• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liek the Block 2 M4 CQBR's they showed. Seeing new footage is great-but I wasn't happy with it, wasn't too positive. Nice to see some old woodland. When will we see some AOR2.

I think the navy called a pretty heavy 'dibs' on that one hispeed. Soldier Systems had an article about it and how they wanted to brand it like USMC had done with their new patterns.

Thanks for the AOR2/NWU T3 info guise. I thought AOR1/2 was all of USSOCOM. I guess we'll keep seeing more US SF in woodland, 3-color desert, Multicam & ACU then.

@ Fatal: oh you know what I mean! Lol! I was also hoping for more cool-guy action footage, gear, etc. Her old report on some SEAL's was a little better.

Edited by Hispeed1
Well its just the fact that they chose to focus alot of their little air time on shortcoming and pitfalls of the training program instead of something a bit more uplifting.

Well maybe thats a good thing, take note of the mistakes as to fix them eh? Ever heard the old saying those who do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them?

Yes im sure 60 minutes is qualified to correct Green Berets on their indig training./sarcasm

Im just saying you think the little snippet of time that the soldiers get some air time it could be about progess not about isolated incidents

When we resurrect John Wayne, we'll get him to clear up all this with a sequel to The Green Berets

I'm going to have to agree with Azulsky. The reporter stated that they spent 2 months embedded with this unit. Firstly I don't know how editing and cutting all that footage down to a 10-15 minute story paints a realistic picture of what is going on over there. Furthermore it's a shame they focused on the negative aspects of their time with them, I'm sure there had to be more than a few success stories during that period as well.

The Quiet Professionals from 60 Minutes last night with Lara Logan ;)

I watched this last night and was a little disappointed with this latest offering from 60 Minutes. As has already been mentioned - 2 months spent with the ODA and all they get is a sub-20 minute piece! The SEAL one was more interesting. That said, it was good to see the FID mission in a little more detail; made a nice change from the boots on the ground engaging an unseen enemy pieces that usually air. Until The Quiet Professionals, the FID mission was generally being overlooked by the media and as this is part of the justification behind the surge (get more troops on the ground training the ANSF) 60 Minutes at least did something new in focusing on this; albeit the piece was too short IMO and therefore could not give the topic the coverage and importance that it deserves.

Some interesting footage nonetheless of the ODA training and in the field with the Afghan Commandos... liking the M81 woodland loadouts - might have to mod my shirt and rock this next time I play!

Well its just the fact that they chose to focus alot of their little air time on shortcoming and pitfalls of the training program instead of something a bit more uplifting.

2 Months isn't a very long time, it isn't pitfalls in training, it's what is going on real-time. I can remember being on numurous patrols with IA and IP's where they discharged their weapons when they shouldn't. It happens a lot and needs to be seen that these soldiers need help in training.

Yes im sure 60 minutes is qualified to correct Green Berets on their indig training./sarcasm

Im just saying you think the little snippet of time that the soldiers get some air time it could be about progess not about isolated incidents

When we resurrect John Wayne, we'll get him to clear up all this with a sequel to The Green Berets

They are, they are civilians and tax payers, which is who the US Military works for, so yes, they are more then allowed to questioning their work, but it doesn't mean they are right, or wrong. To me the whole video was on progress, you don't think that shooting those 2 kids has any effect on progress? Showing how those soldiers don't know proper weapons handling skills after their initial training? Instead of checking out the gear you should maybe actually watch and listen to the video it goes over quite a bit. These incidents aren't isolated at all, these are everyday things going on overseas.

I'm going to have to agree with Azulsky. The reporter stated that they spent 2 months embedded with this unit. Firstly I don't know how editing and cutting all that footage down to a 10-15 minute story paints a realistic picture of what is going on over there. Furthermore it's a shame they focused on the negative aspects of their time with them, I'm sure there had to be more than a few success stories during that period as well.

I would much rather have the truth then some buttered up fairytale. What do you expect to happen in 2 months? Not everyday is a patrol where something happens, there are off days, missions the reporters aren't allowed to go on, training the Afghan's and other stuff that goes on. Again, the point of the story was to inform you what is going on, not a Hollywood mock up of super heros.

Edited by Fatal
2 Months isn't a very long time, it isn't pitfalls in training, it's what is going on real-time. I can remember being on numurous patrols with IA and IP's where they discharged their weapons when they shouldn't. It happens a lot and needs to be seen that these soldiers need help in training.

They are, they are civilians and tax payers, which is who the US Military works for, so yes, they are more then allowed to questioning their work, but it doesn't mean they are right, or wrong. To me the whole video was on progress, you don't think that shooting those 2 kids has any effect on progress? Showing how those soldiers don't know proper weapons handling skills after their initial training? Instead of checking out the gear you should maybe actually watch and listen to the video it goes over quite a bit. These incidents aren't isolated at all, these are everyday things going on overseas.

I would much rather have the truth then some buttered up fairytale. What do you expect to happen in 2 months? Not everyday is a patrol where something happens, there are off days, missions the reporters aren't allowed to go on, training the Afghan's and other stuff that goes on. Again, the point of the story was to inform you what is going on, not a Hollywood mock up of super heros.

Very true. Point taken.

CAG Kit ver 1.0:

CAGvest1.jpg

CAGVest2.jpg

and the CAG MRE (My prefference version) final:

CAGM41.jpg

Uniform for this is a set of M81 woodlands modded, Custom OP Top (combat shirt) and Modded trousers pockets shifted for useing Drop legs and knee pads. Shock cord in ankles.

Still trying to sort out an ANVIS mount but I am not sure if I really want to screw with that or not. I have a MICH 2000 for this kit and still need to get a good idea of what it still needs.

Navymp, how do you have those under the cummerbund shingles configured on the RAV? How did you get them to attach over the velcro part of the RAV?

Those are LBT shingles and have hook on the back and loop on the front. I just slapped them onto the loop where the cumberbund velcros down and then slapped the cumberbund onto the fron of the pouches. Easy day really.