I also want to know if the EPC is an acceptable type of plate carrier for this loadout or should I sell it for a different plate carrier? As for a BDU pattern I think I'll go with raid modded DCU's and throw my ranger green EPC over it for the time being. Thanks for the help so far guys.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also want to know if the EPC is an acceptable type of plate carrier for this loadout or should I sell it for a different plate carrier? As for a BDU pattern I think I'll go with raid modded DCU's and throw my ranger green EPC over it for the time being. Thanks for the help so far guys.

Should be the Eagle Plate Carrier with Cummerbund, not the Plate Carrier - never seen the latter in use with SF. A Maritime CIRAS is also another viable option, but more bulky (and expensive); Paraclete is used sometimes as well.

Should be the Eagle Plate Carrier with Cummerbund, not the Plate Carrier - never seen the latter in use with SF. A Maritime CIRAS is also another viable option, but more bulky (and expensive); Paraclete is used sometimes as well.

Thanks I keep forgetting to say thatmine is an Eagle Plate Carrier with cummerbund. I'll start an Army SF gear discussion thread so I don't clog up the picture thread.

Edited by AZN KID

For an SF kit, you would want a khaki EPC, not Ranger green.

I don't have a picture of the back yet (I'll get one once I get home, or later in the weekend), but you can kinda see the back of the shoulder straps here:

4246431788_9fd72c6287.jpg

The back of the cummerbund is also a tell tale sign, with the weaving attachment and black elastic.

I could be wrong, but that looks just like what I have.

Edited by ThaFlash
I'm talking about the dude in multicam.

Edit...

More pics.

Shoulder Straps:

Rear cummerbund, I don't have enough weight on there to stretch them out so I had to really pull but you can see the attachment and elastic:

If you are talking about the guy in the 2nd pic, that is an HPC. You can tell because it doesnt seem to have a drag handle, and on the shoulder pads you can see the velcro on the back, and that would mean the plastic ring connectors are on the front (whereas on the SOHPC, they are on the back).

But very nice SOHPC you got there. :)

I have seen other pics of SF guys using them, if any one wants ill try to dig them up.

I thought that PC was a DBT. Don't SOHPC's have buckles on the back of the shoulders and a different C-bund attachment system?

Are you by any chance thinking of that one plate carrier that PJ's are often pictured with these days?

If so, I know what you are talking about and it isnt a SOHPC.

Edited by Sgt. Kinnaird

Here's the loadout I'm planning, comments/critiques/advice appreciated. How does it look?:

Headgear

Gentex ACH

- Norotos 1 Hole Mount

-ACU cover -Surefire Helmet Light ESS Profile NVGs (Tan)

-EI Goggle Cover, Lined

Comms

1st Line

EI IER Belt

2nd Line (Khaki)

BAe Eclipse RBAV-SF

BAe Eclipse SAW pouch

EI 100rd SAW pouch

BAe Eclipse Large Utility Pouch

BAe Eclipse Admin Panel

BAe Eclipse Hydration Pouch

BAe Eclipse Radio Pouch

Miscellaneous

Belleville Boots (not sure of exact model)

BHI Nomex gloves

Propper ACUs

Edited by MI2
If you are talking about the guy in the 2nd pic, that is an HPC. You can tell because it doesnt seem to have a drag handle, and on the shoulder pads you can see the velcro on the back, and that would mean the plastic ring connectors are on the front (whereas on the SOHPC, they are on the back).

Yeah, you're right about that. He does however have the SOHPC (style) cummerbund, wish I could see the front.

The hpc has no elastic on the back.

Are you referring to that black elastic on the cummerbund?

If so, it actually does

itemsforsale001.jpg

You can see it in there, although it isnt as visible as in the other pics because there is no weight to stretch it out.

Edited by Sgt. Kinnaird

Picked up a helmet for my SF kit, I painted it and wanted input, I will get retetion straps for the goggles and the Flakjaks will be swapped out for ESS goggles. I will also be getting a differnt chinstrap. Input???

Jan10004.jpg

Jan10005.jpg

Jan10007.jpg

Edited by Ghost Sandman
Are you referring to that black elastic on the cummerbund?

If so, it actually does

You can see it in there, although it isnt as visible as in the other pics because there is no weight to stretch it out.

Wow, they have definitely changed that design since I had mine. Mine had no elastic on the cummerbund and the hook on the front was positioned differently; it had a vertical seam instead of the horizontal one. Mine also had unpadded shoulders.

Did you purchase yours retail? Does it have side armor pockets? Is the internal cummerbund elastic as well?