• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Army is testing AOR Products (1&2) UCP D and Multicam and I know i am forgetting some, I would tend to beleive Hispeed1 on it. The Afgan Camo hasn't been decided yet. It does look like AOR not UCPd. UCPD has more of a clay colouring to it, while AOR has a Marpat look which the pic looks like.

Edited by Ghost Sandman
RRV, with mostly khaki but with one or two random CB/OD pouches thrown on.

CIRAS are interesting, but too big for me,

The RRV is a good choice judging by how you described your AO - perfect environment for an SR-type set-up. Personally I stick with having the pouches all in khaki to match the rig; that said I've got a Paraclete pouch in smoke green on my plate carrier that I'm currently working on (as featured in one of the pics of the 10th Group guys on the ranges at Fort Carson). Maybe the odd pouch (read 1-2) in a different colour would work, but I'd shy away from the CB and stick to OD or SG.

CIRAS (Maritime version) is good if you can get the right size, but this could be quite bulky for the AO where you play. I've got a medium one and it was a tad big on me to start with. I run repro hard plates and soft armour in mine, which actually makes it fit quite well now. However I tend to use this rig at urban sites (DA set-up).

The plate carrier with cummerbund that was mentioned is another good choice, there are lots of pics of it being worn (not just from Afghanistan) which gives some good ideas of set-up and it's a nice halfway house between the RRV and the CIRAS in terms of size and carrying capacity.

3rdSFGtrainingatFortBraggwithMI01.jpg

Special Forces soldiers with Company B, 4th Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) attack an enemy fighting position Nov. 13 during a training exercise with the 519th Military Intelligence Battalion, 525th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade, Fort Bragg, N.C. (U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Jeremy D. Crisp / 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne).

3rdSFGtrainingatFortBraggwithMI02.jpg

3rdSFGtrainingatFortBraggwithMI03.jpg

3rdSFGtrainingatFortBraggwithMI04.jpg

10thSFGcrosstrainingwithGermanAr-1.jpg

STUTTGART, Germany — A U.S. soldier fires his M-4 during a joint weapons training exercise being conducted by U.S. Special Forces Group 1/10th and German soldiers at a live fire range here, Dec.9, 2009. The purpose of this training exercise is to promote continued cooperation between to the two forces.

10thSFGcrosstrainingwithGermanArmy0.jpg

STUTTGART, Germany — Soldiers from the 1-10 Special Forces Group approach their targets with members of the German army on their live fire range, Dec. 9, 2009. The training is meant to strengthen the bond between the militaries, and to maintain their proficiency with small arms.

10thSFGcrosstrainingwithGermanAr-2.jpg

STUTTGART, Germany — A U.S. soldier reloads his M9 during a joint weapons training exercise being conducted by U.S. Special Forces Group 1/10th and German soldiers at a live fire range here, Dec. 9, 2009. The purpose of this training exercise is to promote continued cooperation between to the two forces.

Um, he's not reloading and nor is he carrying a M9 either <_<

Thanks for the larger AOR2 camo eval pic. Eagle Industries is also contracted to make AOR series gear besides LBT (won't find it on their websides). I'm with all you guys, not too crazy about that M14 mod. Either keep the original set-up or go with an EBR. Frew up in my mouf...

Edited by Hispeed1