaki, which works well with all four of the mentioned camo schemes. IIRC 5th Group did use Paraclete RAVs in smoke green for a while, however nowadays it's pretty much all khaki; maybe with the odd smoke green pouch thrown on top. If you want to use multicam and ranger green pouches then I'd say that a Ranger-inspired loadout would probably be a better choice given the recent pics coming out of Afghanistan.

What rig are you thinking of running? You mention that it's green all year round, what sort of terrain/environment is it - woodland, grassland etc.?

Opps meant green most of the year. Its northern/eastern Kentucky where I play. It does get pretty brown in the fall, except for every greens. I think I will just run Kahki, that way I can cheat and use Condor Pouches b/c I like to spend as little as possible so I can more cash into good mags, and internals/ externals for my gun.

Also I already have Woodland, and If I buy more camo it will be Mulitcam, that way I can use it for multiple things. I have no real desire to use ACU, or 3 color desert, or buy it for that matter. Also I dont really want to do ranger, for multiple reasons. I guess this is silly, but my uncle was a green beret (or Army SF at least) in vietnam, and Ive always had an "attraction" to the green berets. If I ever elected to go into the military, which ie been debating for some time, my number one goal is to manage to become one. Silly I know, but its a big reason I want to do a loadout similar to them.

Was reading your guise's posts. Yeah, khaki gear is great 'cause you could use it with all currently used BDU camo colors. Check out the Pantac plate carrier with cumberbund for your set-up also or the larger CIRAS-L. True, Green Berets/SF are bad-*albartroth*.

@ Ghostsandman: nice painted M4 there.

Can't wait to see real pics of US SF with AOR2 BDU's. Seeing a lot of M81 woodland still.

sf-kd.jpg